• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we had any guesses on what the Retrospective coming before the end of the year that Brandon teased will be? I'm guessing it won't be a long running series like CoD, Battlefield or Pokemon, since those would take way too much time. Maybe Ico/SotC?

Burt

Yogalla is going to read that scroll and become that final boss that replaces the guy you thought was the final boss

and red dragon hellfire and magic missles and Moof corpses will rain across the land

I wonder if they're going to notice Pomper has the green wizard's staff. Allen & Co. are probably dead.

You know I fell out of tabletop 5 episodes in and feel like I would have to start over if I wanted to jump in

I envy you being able to have so much Tabletop to watch while Ben is in Japan.

What the hell was the betting system even? I play Kingdom Hearts and I don't even know what the fuck that was. I appreciate the winner since it led to loud hilarious wrestling promos though.

Wagram

Final Fantasy XV is definitely going to be the game that exemplifies standard vs. pro. It's going to be a disaster on the forums.

Karu

Brandon with that HUGE cringe when Huber was talking about Playstation Pro segregating the userbase.

Great podcast. I was a little bit disappointed in the "Is Microsoft the real innovater?"-question as it was really light on context. Could have used a bit more explanation + examples. Thus the following discussion was a bit all over the place.

The 6 or 8 game was fantastic tho.

Ray Down

Banned
Brandon with that HUGE cringe when Huber was talking about Playstation Pro segregating the userbase.

Great podcast. I was a little bit disappointed in the "Is Microsoft the real innovater?"-question as it was really light on context. Could have used a bit more explanation + examples. Thus the following discussion was a bit all over the place.

Yeah that whole line of thought is dumb.

Szeth

I really hope next year they go back to Bosman vs Huber for the betting specials. Brad vs Huber being a one off is fine and I'm sure it'll be great (Brad was easily the best alternative to Kyle, anyone else and the bets would have completely lost the magic imo), but these very rare big events are meant to be Bosman vs Huber. We'll have only gotten 1 this year and that kinda sucks. You just can't replicate what those two together brings to a video.

That was my entry :)

I was so happy that Huber was holding his save cause I had Resident Evil 3 in the list but Bosman didnt mention it and instead went Lollipop Chainsaw.... Bosman again messes with Huber,

trejo

Is NieR: Automata playable at TGS? Cause if so I really hope Ben's able to check it out if he gets the chance. Probably my most anticipated game of early next year.

This Tabletop episode was so fun. There's been a streak of excellent episodes since they left the initial dungeon. TTA had some poor episodes where they argued over rules or just got bogged down. TTE has been consistently excellent and ridiculously funny :)

Hasney

This Tabletop episode was so fun. There's been a streak of excellent episodes since they left the initial dungeon. TTA had some poor episodes where they argued over rules or just got bogged down. TTE has been consistently excellent and ridiculously funny :)

Yeah, I think Ian is more used to the restrictions of D&D and his character works well, as he was the one trying to almost "glitch" things in a way and argue for it. We had a glimpse of it when he couldn't contact his familiar, but the doors going through to other planes of existence worked.

DKHF

Is NieR: Automata playable at TGS? Cause if so I really hope Ben's able to check it out if he gets the chance. Probably my most anticipated game of early next year.
It's not for the public. But it may be playable behind closed doors for press like it was at Gamescom, not sure though.

Yeah the Microsoft question was really weird because what have Microsoft even innovated on at all this gen? Limited backwards compatibility and controller redesigns?

Regardless, great podcast this week. I really enjoyed the PS4P discussion.

Servbot24

Banned
Yeah the Microsoft question was really weird because what have Microsoft even innovated on at all this gen? Limited backwards compatibility and controller redesigns?

Regardless, great podcast this week. I really enjoyed the PS4P discussion.
I think people are are already crowning Scorpio. Other than that I can't think of anything.

AlucardGV

Banned
Wow Easy Allies liking that whole Death Standing bit is wow...that whole thing was dog shit.

yeah i don't get this
we have nothing, just a trailer and kojima saying some strage things on stage, admitting they still have not started developing it and you put it before other games?

Maiar_m

yeah i don't get this
we have nothing, just a trailer and kojima saying some strage things on stage, admitting they still have not started developing it and you put it before other games?

It's Kojima. Just him being here saying he is doing something, regardless of what this something is, well that is enough to hype Kojima fans. And they're all very much Kojima fans.

I can understand somewhat, them being passionate is part of the fun, but it's a bit jarring to me when put in the "journalism" light. I just have to remind myself not to listen to Easy A as a team of videogame journalists, but as a jolly bunch of well-connected gaming fans most of the times. Their reviews and more thought-out pieces do turn the table around well enough, it's just not the majority of their current output.

I mean, when I hear them going on "media blackouts", you know there's some part of the journalism workflow that's just not being applied, and it's simply not important at the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom