• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This E3 is his to win. Two Rare IPs (Battletoads and something else), Scalebound gameplay, Rise of the Tomb Raider reveal, Halo 5, Forza 6, Crackdown 3, Gears Remaster unveil, and a Gears 4 unveil. That's every MAJOR first party franchise MS has plus some topping. It is literally is the perfect storm. It's like a dream E3 list for a Xbox fan come to life. On top of that, I am pretty sure they'll have some smaller games and some other suprises. You don't get the honor to host a conference like this, except once or twice a decade.

I am a Sony fan, but I am stupidly excited to see what Xbox has to show this year because there is potential for best Xbox conference ever about to happen.

Eh, not for me. E3 for me is about the new hype announcements of new games and IPs honestly. New gameplay is great but the announcements are what make a good E3 for me.

Heh, I remember when people thought this was all that was going to be shown at Persona Super Live. For the Blu-ray, though, it's specifically entitled "Special Blu-ray movie," and ads for it have said it's "packed full of special footage."

17 minute reveal trailer incoming

That's like the only way this fabled Level 5 PS4 will be any good. Level 5 is terrible at making original games and is better suited to workhorse programing/art/etc based on someone else's design/vision.

What are you talking about?

Dark Cloud was amazing. Rogue Galaxy was great as was Jeanne D'arc. WKC was mediocre with some great concepts. Ni No Kuni was great. Heard Yokai Watch is really good as well.

I never understood my PD did not just add the bikes in GT4. TT was essentially GT4 with bikes. I'm guessing working on premium cars took priority in GT5. I wonder how some of the community would react if the number of new premium cars was downsized due to premium bikes.

TT came out after GT4, so they probably didn't want to cut into its chance of success. But they were planning to include bikes in GT2000, but that ended up being canned and bikes in the series became a big dream for fans.

vpance

If all you care about is established franchises, than yeah I guess it is their E3 to lose.

In reality, first party AAA has never been more irrelevant outside of a few franchises. But we still hold them up to impossibly high standards here like they will all be saviors. Most of the big talent has to prove themselves worthy again as its been so long since we've seen real gems from them. Goes for both Sony and MS.

Yiazmat

I never understood my PD did not just add the bikes in GT4. TT was essentially GT4 with bikes. I'm guessing working on premium cars took priority in GT5. I wonder how some of the community would react if the number of new premium cars was downsized due to premium bikes.

If they add bikes to GT7 we all know that they'll just port the ones from TT and maybe add a couple of new ones.

Hey that one game out of all the ones he mentioned is not as you said, therefore nullifies everything! Scalebound and Xenoblade, both new IPs are both the games I'm most excited for from both Nintendo and Xbone.

We also don't know what Rare is working on and they'll probably have another Ori style reveal as well. No company is gonna reveal a slew of new IP at E3. Last year really wasn't so bad in that regard with Splatoon, Scalebound and Bloodborne. I also wonder if we'll see more of Quantum Break, which isn't an established franchise either.

Circinus

Interesting, so we'll have HoloLens and Morpheus. (as expected and as I predicted)

I hope Sony will continue developing and iterating on its AR glasses as well. And I hope SCE will make Morpheus compatible with PC.

I hope we see something substantial about The Division. It can't bee that far out right?

Targeted for this fall, so undoubtedly it will be one of Ubisoft's focal points, besides AC probably.

nAFcQqe.gif

I took his comment as "if I tell you, you're going to be upset that x y and z games aren't listed, regardless of how awesome the stuff is that *will* be there".

I don't want to know regardless. I like surprises and waiting until reveals. That said, leaks that hint at stuff without giving too much away is kinda fun.

Xando

I just hope MS and Sony don't try to demonstrate Holo Lens and Morpheus at their conferences. Boring as fuck to watch unless you're experiencing it by yourself.

We also don't know what Rare is working on and they'll probably have another Ori style reveal as well. No company is gonna reveal a slew of new IP at E3. Last year really wasn't so bad in that regard with Splatoon, Scalebound and Bloodborne. I also wonder if we'll see more of Quantum Break, which isn't an established franchise either.

Ok, so let's try to break it down:
Rare has at least one unannounced game, even though it might not be new IP
Lionhead is working on a new IP
Twisted Pixel is working on a new IP
I believe Team Dakota is working on a new IP
Press Play is working on a new IP

Then there are some second party partners that may be working on new IP.
Also ID@Xbox

I don't expect every studios' projects to be shown, but I expect a healthy new influx of new IP from Microsoft. The only thing I view as a negative in that Phil Spencer said they will be focusing on first party content is that we're probably not going to see any new second party collaborations like Scalebound. We also know what first party studios are working on new IP, so I don't expect to be surprised that much. Hopefully, they have at least one small ace up their sleeve.

I just hope MS and Sony don't try to demonstrate Holo Lens and Morpheus at their conferences. Boring as fuck to watch unless you're experiencing it by yourself.

Exactly this. Seeing some dude move their head around on stage is pointless and be like " oh wow this is amazing". Hopefully they spend 10 mins max on it.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I don't think so. So many conferences and potentially cool reveals. There will be disappointments no doubt, but some really good stuff as well. Some people will never be satisfied of course, but such is life.

I look at it like this. The less hype I am for E3, the more surprised I'll be when a legit shocker actually happens. Until then, E3 is going to be shit and nothing will change that, not even a surprise appearance from CBOAT himself.

Yeah, I don't know how MS and Sony can effectively present HoloLens and Morpheus during a press conference, respectively. I guess for Sony, they can possibly have each person in the audience wear a Morpheus headset, but it'll be expensive as heck to do that. Also, the audience will only be passive spectators which isn't as effective as them trying it out for themselves.

Servbot24

Banned
Yeah, I don't know how MS and Sony can effectively present HoloLens and Morpheus during a press conference, respectively. I guess for Sony, they can possibly have each person in the audience wear a Morpheus headset, but it'll be expensive as heck to do that. Also, the audience will only be passive spectators which isn't as effective as them trying it out for themselves.

All they need is a 2 minute video of people wearing it and hyping it up. Then have someone come out and say "It's coming next year with these specs and this price. try it for yourself on the floor". Then move on.

le-seb

I look at it like this. The less hype I am for E3, the more surprised I'll be when a legit shocker actually happens. Until then, E3 is going to be shit and nothing will change that, not even a surprise appearance from CBOAT himself.
Wouldn't happen until the end of May or the beginning of June, IIRC.

labaronx

I read an article on i think tech times that says morpheus outputs to tv screens as well

Linkified

TBH I hope they don't present either device during the actual conference do it on a stream on Twitch like on Tuesday afternoon.

Circinus

I don't expect every studios' projects to be shown, but I expect a healthy new influx of new IP from Microsoft. The only thing I view as a negative in that Phil Spencer said they will be focusing on first party content is that we're probably not going to see any new second party collaborations like Scalebound. We also know what first party studios are working on new IP, so I don't expect to be surprised that much. Hopefully, they have at least one small ace up their sleeve.

"Second-party" falls under fist-party as well. First-party is any game published/produced by publisher that is part of platform holder.

Ape

Banned
I wonder how many people will be first introduced to hololens? Since MS will be showing it off at E3 and I'm not 100% sure how much overlap the audience is from other consumer tech this could be the first time a lot of them see it.

VR is pointless at a press conference since no one other than the person using the headset is actually getting the intended effect. With 3D you could at least give the audience glasses. Announcing games that'll use it on the showfloor is fine, but taking up show time to specifically demo them seems like a bad move.

Circinus

VR is pointless at a press conference since no one other than the person using the headset is actually getting the intended effect. With 3D you could at least give the audience glasses. Announcing games that'll use it on the showfloor is fine, but taking up show time to specifically demo them seems like a bad move.

You can just show gameplay footage from a game that is compatible with Project Morpheus?

Whether it's live or not, doesn't really matter.

It isn't any different than when demoing regular games. The audience is also just watching and not experiencing the game themselves.

Boke1879

As far as Morpheus is concerned all Sony should just show games that are being made for it and announce a launch timeframe and price point.

Linkified

You can just show gameplay footage from a game that is compatible with Project Morpheus?

Whether it's live or not, doesn't really matter.

It isn't any different than when demoing regular games. The audience is also just watching and not experiencing the game themselves.

It kind of is though, it requires them to demo it with motion controls ... Morpheus should not be at the conference same with HoloLens with MS. Same issue.

Kyoufu

I don't get the whole "live demonstration of VR is boring" comment being thrown around by people. You can expect a lot of VR demonstrations at Sony events in the years to come and I doubt many will find the content "boring" when franchises they care about are being played.

Linkified

I don't get the whole "live demonstration of VR is boring" comment being thrown around by people. You can expect a lot of VR demonstrations at Sony events in the years to come and I doubt many will find the content "boring" when franchises they care about are being played.

Are these games gonna be played with a regular controller or motion? If motion it just turns me off the concept even more.

SDCowboy

VR being demo'd at their events is one thing. It shouldn't have much time, if any, in their presser though, IMO.

Boke1879

It's kinda boring in the fact that I can't experience what that person on stage is experiencing. I think if they do have a morpheus segment. Just announce games coming to the platform maybe updated specs, price-point and launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom