• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAL2006

Banned
Some predictions for Sony

Sony's big fall game will be Ratchet and Clank. There will be a lot of negativity, not a huge difference from the old games and it looks to be similar to a rushed licensed game just for the movie.

Games we already know about will get a lot of coverage, such as The Witness, Rime, Shadow of the Beast, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture, Tearaway Unfolded, No Man's Sky and Until Dawn. These games will have Gameplay and release dates for the rest of the year. Some of these games will be saved for Sony's weak fall line up.

Uncharted Trilogy will be unveiled however Multiplayer from the old games will not be included which will cause backlash. Instead Beta access for Uncharted 4 is included. Will release between September and fall with the Multiplayer Beta.

New Uncharted 4 Gameplay Demo revealed that is way better than last year's Gameplay.

New Street Fighter V Demo will be shown. With Bison, Ken and new female character revealed.

Level 5 JRPG will be revealed with a Trailer. Nothing mind blowing but will get JRPG fans happy.

Heavy focus with 3rd party games which will annoy GAF alot. Games include Battlefront and Destiny DLC.

Morpheus price and official name revealed.
Games patched to include Morpheus Support
No Man's Sky
The Witness
Unfinished Swan

New Morpheus Software
Sony London Pack In Game (Mini Game Collection)
Zindagi Move Game
Media Molecule New IP
Some PSN games
Morpheus Apps (virtual tours and etc)

Finally Gureilla Games New IP will be revealed with a CG Trailer.

Servbot24

Banned
My Sony prediction:

They're not worried about lack of Holiday exclusives because Morpheus is their Holiday exclusive. Major 3rd party games will utilize it.

I have absolutely no idea how likely this is, just guessing. :p

Sony's big fall game will be Ratchet and Clank. There will be a lot of negativity, not a huge difference from the old games and it looks to be similar to a rushed licensed game just for the movie.

It is a game made by the original, passionate studio. The entire creative team is working on it.

Kyoufu

My Sony prediction:

They're not worried about lack of Holiday exclusives because Morpheus is their Holiday exclusive. Major 3rd party games will utilize it.

I have absolutely no idea how likely this is, just guessing. :p

They already said it's coming next year.

FluxWaveZ

Of course. It's one of Sony's top 3 exclusives this Winter, even in the West.

There's a lot of mystery surrounding that game for something that's supposed to be out this year, so the extent of its E3 showing is not certain. There are a bunch of people who think it might be delayed to 2016 in NA.

Percy

Banned
It is a game made by the original, passionate studio. The entire creative team is working on it.

Considering Insomniac's output since Crack in Time it's probably fair to say passion and creativity are dead concepts to them.

I'd bet my boots the new R&C is the most phoned in to date.

GT7 will have to be there in some form, they aren't sponsoring Pike's Peak for naught.

That's what i'm hoping for, but Polyphony does sponsor a number of events. They're a sponsor for Super GT and the 24h of Nurburgring as well. But they're listed as the first Platinum sponsor of the PPHC. Although i'm still not sure what that means. :p

Of course. It's one of Sony's top 3 exclusives this Winter, even in the West.

The one reason I question how much of a presence P5 will have there is because P4D is releasing a week after E3 with new P5 footage. So I wonder if Atlus will just want to hold out for then as far as showing new footage.

Adachi

Banned
Phil has a tough job. The day star ocean 5 was announced his twitter was bombarded with xbox user demanding he get the game on their system. Social media can be rough sometimes
Which is weird if you think about it, if you're into JRPGs and japanese games in general what would make you go and decide to exclusively game on Xbox/not get a PS console?

Granted SO4 came to Xbox first but still not owning a PS system for those games is just poor planning on the persons part.

What basis you do have for this prediction? Have you seen this game at all? I would be shocked if this was true.

You're going to be disappointed.

live-for-the-journey-not-the-destination.jpg

Im ready

There's going to be a big Morpheus demonstration at Sony's conference isn't there... ugh. Looking past the fact that VR does little to excite me, I'm dreading the possibility of it turning into another Wonderbook trainwreck that can only be viewed through hand-covered eyes. There are some things that really don't translate well to a live arena, and those things almost always involve motion controls of some kind. People doing weird things on stage and looking like assholes in the process was funny back in 2008, but I haven't got the stomach for that sort of thing anymore.

Still, if VR replaces Shawn Layden wittering on for twenty minutes about stats and goldie oldies that have no bearing on what's actually featured in the conference, then I'll take it.

Arkam

I see Sony having a few games that support Morpheus to show off. Probably some Q4 third party games that will get patched support.

Beyond that I am going to show up at the LA convention center with no expectations.

This E3 is his to win. Two Rare IPs (Battletoads and something else), Scalebound gameplay, Rise of the Tomb Raider reveal, Halo 5, Forza 6, Crackdown 3, Gears Remaster unveil, and a Gears 4 unveil. That's every MAJOR first party franchise MS has plus some topping. It is literally is the perfect storm. It's like a dream E3 list for a Xbox fan come to life. On top of that, I am pretty sure they'll have some smaller games and some other suprises. You don't get the honor to host a conference like this, except once or twice a decade.

I am a Sony fan, but I am stupidly excited to see what Xbox has to show this year because there is potential for best Xbox conference ever about to happen.
If all you care about is established franchises, than yeah I guess it is their E3 to lose.

Circinus

Morpheus is exactly what will lose E3 for Sony. I'm excited about it, and will buy it day 1, but it has the potential to be Wonderbook 2.0 in terms of presentation. Keep it short, succint, and a book end- not a cornerstone.

On the other hand, I agree Sony has a lot of unknowns in the pipeline. So far the first party studios have been relatively quiet. Guerilla Games, Polyphony, Bend Studio (why do all of you forget this, the clues are everywhere), Media Molecule (outside Tearaway), Team ICO, and Studio Japan - are all working hard, but will they show up?

Sony hosts one too many conferences for all the players to unite at one show. I feel they will most likely have Bend, David Cage, and Guerilla show up. The rest will be second party exclusives, third party content/DLC, and smaller but brilliant titles.

I agree. North America is MS's main cash cow and it is in their best interest to front load this E3 because expectations are sky high.

I disagree. Morpheus sounds awesome, they need to highlight and it and show it off! ^.^

It will be the only E3 before Morpheus' launch, so of course it's going to be a big part of it.

VR is going to be huge.

That's what i'm hoping for, but Polyphony does sponsor a number of events. They're a sponsor for Super GT and the 24h of Nurburgring as well. But they're listed as the first Platinum sponsor of the PPHC. Although i'm still not sure what that means. :p

Those two are already somewhat represented in the game though.
It'll either be GT7 or they're adding Pikes Peak to GT6, which I kinda doubt.

There's always the chance that it was planned to be GT7 reveal but Polyphony fuck up and nothing gets announced!

For those worried about Morpheus taking up Sony's show, it will probably be there but don't expect much. Sony has already said multiple times that a conference is not an adequate way to show off VR.

labaronx

Which is weird if you think about it, if you're into JRPGs and japanese games in general what would make you go and decide to exclusively game on Xbox/not get a PS console?

Granted SO4 came to Xbox first but still not owning a PS system for those games is just poor planning on the persons part.

Some of them mentioned dragons dogma online, some even demanded phil and square enix about ff dissadia. I asked a few of them if they were so into Japanese games why not invest in a ps4. Few responded to my questions

I disagree. Morpheus sounds awesome, they need to highlight and it and show it off! ^.^

It will be the only E3 before Morpheus' launch, so of course it's going to be a big part of it.

VR is going to be huge.
But how can you present it on stage without looking as stupid as a kinect kid?
It would be best to show a reel with date and price and after that tell the audience that after the show there will be 100 morpheus stations installed for testing all around in the theatre.

Circinus

Some predictions for you:

You're going to eat an astronomical amount of crow.

Dynomutt

For those worried about Morpheus taking up Sony's show, it will probably be there but don't expect much. Sony has already said multiple times that a conference is not an adequate way to show off VR.

Yeah, i actually don't want much of Morpheus at all. It's still in the infancy stage and i don't want expectations to exceed reality. Especially E3 and Neogaf.

Those two are already somewhat represented in the game though.
It'll either be GT7 or they're adding Pikes Peak to GT6, which I kinda doubt.

There's always the chance that it was planned to be GT7 reveal but Polyphony fuck up and nothing gets announced!

Yeah, I think people are now expecting PP to appear in the next GT. The other heavily speculated track is Isle of Man because PD were spotted laser scanning it. Would be pretty awesome if the reveal trailer (whenever it happens) ended with a row of bikes lined up on the course.

Circinus

But how can you present it on stage without looking as stupid as a kinect kid?
It would be best to show a reel with date and price at the end and after that tell the audience that after the show there will be 100 morpheus stations installed for testing all around in the theatre.

It doesn't have to be a demo with emphasis on the person demoing in the game. It can be a gameplay demo like any other game, with emphasis on the gameplay footage itself and emphasis on the fact that it will be even more immersive. With the audience being invited to try it out for themselves afterwards.

And they can simply gameplay footage from the VR games or/and demos they have.

It's a bummer that the possibility of Persona 5 being at the Sony conference is strongly doubtful. It could create such a huge splash. The crowd reactions at simply the P5 logo popping up at PlayStation Experience 2014 proves as much.

New trailer with release date....one can dream.

I'm going to lol when Level-5's game is eventually shown. The reactions should be hilarious to read.

DQ11 confirmed.

20150205_054237_thumb.png

Included with first-print copies of Persona 4: Dancing All Night, releasing on June 25, 2015.

Maybe its just a sneak peak of the P5 OST :p

FluxWaveZ

Maybe its just a sneak peak of the P5 OST :p

Heh, I remember when people thought this was all that was going to be shown at Persona Super Live. For the Blu-ray, though, it's specifically entitled "Special Blu-ray movie," and ads for it have said it's "packed full of special footage."

Zedox

Yeah, I think people are now expecting PP to appear in the next GT. The other heavily speculated track is Isle of Man because PD were spotted laser scanning it. Would be pretty awesome if the reveal trailer (whenever it happens) ended with a row of bikes lined up on the course.

I never understood my PD did not just add the bikes in GT4. TT was essentially GT4 with bikes. I'm guessing working on premium cars took priority in GT5. I wonder how some of the community would react if the number of new premium cars was downsized due to premium bikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom