• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll perm ban bet you for it. How's that?

What are your conditions?

fuck that

But I still would be very surprised if Monster Hunter - not Frontier, Monster Hunter proper - came to any consoles, even Wii U. Verrrrry surprised.

Only way I could see it happening is Sony trying to find a way to give JP PS4 sales a kick up the arse.

Wiggy

Monsters Hunter PS4 announcement should make for some interesting threads

You know I'm on mobile, and I stopped reading past JRPGs, so I did not know what was on the rest of the list. Lol. My bad.

Dont sweat it, thanks to verendus this is a fast moving thread

Verendus just made my day, finally after all these years, MH on a PS Platform!!!

I just wish it would be Monster Hunter on PS Vita, but that dream is dead :(

Thank you, Verendus!

Also:

Although, check your expectations a little if you're expecting some massive effort. We're just fitting in what exists, rather than trying to create something new.

Are you implying the MH game will be a port of the ones on 3DS or will be a half ass game made in collaboration with Sony?

I'll perm ban bet you for it. How's that?

What are your conditions?

nvxdzj6.gif

I think we probably have a better chance of seeing that FF7 remake than a Monster Hunter game on the PS4. Well, aside from the MMO MonHun games.

Verendus just made my day, finally after all these years, MH on a PS Platform!!!

I just wish it would be Monster Hunter on PS Vita, but that dream is dead :(

Thank you, Verendus!

Also:

Are you implying the MH game will be a port of the ones on 3DS or will be a half ass game made in collaboration with Sony?

You can always remote play mate.

Verendus

Banned
They gutted XV despite claiming the original story stuff was intact.
Yeah, reading the thread now.

But you knew they did a soft reboot last year, didn't you? I remember us talking about it a while back. It's a mess, but it is what it is. Not much that can be done really. I just want them to get it done, and get it out of the way. I'm more interested in what comes next.

Dude. Don't do it. It's not worth it.
lol

Why? I think it would be hilarious being able to collect at a random time.

Here's a thing too: even if MonHun did ever come to PS4, that's not an E3 announcement. Capcom wouldn't even wait two weeks to announce MHX at E3, so it even being a thing in this thread is weird

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah, reading the thread now.

But you knew they did a soft reboot last year, didn't you? I remember us talking about it a while back. It's a mess, but it is what it is. Not much that can be done really.

Yeah, the irritating part was their refusal to come out about that clearly until today.

aly

People are mad that Stella is gone and SE fibbed about keeping the original stuff intact. But I can't be too mad at them when DQ Heroes is coming out this year.

ekim

Here's a thing too: even if MonHun did ever come to PS4, that's not an E3 announcement. Capcom wouldn't even wait two weeks to announce MHX at E3, so it even being a thing in this thread is weird

Why wouldn't they wait? I don't get your point.

edit:got it. duh. my fault.

Well, didn't Verendus indicate that the list he posted wasn't even for this E3?

It was for discussion over the course of the next two years. I don't expect any of that to show up at this E3.

Jawmuncher

People are mad that Stella is gone and SE fibbed about keeping the original stuff intact. But I can't be too mad at them when DQ Heroes is coming out this year.

I'm not mad at all. I really didn't find anything we have heard up to this point to be all that big of a deal. It's not like were witnessing a Fuse to Overstrike style change.

Well, didn't Verendus indicate that the list he posted wasn't even for this E3?

It was for discussion over the course of the next two years. I don't expect any of that to show up at this E3.

OK, that's fine then. I'll admit I only skimmed his post and only read the MonHun bit in full

I can already envisage post e3, people hating on Verendus after misinterpreting his list as games that will be shown at e3, even though he is being clear the games on his list will not necessarily be at this year's or even next year's event. Happen's a lot on Gaf sadly.

Verendus

Banned
Yeah, the irritating part was their refusal to come out about that clearly until today.
In hindsight, it probably wasn't a smart idea to announce the game at E3 2013. It probably would've been best to just sit on it until things developed further, but I doubt even they were aware it'd end like this back then. It's actually fascinating really.

Ishida

Banned
A non AAA FF7 spin off? Wtf... This will sthink hard. So its not even a remake? Its probably a PSN music game or some crappy shit. Please be exctied

Verendus said that the spin off may not be AAA, but that fans will like it and that it will be interesting. I highly doubt it is a music game or something like that.

thuway

At the very least there are other interesting projects that should keep the PS4 faithful happy ^_^. There's atleast that. So does this mean an avatar change?

Philippo

I guess the MH without much effort is going to be MH4U?

In hindsight, it probably wasn't a smart idea to announce the game at E3 2013. It probably would've been best to just sit on it until things developed further, but I doubt even they were aware it'd end like this back then. It's actually fascinating really.

No way, E3 2013 re-reval was crucial, if they'd waited more (TGS 2014 is the next point where we saw new material) it would have seriously been forgotten.

If anything, KHIII should have been postponed.

What was the driving factor behind the trainwreck that is FFXVs development? Was is story? Combat system? Director just sucking? All of the above?

I remember talk of FFXIII going through many different cycles too due to the combat system changing around so often , or some such.

But it's not been good lately for the main FF games

FFXIII was supposedly rocked by development troubles which caused the extra long dev cycle
FFXIV had to be completely redone once completed
FFXV goes through multiple revisions and indeed has to completely change directors to finally get on track

At this point I think them returning to just a pure traditional JRPG with FFXVI would do them good. FFX battle system, old school fantasy feel. All that. Let the team know the singular vision going in so they can concentrate on making it just as good as possible.

Verendus said two of those exclusive JRPG will be announced this year.
One of them is Level 5....but the other one??

Kyoufu also made an avatar bet, that the FF7 Remake will get announced this year

JRPG2 = Final Fantasy 7 Remake....dum dum dum

Please be excited

mrqs

Being new to GAF is some kind hard, been there.

Also, are you a BR youtube dude? Name sounds familiar

Yes it truly is. It's really hard to keep track of the community here, a lot of people are saying a lot of things all the time. I barely do any posts, i enjoy reading tho.

And yes, i'm @MarquesZero, really glad you recognize me, didn't though it would happen haha!

thuway

I would much rather SE remake FFVI or Chrono Trigger before stepping foot onto FFVII. Chrono Trigger is such an ignored franchise :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom