• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA holding live conf on PS4 today at Morgan Stanley tech conf [Up: Summary in OP]

Klocker

Im talking about game announcements.
Publishers refuse to announce new games, they're waiting for microsoft to make their move.

they may also not want to scavenge current gen sales yet... it is still AWFULLY early... most of us never expected a reveal until June

sony went pre-emptive

Since that Chinese rumor now appears to be true, I guess that also confirms that BF4 will be always-online. A sign of things to come for EA games?

Watch Dogs? Destiny

Im not saying they can't do it (announce platforms in stages), im saying people will probably probably prefer to wait. Ubisoft/Bungie were at the conference showing them off specifically so it made sense to do it like that but clearly not everyone wants to do the same yet.

scently

If they can get BF4 to 1080p/60fps, at launch, all the while looking better than COD, they might close the gap between the two brands considerably and maybe become the premier shooter next gen. Getting FB2 ready so early might pay dividend for EA. Suffice to say, all this depends on the graphics and performance target of the next COD on next gen hardware and obviously how good both games play.

Im talking about game announcements.
Publishers refuse to announce new games, they're waiting for microsoft to make their move.

Watch Dogs?
Watch_Dogs was announced last year, and is cross-gen.

Likewise Destiny is a cross gen title also for the 360, which we all know is coming to the Durango too.

Meanwhile, for something like Battlefield 4, perhaps EA wants to reveal their flagship titles in their own time. I don't think they want to be beholden to either MS or Sony.

Also it's harder to reveal a "gen 4" title right now without revealing the world's most obvious secret - that a new XBOX is coming this year.

THE:MILKMAN

Bare in mind people, if as in the audio they stated, they've been working on next gen titles for a year, it means they'd have had 12gb ddr3 to use with Next box (assuming 8gb final) and 2.2gb gddr5 (assuming 2gb final) with Orbis. That's partly why I fully expect the Nextbox to have better looking games at the first few reveals.

This makes no sense. Those PS4 PC dev kits also had 8GB of DDR3 as well and AFAIK, no Durango dev kit so far has the 32MB eDRAM.

Or in other words, It likely means nothing for the games on either system.

nib95 said:
None have 8gb of GDDR5 as far as I am aware

VGleaks says the January dev kit has 8GB unified RAM which I assume must be GDDR5.

I hope that was changed... Unless BF4 is MP only.

Yeah, obviously if it's multiplayer only then it's understandable that it'd be always-online. But I do expect it to have a single player more even though the original was pretty mediocre in that area.

gillFTR

If they can get BF4 to 1080p/60fps, at launch, all the while looking better than COD, they might close the gap between the two brands considerably and maybe become the premier shooter next gen. Getting FB2 ready so early might pay dividend for EA. Suffice to say, all this depends on the graphics and performance target of the next COD on next gen hardware and obviously how good both games play.

Dont forget they will be pushing the hell out of 64 player battles. Scale. Destruction.

nib95

Banned
This makes no sense. Those PS4 PC dev kits also had 8GB of DDR3 as well and AFAIK, no Durango dev kit so far has the 32MB eDRAM.

Or in other words, It likely means nothing for the games on either system.

VGleaks says the January dev kit has 8GB unified RAM which I assume must be GDDR5.

The 8gb of system ram in those dev kits is for the OS (Windows) and software/system tools as far as I am aware. Essentially a PC. Hence why the rumours are KZ SF used only 1.5gb of gddr5 (for game use they stuck to the 2.2gb of gddr5).

EDIT: It does seem the January 2013 PS4 Dev kits have 8GB of GDDR5, not 4GB.

RoKKeR

I could say something right now, but no one would believe me, and it has 10% chance of happening :-/.

28662570.jpg

Mrbob

I'll withhold info, but I may tell you. However this info only has 10 percent chance of happening. Lol, well done.

FrankT

Going to be interesting when they debut BF4 and certainly will be interesting to see if they can pull off 1080p 60fps with the next Xbox.

statham

write up from examiner
http://www.examiner.com/article/ea-...-excited-for-ps4-calls-battlefield-4-stunning

They have never been more prepaired or ready for a new console launch
Giant leap for the industry, every step and function. "Between 8 & 10 times the power of current generation."
Not limited to current generation "1080p, 60 fps, camera IQ"
All of internal software will work flawlessly.
What used to take months will now "take days" to do.
Seeing new ways to approach current IP's and new IP's.
The ability to have cross platform play, will open up new consumer base.
EA has slimmed down their lineup from 85 games to 15 core titles
Allows stream lining the backbone of game creation
Sony and Microsoft in-line for their transition will reduce cost of production
5% to 10% increase in cost of production on current games.
No pricing on retail games set, but you may see a trend of "$69.99" at start and dropping down to $59.99 similar to the beginning of the current generation.
Saving time and money in comparison to the roadmap they set up last year.
Data collected on gamers through created technology and algorithms allow them to engage the players.
Gross margin as gone from 55% in 2010 to 55-65% range currently.
Due to the transition into the digital world from boxed gaming.
Discussed the progression and advantage of the PS4 in regards to downloading games
Many more opportunities in "always on" connected gaming
The focus is always focused on the "consumer experience"
Discussion of margins in regards to digital expansion packs and the margins it drives
Doing so builds an actual community, and overall over time, more profitability
Building into all games micro-transaction: "Consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business"
Over $25 Million revenue in micro-transactions alone last quarter.
Much has been learned on infrastructure in regards to the failed iOs launch of the Simpsons.
Absence at PS4 reveal is not indicative to their status on the console.
Between now and E3 you will see a lot of stuff from EA
Thrilled with the PS4 specs - the new Battlefield is stunning

THE:MILKMAN

The 8gb of system ram in those dev kits is for the OS (Windows) and software/system tools as far as I am aware. Essentially a PC. Hence why the rumours are KZ SF used only 1.5gb of gddr5 (for game use they stuck to the 2.2gb of gddr5).

Also, regarding the January 2013 kits, I was under the impression they had only 4gb of gddr5? Could be wrong on that one.

I really don't know how the RAM would be used in the dev kits but if you're right and the Durango dev kit had 12GB then it only had 4GB DDR3 to play with! (8GB for Windows/dev tools)

I could say something right now, but no one would believe me, and it has 10% chance of happening :-/.

lol

this kind of shit is worse than announcements of announcements.

either say what you know or don't say anything, if you are wrong it won't hurt your credibility anymore than this "i know something you don't know" bs

write up from examiner
http://www.examiner.com/article/ea-...-excited-for-ps4-calls-battlefield-4-stunning

They have never been more prepaired or ready for a new console launch
Giant leap for the industry, every step and function. "Between 8 & 10 times the power of current generation."
Not limited to current generation "1080p, 60 fps, camera IQ"
All of internal software will work flawlessly.
What used to take months will now "take days" to do.
Seeing new ways to approach current IP's and new IP's.
The ability to have cross platform play, will open up new consumer base.
EA has slimmed down their lineup from 85 games to 15 core titles
Allows stream lining the backbone of game creation
Sony and Microsoft in-line for their transition will reduce cost of production
5% to 10% increase in cost of production on current games.
No pricing on retail games set, but you may see a trend of "$69.99" at start and dropping down to $59.99 similar to the beginning of the current generation.
Saving time and money in comparison to the roadmap they set up last year.
Data collected on gamers through created technology and algorithms allow them to engage the players.
Gross margin as gone from 55% in 2010 to 55-65% range currently.
Due to the transition into the digital world from boxed gaming.
Discussed the progression and advantage of the PS4 in regards to downloading games
Many more opportunities in "always on" connected gaming
The focus is always focused on the "consumer experience"
Discussion of margins in regards to digital expansion packs and the margins it drives
Doing so builds an actual community, and overall over time, more profitability
Building into all games micro-transaction: "Consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business"
Over $25 Million revenue in micro-transactions alone last quarter.
Much has been learned on infrastructure in regards to the failed iOs launch of the Simpsons.
Absence at PS4 reveal is not indicative to their status on the console.
Between now and E3 you will see a lot of stuff from EA
Thrilled with the PS4 specs - the new Battlefield is stunning

Thanks, added to OP.

Why does anyone want to hear about something that only has a 10% chance of happening. AKA it's 90% bullshit.

I'd prefer he keep it to himself.

Top Bottom