• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

East Coast Throwdown | Fighting Game Tournament | May 18-19

ReiGun

FLOCKER!

iWJDpsXPQPvvy.gif

Chris G picks Magneto and sticks with him instead of Vergil, gives absolutely zero fucks even when going down 2-0, not salty after loss at all.

Staged.

Sheroking

FLOCKER WINS!!!

Best Marvel tournament in a LOOOONG time. Flocker beats ChrisG twice, Justin gave ChrisG a fight and Champ with tech that might, one day, work against Morridoom.

More hyped for CEO now.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
BS. Why didn't he run it all the way through until it stopped working like he does every other time he tries a new team permutation?

on the other hand, why would he play one team for the entire tournament and then switch at the last minute if he cared?

also, EVERYONE KNOWS when Chris is salty

did he look salty to you?

Chris didn't even care. He's already mentally in the training room figuring out a counter to Champ's tech.

Dahbomb

People are happy Zero won a major.

This game.
? This is Zero's first big major win. And Strider too as a matter of fact.

People are happy because their claims about the character are now justified by empirical data. No longer can people say "BUT ZERO HAS NEVER WON A MAJOR WITH GODS PRESENT... HE CANNOT BE THE BEST!"

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Well well well.

Should have at least went back to Vergil after the final 2-0, Magneto really didn't change much.

What a tournament.

Good shit to whoever it was on here that said Chris wouldn't win.

Zissou

BS. Why didn't he run it all the way through until it stopped working like he does every other time he tries a new team permutation?

He lost against Flocker earlier with the Vergil version, right? Mags has better options on incoming to avoid Zero bullshit on incoming and can zone Zero well if he has to.

Dahbomb

I know everyone is celebrating Flocker, Zero, Strider victories... but it was really Vergil that pulled his weight the most in this whole tournament.

Dude went on a rampage and made solo comebacks on full teams. In terms of performance and presence, this was Vergil's best tournament.

Because ChrisG scouted that Vergil has no real incoming options against Zero, Vergil and Strider. He's a sitting duck and a free character for that team. Magneto has superior options... in that one game he completely escaped Strider's XF comeback. That is something Vergil cannot do. It was a wise choice and really... this is the best stage to test out the data.

on the other hand, why would he play one team for the entire tournament and then switch at the last minute if he cared?

Good point. I'm upset now.
#teamstaged

Magneto did do well against Strider, though - at least near the start of the set. I agree with the idea that he was willing to eat the loss in order to test out Magneto in a real match.

Is Beef okay?

He can't talk right now. He's lost his smile.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Because he can't Vergil his way through Strider.

Magnetic shockwave gives him an easy way to fuck up Strider assist calls AND Magneto allows him to better deal with Zero movement.

FlyFaster

had to get into finals 1st.

Use a new character in that setting, while he's feeling the pressure and see if he can perform. I think it was a test. Like I said, the loss means nothing.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Zero and Strider win their first BIG AND REAL major in historic win.

I ain't even mad I gotta shell out the $20.

Zero supplants his position as best character in the game. Period. Full stop.

1 major win = best character in the game? I guess that makes Vergil the best fighting game character to ever exist.

Top Bottom