• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

Tripon

That guy who won the ARMS E3 invitional is going to EVO. Seems he's a GG player.

https://twitter.com/B33ZERK/status/885624609432780801

DEpe4P6VoAE_B1s.jpg

Look what came in the mail right before I left for EVO! Thanks to Mr. Ishikawa and @NintendoVS @NintendoAmerica @yabukikosuke #ARMS

Also, this hot take about EVO.

XpMssVV.png

mbpm1

If Mika's too lewd for ESPN I can't imagine the lengths they'll have to go through to make this game tame enough for the Toon Disney channel.

Remember, there's a bug to make the characters become dark silhouettes with no features

All top 8 will be in ventablack

In!

Saw Xavier Woods when I was picking up my badge, he has Knee in his Tekken bracket lmao.

Didn't get a photo though, I chickened out and needed to get to judges training.

Hitting up Blue Man Group tonight!

Dubz

Why do we have half the turnout for SFV? Bad game, or bad work by the Evo team?

Im pumped to see SFV myself.

Neoxon

Why do we have half the turnout for SFV? Bad game, or bad work by the Evo team?

Im pumped to see SFV myself.
Probably a mix of animosity towards Season 2 & the higher price tag for EVO tickets due to the more expensive venue. The latter seems to have fucked everyone (but Tekken 7) up.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Aris got more skinny, he knows how to treat women better, he's making a lot more money. Now is the time Kayo,

Line_HTX

They got half the turnout because there's absolutely no way in hell they would get 5,000 entrants again with Season 2.

Besides, it's a very good sign that only Tekken 7 got a huge boost and is a more spectator hype viewing game.

They got half the turnout because there's absolutely no way in hell they would get 5,000 entrants again with Season 2.

Besides, it's a very good sign that only Tekken 7 got a huge boost and is a more spectator hype viewing game.

Yea, to be fair to SF5, it seems that it is just stabilizing back from an outlier year, because SF5 has more entrants than USF4 (IIRC around 2200 at its peak, SF5 is around 2600 this year). Last year was pretty much a lightning strike in terms of attendance size. Even though it is a slight growth compared to 2 years ago, I wonder if Evo will finally find a year without growth in 2018 (excluding 2016 being the outlier).

Neoxon

Yea, to be fair to SF5, it seems that it is just stabilizing back from an outlier year, because SF5 has more entrants than USF4 (IIRC around 2200 at its peak, SF5 is around 2600 this year). Last year was pretty much a lightning strike in terms of attendance size. Even though it is a slight growth compared to 2 years ago, I wonder if Evo will finally find a year without growth in 2018.
I feel like it'll depend on what changes Season 3 will bring to the table & the price tag for EVO entry next year.

Nice. Saw some of my Hawaii FGC friends posting pictures from there. Looked like a fun time lol

Hawaii FGC crew rents out a suite for Evo and lots of folks show up. The Korean and Japanese contingent show up every year now.

First few years it was relatively quiet but through a lot introductions, it's gotten popping. I watched Evo finals with Smug and Poongko up there last year, it was way more fun as a result lol.
Yoooo there's a Hawaii fgc?? Is there a Facebook or Twitter or something?

Dahbomb

balrog in top 8 would be zzz
Hell no.

It will be hype as hell because it will be an American doing work with Balrog. People will get clench their fists whenever Balrog lands a combo on a foreigner. It's the ultimate release of pent up frustration from getting whooped by foreigners in the game.

Every time a Balrog activates V-Trigger... USA gets stronger.

Producer

Hell no.

It will be hype as hell because it will be an American doing work with Balrog. People will get clench their fists whenever Balrog lands a combo on a foreigner. It's the ultimate release of pent up frustration from getting whooped by foreigners in the game.

Every time a Balrog activates V-Trigger... USA gets stronger.

I see that..but im just remembering brian f whooping sako and im like nahhh

Top Bottom