• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

East Coast Throwdown | Fighting Game Tournament | May 18-19

"Ok Chris, so you win 3-1 and then you beat Flocker in a 6-0 reset and the three of us will split the pot!"

is what Justin Wong just whispered to Chris.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
AGE Afterglows > Soundblasters
Chrisg wins the round, but Fchamp wins the battle. He has a counter to Morridoom. If he had not choke it up, he would have won 3-1.
Yeah, but now ChrisG can put in work in the lab.

Chris G will have the same mindset as a loss, because to him he did lose against F Champ.

Lulubop

I don't think that was staged, I think that's some legitimate salt.

It's an interesting idea though. If Champ's Morrigan was better and/or he wasn't choking it up that could have totally worked.

No way that was staged, though it was Champ experimenting. Stop reading the stream chat.

Dahbomb

You seriously didn't watch?! Champ's nonsense almost worked

AaiPg.gif
AaiPg.gif
AaiPg.gif

The game we play.

evolution

Champ vs Rog was staged, so that Champ could test his new tech against Chris G in a tournament situation.

Chris G adapted too fast, and Champ's Morrigan wasn't good enough, so Chris G was able to pull it out.

I dont think he adapted at all, Champ just choked

MrDaravon

Champ vs Rog was staged, so that Champ could test his new tech against Chris G in a tournament situation.

Chris G adapted too fast, and Champ's Morrigan wasn't good enough, so Chris G was able to pull it out.

Oh I agree, I meant specifically I don't think Champ losing to Chris was staged. Champ/Rog was staged as fuck, and it's blatantly obvious why now.

But yeah, Champ choked hard, that should have been at least 3-2.

AGE Afterglows > Soundblasters

Yeah, but now ChrisG can put in work in the lab.

Chris G will have the same mindset as a loss, because to him he did lose against F Champ.

Yeah it was last year ECT that it looked like Chris couldn't touch FChamp, and he came back with Hawkeye.

He'll have an answer by CEO.

FChamp isn't even using half the tech available for that team. Hell, he uses Chaotic Flame straight off of the Phoenix OTG assist instead of linking Dark Hole for another 20% of a bar. It's super unoptimized, and if he sits down and figured out all the stuff I did, ChrisG will get destroyed next time.

Stalking Flare = meter neutral with Dark Harmonizer assist.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This commentary is full of bullshit. Like there's some evolution against morrigan all of a sudden.
They're excited, let them be. Just like everyone else that complains about MorriDoom, they're just realizing it's matching Chris G's composure and nerves that is what's making people go far against him.

Let's not forget using all that meter isn't what helped him the most. FChamp was carrying most of that with an assistless Dormammu. The fear of using meter helped, but FChamp was looking like his old self because he was so damn on point mentally.

M3z_

Question to me is if Chris G felt any reason to adjust to the team. Does Chris think the traction Champ has gained is real or does he think it's a gimmick and just stick to his guns without hesitation.

El Sloth

Banned
FChamp isn't even using half the tech available for that team. Hell, he uses Chaotic Flame straight off of the Phoenix OTG assist instead of linking Dark Hole for another 20% of a bar. It's super unoptimized, and if he sits down and figured out all the stuff I did, ChrisG will get destroyed next time.

Stalking Flare = meter neutral with Dark Harmonizer assist.
Yeah, I was surprised he wasn't using more Stalking Flare.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah, I was surprised he wasn't using more Stalking Flare.
He never really got a chance to put it out there safely, Chris G was doing everything in his power to make sure Dormammu was always moving.

A few chances after liberation, but not many.

Top Bottom