• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluWacky

Star Driver - END

That was an unsurprisingly well animated ending. A shame I didn't give a toss what was happening, though, and still couldn't name any of the Glittering Crux members by the final episode :(

It's not like the show was devoid of good ideas; it's just so boring to watch! Ah well, at least it had excellent production values.

Here's to Captain Earth in April!

Caught up with White Album 2, about to watch the last episode. So many feels.

Couple of not-so-great episodes over the course, but it was an excellent series. Really good. Hopefully the last episode delivers.

Valvrave 24 [END]

That seemed a bit sudden. The ending, I mean. For some reason I expected this to build further before the conclusion. And wow,
for building Cain and his Valvrave up so much earlier in the series, he sure went down like a bitch
. It wasn't bad, but I think I expected more from the series. And what happened to all that awesome future stuff they teased after the first season?

Theonik

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 13
ibnRF90foWJzoc.png

He desperately needs a hat.
This episode was just awesome. I'm not going to bother touching
whether a dimensional submarine makes sense. FUCKING SPACE SUBMARINE BATTLE YES
New antagonist so good. Yamato so good. The battle so good. Glasses so good. Deck-design so good.Needed more Akira so good.
aoihdshasdhisa
Watch this SHOW.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Space Dandy Pre-Air
The jokes were really lame and the visuals didn't grab me. I dunno, this doesn't seem very appealing.

Speaking of Space Dandy, are subs going to air anywhere? The english cast isn't grabbing me. I'm guessing subs will be on Funimation's atrocious site?

Aikatsu! 10

Oh hay, it's Creamhorn Lemonade! And she's also similar to Ichigo, much like how Urara was similar to Nozomi, except Ichigo doesn't look like Nozomi.

Apparently, judges don't know what slimmest of margins means. The margin with Ran and Hikari was MUCH slimmer than that. Fucking glasses! Anyway, Christmas Tournament ARC! I guess this is what madp meant.

Also, that janitor dude is more significant than I would've expected, to the point that it's weird.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
auuuuuuughhhhhhhhghhhhhhhhggggggghhhhhffff
When are you watching Genshiken? lol

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 13
This episode was just awesome. I'm not going to bother touching
whether a dimensional submarine makes sense. FUCKING SPACE SUBMARINE BATTLE YES
New antagonist so good. Yamato so good. The battle so good. Glasses so good. Deck-design so good.Needed more Akira so good.
aoihdshasdhisa
Watch this SHOW.
This is milscifi stuff that you have to just accept or the premise falls apart. Of course, the problem is that the only time the navy was last relevant was in WW2, so that's where all the stories we get come from.

BluWacky

Space Dandy Pre-Air
The jokes were really lame and the visuals didn't grab me. I dunno, this doesn't seem very appealing.

Did you not enjoy
the "chase" sequence
? I thought that was filled with some good fun animation (much of which we have admittedly seen in the various PVs). I also think the variety of alien design and the way that the Boobies restaurant is populated very organically was quite impressive. The pulp aesthetic of the colouring appeals to me as well.

Anime jokes are anime jokes - of course it's hardly very funny. I did enjoy
the meta stuff
(the robot is my favourite character thus far) and all the boobs/lecherous jokes, while not my cup of tea, are at least a little more original in execution than in most shows.

I'm quietly optimistic.

(EDIT: being uber-anxious over spoilers for things not shown in PVs or not immediately obvious from them)

Jarmel

Banned
Space Dandy Pre-Air

One thing that kinda threw me off was the background art especially in the Aloha(or whatever the ship is called). It looks too sterile at times. That said,it also reminded me of those old PC games too.

survivor

Banned
Nagi no Asukara 2

This world building of the fish people has been so terrible so far. The love polygon drama better be worth it, I believe in you Mari Okada.

Quasar

I'm surprised people thought this show was going to payoff.

Me. I was more surprised that it ended here. The way it was going it seemed like it had lots more ground to cover. I was expecting the fight to end, and then have an open conclusion to lead to a season 3.

I guess now I'm left to wonder if we'll get the Saki spinoff as anime.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Valvrave peaked with

the school pop dance video with saki

+

haruto attacking saki

Although the scene with L-Elf at the end of 23 is up there with the best the of the show

1367601743326.gif

JCG

They probably ended Valvrave like that because it didn't make enough money and thus is effectively cancelled.

But I found the ending more underwhelming and rushed than anything else, comparatively speaking, so I'm not angry or whatever. I still had enough entertainment beforehand to make it worth watching once. This simply isn't something I'd want to recommend and most likely would never try to re-watch either.

To be honest, Taniguchi needs to get off his semi-retired state and actually direct a new series rather than assuming Okouchi or Yoshino can do it all on their own.

But Shoko's still alive and would probably be the main character. That would be the worst thing ever!

It's not going to happen, either way, but not necessarily.

They could focus on
ERUERUF leading all these brats to build the Empire and Shoko would just be another pilot, which is all I got that from that last scene.

Syrinx

Aikatsu! 6

Ichigo should learn a new song. New outfit get, at least.

Also now your fans think you're a standoffish jerk. Nice going.

Non Non biyori - 10
Renge is still fighting quite hard for her place as "best character"

She already has won the award "most adorable" during this episode !

Jintor

Log Horizon 13

Oh man, Crusty and the princess ARE hilarious. Though I gotta say being interesting only because you remind someone of someone else is not the best of starting points for a relationship, lol.

Dat ending. I bet a dude who wilts flowers on his approach probably won't be evil, right?

Theonik

This is milscifi stuff that you have to just accept or the premise falls apart. Of course, the problem is that the only time the navy was last relevant was in WW2, so that's where all the stories we get come from.
I accept it. That's why I don't care to consider whether it makes sense or not!

Random question - are you all going to do an anime of the year thread? I was searching to see if one had started and Articalys who did it the past few years is banned. I don't lurk this thread nor would I vote but I do enjoy reading the results and voting thread so I can stock up on stuff to watch in the new year :)

Random question - are you all going to do an anime of the year thread? I was searching to see if one had started and Articalys who did it the past few years is banned. I don't lurk this thread nor would I vote but I do enjoy reading the results and voting thread so I can stock up on stuff to watch in the new year :)

It's going to be done by BGBW

Syrinx

It was discussed, and it will probably be done. New rules for it have been discussed, and I think that's the issue right now.

what possible reason can there be for messing with the damn voting rules again

I'm honestly not really sure if there's a need for a change, but I have yet to participate in any of the voting threads.

If anything, this only gives people more time to watch other contenders to see if it shakes up their votes.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
For the record, I don't support changing the rules.
good
I'm honestly not really sure if there's a need for a change, but I have yet to participate in any of the voting threads.

If anything, this only gives people more time to watch other contenders to see if it shakes up their votes.

please don't forget the first 3 seasons of the year when the time to cast your votes comes (¬‿¬)

BluWacky

please don't forget the first 3 seasons of the year when the time to cast your votes comes (¬‿¬)

I can vote for the only current series I finished watching this year then! Even though I voted for it last year!

(come on From the New World BD release date!)

That's like asking for there not to be any anime OTs because this thread exists.

I agree with you, I just vaguely remember Seda being iffy on a Space Dandy OT because he thought 2 threads to discuss it was enough and he planned on moving the Toonami OT out of Community while it aired or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom