• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 IOT2I - The GODS have fallen - Final day July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPanic

Rules or not, I have no respect for any player that takes a win due to unforeseen circumstance. It sucks it happened, but that was bullshit. High tension or not, that doesn't seem right and that technicality can screw legit winners over.

Not agreeing with you. Not only is it your responsibility to take good equipment to your match, I'm also of opinion GB should've filled his super bar by killing him normally as he basically gimped himself by taking the amount of meter he had during a equipment break from his opponent in the round before.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
KBR fucked Wong up and so many others. His win is well deserved.

Also, I 100% expect SFV to come out 2 months + before Evo. :)

LiK

Not agreeing with you. Not only is it your responsibility to take good equipment to your match, I'm also of opinion GB should've filled his super bar by killing him normally as he basically gimped himself by taking the amount of meter he had during a equipment break from his opponent in the round before.

I agree.

TheRetroKid

Neo Member
Rules or not, I have no respect for any player that takes a win due to unforeseen circumstance. It sucks it happened, but that was bullshit. High tension or not, that doesn't seem right and that technicality can screw legit winners over.

spoken like someone who's clearly never entered a fighting game tournament before. ever.

TBH KBR winning was just a mixture of luck of the draw and playing good. I don't think anybody will say KBR is the best player. Just the luck of the draw of brackets and him playing solid while people he played fucking up. Evo was just his tournament.
The man beat Justin Wong, the previous Evo champion. The only "luck" he might have had is not facing Morrigan/Doom. Anything else, his team can 100% handle.

Westlo

USFIV leading to SFV would feel like such an overkill, especially since we should see many of the usual faces in each game lol. I'm sure Infiltration will be an absolute beast in SFV and should be able to make top 8 in both title.

Just put Melee in between them.... like a 3 hour gap....

9AM - Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR or Blazblue Central Fiction or Tekken 7
11AM - UMVC3 or MKXX
1PM - USFIV
3PM - Melee
6PM - SFV

Josh5890

SF5 cannot have the same type of launch USF4 on PS4 had. That would be DISASTROUS. Given how many games this generation have had problems at launch, SF5 stumbling out of the gate would be bad for their plans for it.

Also, Capcom is probably knee deep in Resident Evil 7 at the moment, although I don't know why it hasn't been announced yet.

I have never played Resident Evil but after the reaction to RE:6 I'd imagine they are taking their time with 7, if there is one coming up.

At the moment I see Capcom as a step above Konami (and that isn't a good thing)

Talonz

Gamer taking a round was fine there. Razor and their random build quality is to blame to be honest. I honestly felt bad for Momochi there and if he lost because of Razor can you imagine?

On another aside I wonder if Ono watched and saw Elena healing like that and thought that was anything but a scam. That was really absurd how quickly she can build "heal" meter. It's too the point which I think Elena should be banned from tournament play.

If anyone should be mad it's Infiltration because he beat Gamer no less than six times?

KBR fucked Wong up and so many others. His win is well deserved.

Also, I 100% expect SFV to come out 2 months + before Evo. :)

yeah nobody is denying that. He is very good and the opening gambit is very scary for people overall. He deserved that win but people are making it seem like KBR is better than justin wong, fchamp and others overall.

The man beat Justin Wong, the previous Evo champion. The only "luck" he might have had is not facing Morrigan/Doom. Anything else, his team can 100% handle.

Yeah he played well. But you can't deny bracket placing does not influence tournaments.

taking out the favorite means nothing

he didn't beat Chris G, F Champ, Wong and Clockw0rk simultaneously so he gets an asterisk

I'm not even saying that. But good job putting words in my mouth. I was just explaining that bracket placing affects all tournaments. Winning one tournament does not mean you are the best in the world. If Gamerbee won EVO is he suddenly the best SF4 player? No, of course not.

mcw

Hey, guys... Hoping for your perspective:

Man, I loved watching Evo this weekend. Being there would undoubtedly be even better. Seems like there's a communal love about these games and about this event that you can't get anywhere else.

Or can you? League of Legends, Dota 2, StarCraft have the biggest tournaments in gaming. I can't get into these games, so I don't have the same perspective on those tournaments that I do on Evo.

Is the community and passion surrounding fighting game tournaments special, unique, unlike anything elsewhere in gaming? Or do the League, et al events offer the same kind of magic for that audience? Curious to hear from anyone that loves both kinds of games.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

11AM - UMVC3 or MKXX
1PM - USFIV
3PM - Melee
6PM - SFV

This seems like the best solution though it would make people mad. I doubt anything they do to give SF5 a slot will make everyone happy either way though.

Omega

Banned

taking out the favorite means nothing

he didn't beat Chris G, F Champ, Wong and Clockw0rk simultaneously so he gets an asterisk

Josh5890

11AM - UMVC3 or MKXX
1PM - USFIV
3PM - Melee
6PM - SFV

That is a lot of Capcom for one day, even if they own a large share of the fighting game universe.

LiK

11AM - UMVC3 or MKXX
1PM - USFIV
3PM - Melee
6PM - SFV

Gawd I hope they use a better capture device for Melee next year. Was super ugly compared to last year, iirc.

KingBroly

Banned
I have never played Resident Evil but after the reaction to RE:6 I'd imagine they are taking their time with 7, if there is one coming up.

At the moment I see Capcom as a step above Konami (and that isn't a good thing)

I'm not disagreeing, since Capcom decided funding Lost Planet 3 was a better idea than funding SF5 was LP2 bombed to hell and back.

Wagram

spoken like someone who's clearly never entered a fighting game tournament before. ever.

I haven't and I never will. These folks have way more skill than I could ever hope to achieve. However, I can speak as an observer and from my own mentality. That rule doesn't seem right. What if it was one and one and he lost simply because of a stick malfunctioning? I would rather lose to someone more skilled than I rather than take a cheap win due to some bullshit technicality. I would have told that judge to eat a
dick
, and if I lost then I went down trying.

OceanBlue

Guys, I get excited when things trend on twitter too, but please note

https://support.twitter.com/articles/101125-faqs-about-trends-on-twitter
What is trending on your twitter homepage is not necessarily trending for others. It does not mean anyone/anything is famous outside FGC twitter.

I have my trends set to a location so it's fine.
aSqY828.jpg

mbpm1

I haven't and I never will. These folks have way more skill than I could ever hope to achieve. However, I can speak as an observer and from my own mentality. That rule doesn't seem right. What if it was one and one and he lost simply because of a stick malfunctioning? I would rather lose to someone more skilled than I rather than take a cheap win due to some bullshit technicality. I would have told that judge to eat a
dick
, and if I lost then I went down trying.

Congratulations on your honour to nothing important I guess.

So stick with qanba and hori? Cool, I've never had an arcade stick so I'll look into those two

You get different opinions on who you ask. I've been playing fighting games for 20+ year and took it serious for at least 15. MCZ TE have been the best and most consistent for me.

Just test out all and see what fits you best.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hey, guys... Hoping for your perspective:

Man, I loved watching Evo this weekend. Being there would undoubtedly be even better. Seems like there's a communal love about these games and about this event that you can't get anywhere else.

Or can you? League of Legends, Dota 2, StarCraft have the biggest tournaments in gaming. I can't get into these games, so I don't have the same perspective on those tournaments that I do on Evo.

Is the community and passion surrounding fighting game tournaments special, unique, unlike anything elsewhere in gaming? Or do the League, et al events offer the same kind of magic for that audience? Curious to hear from anyone that loves both kinds of games.

I personally do not like the manufactured and monotone feel of Esports competitive tournaments. The presentation is usually top notch but the commentary and raw emotions the players displays is not on the same level as FGC tournaments.

I'm going to be so dead at work. Going to need like a six pack of monster or something to keep me awake.

Tripon

Sigh. Here comes people not understanding the situation:

9b14aa9657.gif

This is the moment of the disconnection. Yes, Momochi had a slight life lead. However if you read what was currently happening, they are moving towards Momochi's corner. Gamerbee was bearing down on him with st.RH while Momochi is playing footsies and backing up not wanting to commit to anything crazy. It's probably at this point that Gamerbee is putting Momochi right where he wants him and boom disconnection. Add this on top of the fact that Gamerbee had to fight out of his mind in LOsers to get to this point and a disconnection? It completely fucked him who was already more exhausted and tired mentally from the long set with Infiltration. I wholeheartedly believe that Gamerbee was going to win. The people who like Momochi are just going to say that Gamerbee fucked himself after the disconnection and that it's his fault he didn't win.

...are you serious with this?

Imm0rt4l

yeah, nobody is saying he is bad.
edit
bracket placing play a huge role in tournament results. Of course he will have to run into killers and not only that, he was in winners. He always has solid skills but his team and playstyle limit his play.
This could be said for anyone. Luck plays a factor.

105.Will

USF4's last few matches kinda left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Between the 30 minute long Gamerbee Infiltration match than to the stick malfunction, idk maybe ill feel different tomorrow morning.

This could be said for anyone. Luck plays a factor.

exactly. I said it affects everybody. The only thing that determines top tier players are consistent tournament results. KBR has shown that he is a consistent top 8 player. Nobody is denying this. The thing is people are making it seem like KBR is suddenly better than justin wong.

LiK

I personally do not like the manufactured and monotone feel of Esports competitive tournaments. The presentation is usually top notch but the commentary and raw emotions the players displays is not on the same level as FGC tournaments.

I agree, those feel like they were created by companies rather than the communities. also, MOBAs are boring as fuck to watch. SC2 is more tolerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom