• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

Pachinko

Man, this time last year I was scarfing down Vegas In N Out burger while prepping for Evo 2016... feels odd to not be there. Maybe next year I'll head back...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the weekend of the toppest of top 8's. Hopefully SFV has some nice variety compared to last year. I actually left the main hall and bought a snack during one of the 1700 chun mirror matches. LI Joe was some great viewing material though. I hope this year brings more surprises like that.

JeTmAn81

He's not attending Evo and, probably, other tournaments until at least the fall if not next year I think.

What's the deal with that? You'd think he'd want to be there to close out UMVC3. Hasn't been a grand finals without him since 2014.

Smo21

Man, this time last year I was scarfing down Vegas In N Out burger while prepping for Evo 2016... feels odd to not be there. Maybe next year I'll head back...

How do I walk to the inn and out near the strip. It's on the other end of the highway!

ScribbleD

SF Twitter just tweeted:

Unfortunately, we had to cancel our panel at Evo but wanted to let fans know we still have several announcements planned for this weekend.

Wtf? First SNK, now the SF panel.

Edit: Beaten, beaten, and beaten again.

BadWolf

SF Twitter just tweeted:

Wtf? First SNK, now the SF panel.

Edit: Beaten, beaten, and beaten again.

Nah, SNK's individual listing was a mistake.

They will be showing up on Arcsys's stream tomorrow, KOFXIV's producer Oda and battle director Watanabe will both be there.

Neoxon

What's going on with the panel cancelations (between SNK & Capcom)? I mean, at least Capcom's gonna do their panel reveals regardless, but still.

Pompadour

Oh man... Capcom, WHAT IS YOU DOIN'...

Edit: Wait, SNK also canceled? What the hell is going on?

Capcom Vs. SNK 3, obviously.

My guess is Capcom just wants to announce what it wants to announce and not get shit on during the entire Q&A portion of the panel.

BadWolf

Edit: Wait, SNK also canceled? What the hell is going on?

What's going on with the panel cancelations (between SNK & Capcom)? I mean, at least Capcom's gonna do their panel reveals regardless, but still.

SNK didn't cancel. Their individual listing was a mistake.

XIV's producer Oda and battle director Watanabe were supposed to be, and will be, on Arcsys's stream tomorrow.

Pompadour

By that logic, they would have also cancelled their SDCC panels.

I think Evo and SDCC probably have different crowds. And I imagine they probably don't got much choice if Marvel tells them they're doing a panel at SDCC. SFV announcements are a different thing.

Neoxon

I think Evo and SDCC probably have different crowds. And I imagine they probably don't got much choice if Marvel tells them they're doing a panel at SDCC. SFV announcements are a different thing.
There's a Street Fighter panel at SDCC as well, & that's still going.

Shouta

What's the deal with that? You'd think he'd want to be there to close out UMVC3. Hasn't been a grand finals without him since 2014.

He had a long thing about it on Twitter or Facebook, as I recall. Basically, Marvel 3 right now isn't in a place where it makes sense for him to travel from tournament to tournament. Infinite is coming and everything is winding down so spending his money now isn't a smart idea for him. He's taking the long view on this because LatAm players don't get many opportunities. So he needs to maximize what he has and what he gets.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

3CA3Nik.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Isn't drinking on streams a no no?

Current EVO related streams. Jiyuna and Gamerbee. Shinobee keeping the thirsty phucbois entertained in the former and Gamebee is in some casuals room or something in the latter.

Top Bottom