• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ex-GameTrailers staff announce new project EasyAllies

Luigiv

"Have a good time dude"

He's going to be positive about it, unless Nintendo screws up very very badly. If that happens we'll have Darth Bosman... with his dark apprentice Axass following him.

That's exactly why it's the question. Never count Nintendo out on doing something completely boneheaded.

farisr

Wow, when I went to sleep they were at $2k.
Remember that over the next 6-12 months, that funding will slowly reduce due to people backing out/no longer being able to afford it.
Hopefully their audience keeps growing and more people will join in for the patreon to counteract the reduction.

Unless they manage to get on the dog and bone with someone at Amazon ASAP, they're going to miss a ton of revenue from this 12 hour Twitch stream. No partnership, no subscribers.

Also (if anyone useful reads this) - set up a Streamtip (like Kinda Funny), or use TwitchAlerts (like nearly everyone else). Great to encourage donations during a stream. As of right now, there is no way to donate through Twitch.

Wow, when I went to sleep they were at $2k.Hopefully their audience keeps growing and more people will join in for the patreon to counteract the reduction.

At which point hopefully the website/their choice of content providing can generate enough revenue through advertising and such

Hasney

What an awful name.

Are you just posting your thoughts as you typed in your username to login?

6ITDkIH.gif

Absolut

Neo Member
Very happy to see these guys together again! E3 wouldn't have been the same without them and I'm glad reviews are (soon) back as well! I think 20k will be passed.

I know the amount will drop but if they are able to hover over 10k it includes all that I dreamed of and more (HH, podcast(S!!), Manups, TTA). Reviews would be nice but I think the second podcast would kinda take over them for me to just hear their casual opinions on current games.

Bluenoser

Any way to see what the past goals and future goals are? I can only see the current goal of doing reviews.

Supported by the way, love the content from these guys.

sora87

So the streams are gonna be from each person's house I imagine? Like they pass around the twitch account.
I need Ben to go to Brad's so they can talk about JRPGs, especially Trails of Cold Steel.

styl3s

Any way to see what the past goals and future goals are? I can only see the current goal of doing reviews.

Supported by the way, love the content from these guys.
Subscriber Song - $200 per month
The New Couch - $800 per month
Production Equipment - $1,000 per month
A Respectable Gaming PC - $2,000 per month
Mike Huber’s New Show - $4,000 per month
The Return of our D & D Adventure - $6,000 per month
Ian Hinck’s New Show - $8,000 per month
A Second Podcast - $10,000 per month
Reviews Reborn - $15,000 per month
Michael Damiani’s New Show - $20,000 per month
The Return of Retrospectives - $30,000 per month
A New Studio - $50,000 per month

wapplew

So, if they reach the goal first month, what happen when they lost sub next month and miss the goal? They cancel the show next month?

Bluenoser

Log out and view the page

Subscriber Song - $200 per month
The New Couch - $800 per month
Production Equipment - $1,000 per month
A Respectable Gaming PC - $2,000 per month
Mike Huber’s New Show - $4,000 per month
The Return of our D & D Adventure - $6,000 per month
Ian Hinck’s New Show - $8,000 per month
A Second Podcast - $10,000 per month
Reviews Reborn - $15,000 per month
Michael Damiani’s New Show - $20,000 per month
The Return of Retrospectives - $30,000 per month
A New Studio - $50,000 per month

Thank you!

Don't have to say how dumb it is that you can't see the info when you are logged in. Website design 101.

Unless they manage to get on the dog and bone with someone at Amazon ASAP, they're going to miss a ton of revenue from this 12 hour Twitch stream. No partnership, no subscribers.

Also (if anyone useful reads this) - set up a Streamtip (like Kinda Funny), or use TwitchAlerts (like nearly everyone else). Great to encourage donations during a stream. As of right now, there is no way to donate through Twitch.
I agree. Although I know they've been resistant to it in the past. I plan on pestering them about it now they're not with defy. Those donations with alerts can generate a lot of money. Hell last week someone donated $1k on Max's stream!

I agree. Although I know they've been resistant to it in the past. I plan on pestering them about it now they're not with defy. Those donations with alerts can generate a lot of money. Hell last week someone donated $1k on Max's stream!
I just recognized your name and wanted to thank you for all the GT uploads on youtube :)

It really is vital. Donations through Twitch can be the difference between struggling along from week to week, and viability. If people want to donate, make it easy for them!

Naythan

I wouldn't mind it.

I think it would be good for them overall if the continuation of their most popular show was based in their channel and didn't split views with another channel. However, if he wants to start his own brand, then it is the right move.

Vinc

They probably need well above 50k a month to do it full time. It would be so damn cool (and well worth it) if we could make it happen. If anyone who isn't a fan of their content is reading this, give them a shot, watch a few episodes of their recent shows and see how good they are. A lot of people probably think it still feels weird to pay for video game coverage online, but these guys are well worth it. It's really something special.

Harknesss2245

Neo Member
I just pledged (first one ever). I'm super happy to hear the team is coming back together. I didn't know how much I missed their shows until I saw this video.

sora87

They probably need well above 50k a month to do it full time. It would be so damn cool (and well worth it) if we could make it happen. If anyone who isn't a fan of their content is reading this, give them a shot, watch a few episodes of their recent shows and see how good they are. A lot of people probably think it still feels weird to pay for video game coverage online, but these guys are well worth it. It's really something special.

People better get used to it because it's all gonna go this way

Top Bottom