• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zophar

DQ11 on PS4 seems obvious. Any other platform they could release it on is either in decline (PS3, 3DS, Vita) or totally dead in Japan (Wii U, XB1). The only other option is waiting for yet another generation to pass, which doesn't seem likely IMO.

jbug617

Banned
This hasn't been explained yet. It was from SFV presentation at Taipei Game Show

Street-Fighter-V-Logo.jpg

LuuKyK

Well Kingdom hearts basically is a Disney character/Square enix character crossover game, what with Final Fantasy and the World ends with you people appearing in the franchise.

Well, yeah, but being a port, it just doesn't feel like it has a place in that list for me (for some reason). Who knows though.

Man, the Ps4 will eventually have Monster Hunter, Persona, Final Fantasy, Dragons Quest, Disgaea, Star Ocean, Kingdom Hearts, Level 5 JRPG project, God Eater, etc

Dream come true. Gotta love it

TomShoe

Banned
Is this Monster Hunter PS4 game a mainline MH? Possibly an upgraded version of 4? Maybe it's very own spin-off title with some kind of mechanic thrown in so they can charge $60? Time will tell, I guess. Didn't think MH would ever get on a non-Ninty console since PSP, but I guess the Wii U proved me wrong as far as the console space goes.

I haven't read every page so excuse me if I'm asking the obvious, but is a Monster Hunter on PS4 really happening? I assume it would be a spin-off rather than mainline instalment?

jbug617

Banned
Something tells me that's just a screw up more than anything. 2013?

Nope. They asked Ono about it and he said can't confirm or talk about it yet.

Maybe Square is helping out with the story mode for the game. They said Capcom is taking it more serious this time

TomShoe

Banned
"@aegis: sometimes if you're unlucky you'll get what you've been asking for for years in the most deflating way possible."

How could The Last Guardian be ruined? hmmmm.

what have they done to the last guardian?

Didn't that already happen with FFVII remaster? lol

Isn't that Arthur Gies though? Or is that an answer to him?

Don't mind Gies, just his usual shit.

Is this Monster Hunter PS4 game a mainline MH? Possibly an upgraded version of 4? Maybe it's very own spin-off title with some kind of mechanic thrown in so they can charge $60? Time will tell, I guess. Didn't think MH would ever get on a non-Ninty console since PSP, but I guess the Wii U proved me wrong as far as the console space goes.
Maybe x but that is hoping for too much I suppose.

GeoramA

MH and FFVII aren't surprising given the popularity, but Parasite Eve? That's random as hell, but awesome. Horror games seem like they're coming back in a big way.

It could be that the mainline launches on the most popular handheld while the HD remastered come to the most popular console?

Verendus

Banned
Demon's Souls 2, yes. DQ:Heroes, possibly but if you recall Verendus said a mainline DQ was coming. So, most likely a guess.
I'd also like to agree with you.

Until FF7 happens, everything is a guess. It has to release. It can't just be announced, but people need to have it in their hands. Only then can we look at this otherwise. I mean, it's going to be a hell of a lot of years, but The Rock told me something a long time ago. Not me personally, but the millions and millions. He said no one cares about Act 1, or Act 2. Everyone only cares about Act 3. It's not about how you start, but how you finish. That's why, in line with classic storytelling conventions, we must accept that everything was luck based until that game comes along.

The game on that list that might be for Nintendo isn't for Wii U or 3DS as I understand it. It's for their next platform, and the reason I came to learn about it, is because I'm aware they approached the publisher to get something done, and that was the title that ended up being talked about between them. The issue is, I don't actually know if it's something they're really going through with. If they do, it's pretty noteworthy.

That list isn't for E3 though. Well, some of the original list certainly is, but a lot of these games aren't. That Nintendo title, if they're doing it, would likely show up next year or beyond.

Hmmm I'd like to believe in the FF6 remake is what Nintendo is after. Gotta rekindle that SNES era of titles and I personally believe that Nintendo wants FF back on their platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom