• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Verge: 15 First Party Games to show up at Xbox Showcase

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
my ps5 is ready.

To be sold?

Steve Harvey Wow GIF by NBC

Like them or hate them, I as a long time Xbox fan think they are doing the right thing by not directly competing with PlayStation anymore. Their shows seem to be picking up speed and are now heavy on the first party front. It seems like lots of the stuff they’ve been working on the last 6 years is starting to come out. State of Decay when though?

I’m at the age where is actually don’t care where it’s playable on, as long as it’s playable and not locked behind the shitty hardware they’re trying to sell us.

PC has been doing it better than them all for a long time anyway. Makes games, that’s all I want, not your device. As I said, PC’s have done everything better since nearly always so yeah.

Show looks good though 👍

Killjoy-NL

If this bunch of games is nothing special can you let me know how Sony's announced games look?

Try to hide your biases for once.

Plenty to be excited about, hell some may be released on PS5 too.

Plus some unnamed games thrown in, maybe we see perfect dark? Or brand new titles even.
All these games will be coming to Playstation at some point, so the bias argument is irrelevant.
Even if they'd be on PS day 1, I'd say the very same thing.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
All these games will be coming to Playstation at some point, so the bias argument is irrelevant.
No, it isn't. Don't be disingenuous. Just because Microsoft might or might not port these games doesn't mean that fanboys will stop being fanboys.

Killjoy-NL

No, it isn't. Don't be disingenuous. Just because Microsoft might or might not port these games doesn't mean that fanboys will stop being fanboys.
There is no way back anymore.

Spencer literally said all games "that make sense" will release on other platforms (incl Playstation).

Games barely sell on Xbox anymore, so there is absolutely no reason to think all these games won't be coming to Playstation at some point.

If that gets under your skin, you should address your concerns to Xbox management.

Last edited:

splattered

Like them or hate them, I as a long time Xbox fan think they are doing the right thing by not directly competing with PlayStation anymore. Their shows seem to be picking up speed and are now heavy on the first party front. It seems like lots of the stuff they’ve been working on the last 6 years is starting to come out. State of Decay when though?

I’m at the age where is actually don’t care where it’s playable on, as long as it’s playable and not locked behind the shitty hardware they’re trying to sell us.

PC has been doing it better than them all for a long time anyway. Makes games, that’s all I want, not your device. As I said, PC’s have done everything better since nearly always so yeah.

Show looks good though 👍

I'm pretty close to where you're at as well though i don't play on PC at all... and i haven't been moved enough to buy anything on PS5 in a while. Helldivers is prob the only thing i'm considering lately and i still haven't bought it.

Maybe that will pay off and one of the two unknown games is a Helldivers 2 Xbox port. Just kidding! Sorta.. ha

I'm wondering if one of the unknown games is an update from that avalanche title we haven't really seen any gameplay for yet? Forget what it's called.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter

Spencer literally said all games "that make sense" will release on other platforms (incl Playstation).

Games barely sell on Xbox anymore, so there is absolutely no reason to think all these games won't be coming to Playstation at some point.

If that gets under your skin, you should address your concerns to Xbox management.
Your trolling isn’t even subtle. Changed absolutely nothing that your claim is bullshit. Unbiased because those games could come to PlayStation? Sure lol.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I'm pretty close to where you're at as well though i don't play on PC at all... and i haven't been moved enough to buy anything on PS5 in a while. Helldivers is prob the only thing i'm considering lately and i still haven't bought it.

Maybe that will pay off and one of the two unknown games is a Helldivers 2 Xbox port. Just kidding! Sorta.. ha

I'm wondering if one of the unknown games is an update from that avalanche title we haven't really seen any gameplay for yet? Forget what it's called.

Helldivers is awesome fun, you should deffo get it.

The game you are talking about is contraband. I was hoping to see it as well. I want more co op games.

Killjoy-NL

Your trolling isn’t even subtle. Changed absolutely nothing that your claim is bullshit. Unbiased because those games could come to PlayStation? Sure lol.
It's not trolling at all.

It's literally Xbox Business strategy, which makes it safe to assume all Xbox games moving forward will come to Playstation at some point.

There just isn't anything exciting to me on that list.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

Look, I know you are struggling with the reality that you are having to force yourself to shill for games like Concord from Sony. It must be tough to have to force yourself to like that game.

Then you have the reality of hoping for Xbox games to give you some more AAA gaming goodies.

I don't think any of us thought we would be in a reality that Xboxs slate of games could be more of an exciting prospect than Sonys....

...but you can still back off from the trolling and enjoy the show! You might see some games you like and will pick them up on ps5. It will be great...then you can drop playing concord.

That would be too good to be true i'm afraid
Yes it is my friend. Your correct it would be to good to be true indeed. MS have wasted so many years and have done nothing with so many classic franchises. If they would have brought back some of the, since last gen to now, they would t be in the shite position they are in. Phil is a complete phony and even talked about how great Project Gotham was and yet he never did anything with it. They would rather milk Forza and other certain franchises instead of reviving older beloved ones to possibly get much needed interest and excitement back into the Xbox brand. He and all the others running the division are cucks who just don‘t give a damn or they would have done a lot more over the years. His silence as of late only solidifies what a fake he truly is and always has been.

splattered

So half titles are first party and second half will be 3rd party? I think i read there will be a handful of titles that have never been heard of or seen so those most be just third party unless one or both of the unannounced 1st party things are totally new?

Crazy to think that MS has this many first party games to even show in a single year - whether they suck or not.

If they can maintain this development momentum every year moving forward it will be crazy. Sure cost them a hell of a lot of money to get here though.

Killjoy-NL

Look, I know you are struggling with the reality that you are having to force yourself to shill for games like Concord from Sony. It must be tough to have to force yourself to like that game.
I'm not forcing anything. I even clearly expressed that I don't know if I even like the game yet. Lol
Then you have the reality of hoping for Xbox games to give you some more AAA gaming goodies.
What goodies?

I've been saying Xbox output is mediocre at best, even if released on Playstation.

I'll give credit to Hifi Rush based on the high praises, but I don't even care about that game.
Only HB2 and only because I enjoyed the original on Playstation.
I don't think any of us thought we would be in a reality that Xboxs slate of games could be more of an exciting prospect than Sonys....

...but you can still back off from the trolling and enjoy the show! You might see some games you like and will pick them up on ps5. It will be great...then you can drop playing concord.
They're not exciting though. I literally said so in my initial post in this thread.

You guys can get mad at me all you want, fact of the matter is that Phil Spencer himself put all Xbox games on the table for a PS release and these Xbox showcases can be regarded as some 3rd party SoP to me and many others.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Looks to be a solid show. Hoping for a glimpse on their rumored portable hardware + first look at Perfect Dark and deep dives into Fable and Indy. Curious if Shattered space will revamp Starfield into a better experience because I couldn't get into it the last time. The new Doom game sounds cool if it's anything like the rumors suggest. More gameplay for Clockwork and whatever South of Midnight is would be welcomed too. Lots to look forward too.

hinch7

Pumped for DOOM and AOM remaster. Somewhat keen to see Gears as that should be pushing the envelope with UE5.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I'm not forcing anything. I even clearly expressed that I don't know if I even like the game yet. Lol

What goodies?

I've been saying Xbox output is mediocre at best, even if released on Playstation.

I'll give credit to Hifi Rush based on the high praises, but I don't even care about that game.
Only HB2 and only because I enjoyed the original on Playstation.

They're not exciting though. I literally said so in my initial post in this thread.

You guys can get mad at me all you want, fact of the matter is that Phil Spencer himself put all Xbox games on the table for a PS release and these Xbox showcases can be regarded as some 3rd party SoP to me and many others.

I'm not mad at you, man. I hope you see some games you like the look of on Sunday.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
edit: arleady posted

Everyone's new favorite leaker eXtas1s says there will be 8 premiers at the show. I don't expect all of them to be first party, probably a couple or more third party premiers as well.

Last edited:

djjinx2

Yep bet he can’t wait to play GOTY masterpieces like Redfall, Starfield, and Hellblade 2

Microsoft has such an amazing track record of absolute bangers the last year
There are rumoured 10 games showing plus updates to existing games. You can't think Doom isn't going to be great. Or Indy? Machine Game's wont miss.

Also Starfield is just getting started and isn't in the same territory as Redfall. Starfield is a great game. Not 90%+ but still great.
We will see once mods and DLC hits if I'm wrong.

There are rumoured 10 games showing plus updates to existing games. You can't think Doom isn't going to be great. Or Indy? Machine Game's wont miss.

Also Starfield is just getting started and isn't in the same territory as Redfall. Starfield is a great game. Not 90%+ but still great.
We will see once mods and DLC hits if I'm wrong.

Starfield is a horrible game that cannot be salvaged.

I’m sure a few games will be fine, Indy looks ok. I’m not really a fan of gears or doom.

I’m most interested in Fable gameplay and Perfect Dark

Top Bottom