• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Verge: 15 First Party Games to show up at Xbox Showcase

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So, you just shoot the shit out of those gimmicky slow divers.

I don't think they're gonna shoehorn slow-mo in a fast paced pvp, right? how would that even work. Does everyone's game slow down when one player triggers slow-mo?

I think they're just talking about being able to dive in any direction, but even that would look a bit disorienting in first person ..

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I don't think they're gonna shoehorn slow-mo in a fast paced pvp, right? how would that even work. Does everyone's game slow down when one player triggers slow-mo?

I think they're just talking about being able to dive in any direction, but even that would look a bit disorienting in first person ..
I don't mean slow-mo mode, I meant the slow animations for semi realism. Or are they just going full on Fornite/Hero Shooter gameplay style now?

Taur007

C'mon Redfall 2 announcement...

Jason Sudeikis Good Luck GIF by Apple TV+
all jokes aside though i think it'd be dope if MS spent all this time doing a full blown remake/reimagining with better graphics gameplay and shadow dropped it as a sorry to the fans, too bad studio is gone.

It will be interesting to see if Microsoft mentions any of their PS5 and Switch efforts during their show. It's public knowledge and definitely the elephant in the room.
During the show? Probably not.

Post show? Most probably.

Their showcase is massively hyped, teasing any games making their way to rival platforms is a good way to kill the hype, they won't go that route at least until after the showcase.

Denton

Looking forward to it, but frankly STALKER2 is more interesting to me than anything on that list. I hope they show some proper gameplay from that.

Labadal

Of those, only Indiana Jones, and Avowed are interesting to me.

The Starfield expac is a little bit interesting, but I am waiting for a complete edition of that game.

Only really interested in Doom. Gears would have excited me a long time ago, I'll keep an open mind but it's pretty disappointing Microsoft's output even after the buying spree they went on.

FeralEcho

New Doom and Gears 6

Joey Tribbiani Friends GIF

Feels like E3 season for once after that shit Sony showcase...

(But for the love of God please don't be some shit cgi trailer and be gameplay instead)

Everything else is just a bonus.

Isa

Man I can't wait to see Evil Within 3! Finally get to see Kidman again and bring down the machine.
40Oz Pour One Out GIF

Hope its a good show, glad as always its on the weekend. Very interested to see the 3rd party support. Xbox has been fairly good at bringing some Asian games to their shows lately so I'm down, I imagine another snippet for Metaphor.

FeralEcho

Sorry, its rough. I thought Hi-Fi Rush was a nice little in between game before another bigger horror title would come along. Still shocking honestly. Hope the Devs make out okay.
I hope so too and I feel you...I was devastated when I heard the news. TEW is one of my favourite horror franchises. The fact that we'll never see another one from its original creators is a tragedy.

EDIT: I think I'm gonna do another playthrough of the games.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Isa

salva

I'm most excited to see the starfield shattered space expansion, fable, avowed, gears, doom and hopefully some perfect dark!

adamsapple

Gears reveal better be more than a CG trailer.

I hope so. I think MS has stopped doing just purely CG reveals since they got a lot of shit for it in 2020 when they announced all those games like Perfect Dark, State of Decay 3 etc.

All trailers in recent shows and directs are game assets / cut-scenes.

VAVA Mk2

Talk about a fucking disappointment. They spent years and millions on that Slipspace engine, only to use it for one game and ditch it. Waste of time and money.
LOL I know right? Worst name they could have possibly given it.

adamsapple

just give me pgr4 in glorious back compat upgradeness, 60fps, autohdr and 4k upscaling

Online Cat and Mouse FTW.

Seriously, PGR 3 and 4 should already be BC titles and available to everyone on the XSX via GamePass...

Probably trapped in some licensing purgatory. They even have to de-list their much more popular Forza games after some years because of that.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Coming from the same guy that thinks HB2 is a great game and deserves an 82 meta but The Order is terrible and deserves a 60

No, I’m being consistent, you’re the hypocritical ones

Looks like he’s the consistent one, if he’s saying that the Metacritic scores in both games are right.

Why are people excited for Fable ? Lol.

Its coming from a racing game developer. Assassin Creed copy is pretty much a guarantee.

They built an entirely new team with lots of RPG veterans in it.
Also, developers can be flexible. The devs who made the 2013 Killer Instinct game had never made a fighting game before.
Guerilla went from Killzone/FPS to the Third person Horizon series.

Playground’s got an excellent track record.

They built an entirely new team with lots of RPG veterans in it.
Also, developers can be flexible. The devs who made the 2013 Killer Instinct game had never made a fighting game before.
Guerilla went from Killzone/FPS to the Third person Horizon series.

Playground’s got an excellent track record.
Yeah, Guerrilla also made Assassins Creed copy pasta.

Its not like they suddenly started putting out Rockstar type open world titles full of city simulation or Bethesda style sandboxes.

I mean, I get it, there is some enjoyment to be had in those style of open world games as well.

Personally I am way more excited for whatever rpg veterans at Obsidian are going to put out in Avowed.

Top Bottom