• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EXtas1s: Xbox Showcase to have the first teaser for Xbox Portable

Draugoth

Gold Member
Take it as a rumor since there's no other indication an Xbox Portable will be revealed.

EXtas1s Says he can confirm that one of the Xbox first-party titles everyone expects to see (like Flight Simulator, Avowed, Diablo DLC, Starfield DLC, Towerborne, etc.) will be a shadow drop at the event. While he knows which one it is, he's not revealing it. I'm guessing it's Towerborne, but we'll see.

2: Xbox will make a teaser about the new Xbox Portable on the Showcase that confirms its existence to the general public.

Source

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Animated GIF

StereoVsn

Is it going to be a 5 sec tease with “More in 3 months” sort of a thing?

Also, who the heck is this dude and why should anyone believe him?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
How can you not believe the rumor with the name like that? And I want to know about all these handhelds and stuff like that but if this is just some Target renders announcement with no substance, that would be a poor way to have announce. I want to see things in action. And at this rate I also welcome the competition but also have to acknowledge that we are in a good place and have probably already better machines that can do just as good. But if the machine also cost let's say, less than 400 bucks, that would make it an attractive proposition depending on the meat and potatoes of course.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I don't believe this guy but I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was true. I think they need to do two things as fast as possible.

1) Publicly confirm the open store plans for existing Xbox owners
2) Announce everything multiplat

They can't really do #2 without doing #1 first or it would be a shitstorm. If they do #1 first, then it basically doesn't matter at that point. I assumed they'd want to get this news out ASAP so they can work on more ports like Doom or Starfield.

Can't wait. Day 1 on the handheld. Want to jump in on multiple indie games that haven't hit Xbox yet.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I sincerely doubt it. They are trying to get out of consoles lmao, and have a track record of awful hardware outside of Xbox.

It would make way more sense to just bring game pass integrated support to steam deck.

lachesis

Maybe it would be a PS portal like cloud and game pass machine with remote play for BC.

As a hardware fan, It would be great if it’s a dedicated machine like Steam Deck, but not so sure. I am not too convinced if that’s the direction MS would be pursuing.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Maybe it would be a PS portal like cloud and game pass machine with remote play for BC.

As a hardware fan, It would be great if it’s a dedicated machine like Steam Deck, but not so sure. I am not too convinced if that’s the direction MS would be pursuing.
I think there's zero chance it's a cloud device. They already have an app to do that on every phone / browser.

Isa

Definite who.gif but I could see this simply being a prototype or even actual model sitting amidst some clutter on Phil's shelf again.

MarkMe2525

Throwing more hardware to solve a people problem, yeah , that hasn’t worked
Your premise, that a handheld release will preclude any attempt to fix other issues, is not backed by any evidence and is nothing more than a false dilemma. They can potentially be working on both.

Your premise, that a handheld release will preclude any attempt to fix other issues, is not backed by any evidence and is nothing more than a false dilemma. They can potentially be working on both.

Time will tell.

As a Xbox fan myself it’s in my interest that it’s great. I have no confidence in them at all.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
If you are wondering why i posted this, this dude was the first to leak the All White Xbox Series S (later verified by other journalists)

I know, sometimes we just like pulling your leg :p

GAF has had multiple topics created with this source before as well. But usually it's their twitter feed, not the YT channel.

Last edited:
Top Bottom