• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN's 12 Deals of Christmas 2013 starts on Dec. 1st

Tizoc

Updating first post with links to the deals. I'll quote the post that states Spelunky is cross-buy.

gogogow

It used to be cross-buy both ways, but looking at Spelunky now on the SEN website on the Vita version it says "Compatible with PS Vita only". Maybe they've ended the cross-buy compatability like Playdead did recently with Limbo?

I don't think that means anything. Sony are just doing a bad job making it clear whether it's crossbuy or not. It's the same with Hotline Miami, Guacamelee etc. It doesn't mention anything about crossuby on the SEN website. How hard is it to put a crossbuy icon on the page when a game supports it.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Spelunky deal is live on psn! game get (for the second time! :))

web01

I don't think that means anything. Sony are just doing a bad job making it clear whether it's crossbuy or not. It's the same with Hotline Miami, Guacamelee etc. It doesn't mention anything about crossuby on the SEN website. How hard is it to put a crossbuy icon on the page when a game supports it.

The people running the ps store in europe are incompetent.
Every week there are problems with missing items, wrong prices and incorrectly catalogued/sorted DLC items and games. If I was a publisher I would be pissed my DLC doesnt show up unless you search for it specifically.

flowsnake

The people running the ps store in europe are incompetent.
Every week there are problems with missing items, wrong prices and incorrectly catalogued/sorted DLC items and games. If I was a publisher I would be pissed my DLC doesnt show up unless you search for it specifically.

According to the store, there's a PS3 version of Dokuro but not Vita, which is backwards.

Got Tokyo Jungle, Journey and The Unfinished Swan last year, all at 50% off. That was pretty nice.

I regret missing those deals last year. Hope those three games go on sale again.

Tempted by Spelunky because everyone here says how great it is but I think I'll just find it frustrating.

RpgN

Just bought Spleunky and can confirm that I have the PS3 version also. Good times.

I forgot it was cross-buy *very pleased*

Playing the demo a second time with the discounted price in mind, it made me appreciate the game more for what it is instead of what it should be *bought*

At least this Christmas sale delivered on one game *happy*

RpgN

What's in the demo anyway? Does it end after a certain point or something?

The demo lets you try out different tutorials and then it lets you play the main game for a while until you can't progress anymore and it tells you to purchase the full game. The demo was very good at giving you a feel to the gameplay and what you can expect of the full game.

Number45

Bought Diablo 3 at full PSN price and don't regret it at all (well... maybe a little, I never pay full price for games). Great deal, as is Spelunky.

Tempted by Spelunky because everyone here says how great it is but I think I'll just find it frustrating.
It is hard, but the gameplay is so tight and the restarts are so quick that you'll find yourself saying "one more go" for way longer than you expected. I suck at it, but can't stop playing.

Romez

Dammit always intended to buy Spelunky just not now. This has forced my hand, if there are more deals like this i could be looking at spending more than i wanted.

How weird that it doesn't say ANYWHERE that Spelunky is cross-buy, yet it is. I would've been fine with paying that price for the Vita ver alone. :D

I'm very tempted to buy Spelunky...just one question, do you have unlimited time to clear the levels?

I hate games where you have to beat a clock...

RpgN

I'm very tempted to buy Spelunky...just one question, do you have unlimited time to clear the levels?

Based on what I've played of the full version, yes you have unlimited time to clear the levels.

I must suck at this game because I've been dying so often D: Still though, there is something addictive about it.

Based on what I've played of the full version, yes you have unlimited time to clear the levels.

I must suck at this game because I've been dying so often D: Still though, there is something addictive about it.

thanks for the quick reply :)

flowsnake

It has a "soft" clock. When you spend too long in a stage, a ghost appears. The ghost can't be killed and kills you instantly if you touch it. If you're good at the game you can avoid it, but you are definitely under pressure.

I had to get the full version, I got hooked on the demo when it first released on 360.

Looking forward to getting really stuck in!

flowsnake

So Spelunky on PS3 is 720p only? That's not great, but I probably won't play there anyway, unless I play some multiplayer.

RpgN

thanks for the quick reply :)

You're welcome. But yeah, it does seem to have something else that's a bit similar. But the ghost didn't pop-up often.

It has a "soft" clock. When you spend too long in a stage, a ghost appears. The ghost can't be killed and kills you instantly if you touch it. If you're good at the game you can avoid it, but you are definitely under pressure.

Just noticed this.

You're welcome. But yeah, it does seem to have something else that's a bit similar. But the ghost didn't pop-up often.

Just noticed this.

The ghost appears in every level if you've not finished it within 150 seconds, so effectively there's always a time limit. You can continue to run around after it appears but depending on the level layout it can be very hard to avoid, and I believe it it flies over buried treasure it increases the value of said treasure, so there's a risk/reward thing when it does show up. However, if there wasn't some kind of time limit it would make the pace of the game too leisurely, and it would make getting all goodies in each area too easy.

Today's PS3 offer is F1 2013 I think - got an advert from Sony Network which redirects to the PlayStation Store 12 Days Sale, but it's still got the old offers.

Dambrosi

Banned
Just had a look at Spelunky on the SEN website, but it doesn't apply my PS+ discount, even though I'm on PS+. Tested it with Sine Mora PS3, PS+ dizzy worked. Weird.

It's kinda making me not want the game on PS3. How odd is that?

FDC1

Today's PS3 offer is F1 2013 I think - got an advert from Sony Network which redirects to the PlayStation Store 12 Days Sale, but it's still got the old offers.

You're right, using the search engine on the webstore, this offer is up. It's 19,99€ (-10% for PS+ users).

No, we need to find the Vita game :)

Number45

So when are they going to show us the deals that "people have been requesting"?

EDIT: ^^ Yes, 'twas PS+ a few months back.

Top Bottom