• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 IOT2I - The GODS have fallen - Final day July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rules or not, I have no respect for any player that takes a win due to unforeseen circumstance. It sucks it happened, but that was bullshit. High tension or not, that doesn't seem right and that technicality can screw legit winners over.

The evo rules state explicitly that you have to take the round, the player has no say in it

Rules or not, I have no respect for any player that takes a win due to unforeseen circumstance. It sucks it happened, but that was bullshit. High tension or not, that doesn't seem right and that technicality can screw legit winners over.

evo forces that to avoid drama.

Subaru

Why people hates Marvel champion?

From a spectator perspective, it was awesome to see someone winning without the SAME OLD SHIT (Doctor Doom, Magneto, Vergil, Dante and fucking Zero).

Unlucky

What other choice did he have, if the judges decreed it?

kitzkozan

peak viewers?

well i hope sf4 is second to last game at evo 2016

I don't know about that one, although people are coming around USFIV for some reason which I can't explain. I don't know if it's because the other Capcom game is slowly dying and SFxT bombed or if it's the SFV hype, but when was the last time that SFIV brought in the most viewers? It might be in 2010, before Marvel 3 started appearing at EVO?

USFIV leading to SFV would feel like such an overkill, especially since we should see many of the usual faces in each game lol. I'm sure Infiltration will be an absolute beast in SFV and should be able to make top 8 in both title.

Josh5890

I could see SF5 getting delayed past EVO next year. SF4 was delayed 5 months or so when it came to its' console release.

Well besides whatever they are cooking with Monster Hunter, does Capcom have anything big on their plate right now? SF 5 is their golden goose (not to mention Sony has a vesting interest in the game's release). Capcom is going to throw as many resources as necessary to get the game out on time.

Schryver

Only watched the last few Ultra matches but wow that was fun. Always get hyped to actually play fighting games after watching EVO but I'm so bad at them

Swarna

The player has no say in it. He's forced to take it by Capcom rules.

This was precisely to avoid the dilemma of "damned if you do, damned if you don't".

Seyavesh

From a spectator perspective, it was awesome to see someone winning without the SAME OLD SHIT (Doctor Doom, Magneto, Vergil, Dante and fucking Zero).

they are dumb, kbr was in place to win it and he fucking destroyed everyone
he absolutely was the person in the right mindset with the right skillset to win over everyone else today.

solid play and hard reads all fucking day, he was head and shoulders above everyone he played today

also since i just got back from a watching party i will try to summarize:

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS EVO HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS EVO AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Kumo

Why is this his fault again? He had every right to take the win there. Hell, other players would have probably argued for the match instead.

I think most people are cool with KBR winning. Dude was great and outplayed everyone.

kasane

Why is this his fault again? He had every right to take the win there. Hell, other players would have probably argued for the match instead.

fchamp would have killed him in a way to get maximum bar and then argue that he should win by default when he loses the final round

Kappa

What an amazing tournament and a wonderful first Evo to attend. I got to meet so many wonderful GAFers and share great memories. It was more than I imagined and I'd encourage everyone to try to attend.

For now, I'm gonna relax in my Ballys jacuzzi and try to recover. Until next year!

TBH KBR winning was just a mixture of luck of the draw and playing good. I don't think anybody will say KBR is the best player. Just the luck of the draw of brackets and him playing solid while people he played fucking up. Evo was just his tournament.

LordJim

TBH KBR winning was just a mixture of luck of the draw and playing good. I don't think anybody will say KBR is the best player. Just the luck of the draw of brackets and him playing solid while people he played fucking up. Evo was just his tournament.

Luck of the draw included him having to beat Justin Wong

Luck of the draw included him having to beat Justin Wong

yeah, nobody is saying he is bad.
edit
bracket placing play a huge role in tournament results. Of course he will have to run into killers and not only that, he was in winners. He always has solid skills but his team and playstyle limit his play.

KingBroly

Banned
Well besides whatever they are cooking with Monster Hunter, does Capcom have anything big on their plate right now? SF 5 is their golden goose (not to mention Sony has a vesting interest in the game's release). Capcom is going to throw as many resources as necessary to get the game out on time.

SF5 cannot have the same type of launch USF4 on PS4 had. That would be DISASTROUS. Given how many games this generation have had problems at launch, SF5 stumbling out of the gate would be bad for their plans for it.

Also, Capcom is probably knee deep in Resident Evil 7 at the moment, although I don't know why it hasn't been announced yet.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
People don't hate KBR. He along with Gamerbee are some of the most well liked in the community.

KBR is the king of grinding and getting better at the game he plays. He sold all his things just to travel and compete in tournaments. People have that one thing in life they want more than anything and he just got his.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom