• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Spoilers for Far Harbour

Yeah about the Children of Atom. I really wonder what would happen if
I stayed
546F650211D461671701D7A93A840BACECA4B731
I don't view blowing up the Children of the Atom as a bad thing. Detonating that weapon was their greatest wish. It was the nicest thing I did for anyone in the game. I wish I went to the crater in the commonwealth and told them about it. Give them a chance to join in.

I also convinced the Big Synth Brother to turn himself in. I'm really not into shadow elements behind the scenes pulling the strings.

Diancecht

Finally returned to playing the game and installed a fuck ton of mods to go along with it. I also really dislike the vanilla look of the game and after looking through thousands of ENB's I finally found my desired, washed out look. With that and a perfect industrial-electronic soundtrack mod, game really feels like poor man's S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

JoeNut

Yeah about the Children of Atom. I really wonder what would happen if
I stayed

I don't view blowing up the Children of the Atom as a bad thing. Detonating that weapon was their greatest wish. It was the nicest thing I did for anyone in the game. I wish I went to the crater in the commonwealth and told them about it. Give them a chance to join in.

I also convinced the Big Synth Brother to turn himself in. I'm really not into shadow elements behind the scenes pulling the strings.

screw it I'm blowing them up then

Morokh

So while pretty much everyone is bitching about Nuka World being the last DLC confirmed officially, how about we focus on the next DLC having its description modified, and the bits about being able to change settlers appearence being removed ? :mad:
(No sign of it in the first leaks of the beta as well ...)

Sounds already great ... xD

Volimar

Some new info on Vault-Tec Workshop

Source

There's no way it's similar in size to Blackreach. That place gave me explorer's fatigue.

So while pretty much everyone is bitching about Nuka World being the last DLC confirmed officially, how about we focus on the next DLC having its description modified, and the bits about being able to change settlers appearence being removed ? :mad:
(No sign of it in the first leaks of the beta as well ...)

Sounds already great ... xD

What all was changed?

So it seems that with the new DLC we get all the prewar stuff that mods have already made available. Wonder if these items can double exist in the menu and if not what happens if I remove the mod with the dlc release because Ive already built some prewar stuff into my settlements...

I mean, it's $30. Most people have to blow $30 just to go to the theater for 2 hours.

Not defending Bethesda, but there are just certain games I'll continue to buy season passes in advance for: Forza, ES/FO, Cyberpunk 2077...

Started a new file, made a male and female character, stalled in Chargen as to who I should play as.

50750EA798E87CE17871C32CEFC287AA8A6F20DF

Any suggestions GAF? Oblivion Woman or Ubisoft Man?

Also no facegen mods were involved in the creation of Ubisoft Man.

Anyone know the code to spawn
Father
? Want to see how he comes out with that combo, if it's true his appearance is dynamic.

JoeNut

man the explosion when you blow up
the children of atom
was really disappointing, i was expecting one like Megaton or whatever that town was in Fallout 3

So, GMG is doing a sale right now and from the Email they sent me Fallout 4 is supposed to be 60% off. But when I go to the website it says it's only 50% off. What is going on?

I actually liked the children of atom stuff in Far Harbor. It's just a shame that we can't get more stuff like that in the main game or DLC.

After removing this game from my system, not wanting to invest another 100 hours into a game after completing The Witcher 3, I am ready to jump back into this.

Unfortunately there are no mods on the PS4 but I guess I'll be more than satisfied with the base game for the first dozens of hours.

I have absolutely no idea which type of class to play without becoming absolutely overpowered. In previous Bethesda titles I always played stealth/sniper based classes because they brought me the most enjoyment.

Any tips from you veteran F4 players?

After removing this game from my system, not wanting to invest another 100 hours into a game after completing The Witcher 3, I am ready to jump back into this.

Unfortunately there are no mods on the PS4 but I guess I'll be more than satisfied with the base game for the first dozens of hours.

I have absolutely no idea which type of class to play without becoming absolutely overpowered. In previous Bethesda titles I always played stealth/sniper based classes because they brought me the most enjoyment.

Any tips from you veteran F4 players?

Stealth/Sniper is actually imo the class which is the most overpowered. When you mix it with crits. it's so incredibly strong.
Gauss-Rifle, Stealth-Bonus + Crit = One-Shot-Kill in most cases.

I feel like the gunslinger version of that kind of build is actually more powerful in the end but does take longer to mature.

But regardless of what you pick, you'll break the game eventually. Survival mode can help stave that off but adds a lot to the time commitment.

Filben

I finally ditched the survival difficulty and switched back to normal. There were things I really liked about it like the slower health regeneration through stimpaks or the savegame feature upon exiting the game or sleeping in a bed. Quick save right before any POSSIBLE dangerous encounter totally takes out the joy and thrill (maybe I've played to much FTL and Darkest Dungeon). But at the end of day I've spend more time managing my inventory and character like in a survival game. That's supposed to be like that, I reckon. I appreciate the OPTION given to players who want that very experience but in my opinion it totally distracts from the core experience this game WANTS to deliver. A somewhat fast-paced shooter experience with some RPG mechanics and story-arc written into an open world game. The harsh survival aspects slow down the pace—that's not THAT high in any open world game—even more. I don't mean to play Fallout, given a complete different premis, like a survival game. Then again, I appreciate they offer the option to players who want it.

Is there any mod that disables the time-freeze while accessing the Pipboy or at least rebalancing the stimpak usage? Does mods disable the achievements on Steam?

N° 2048

40 hours on Survival Mode was enough for me. Too tedious without certain mods I slowly learned. I think it's great if Fallout 4 is the only game you're currently playing but trying to play this and other games, you end up spending a lot of time in the inventory screens/managing like Filben said.

Doesn't help that Sony/Bethesda fucked us over for mods on PS4. Left this bitter taste in my mouth...want to get Fallout 4 over with then take a break and mod it to hell on the PC later on...

fwiw I have 500+ hours logged into Fallout 4 on PS4.

I just reached L67 on Survival. Doing Far Harbor now, and that's about all I have left until Vault Tec and Nuka World.

Never found the reduced carry weight or inventory management to be a problem. My one gripe is not having access to an endless supply of vertibird grenades or some other fast travel means at endgame without resorting to mods.

I just reached L67 on Survival. Doing Far Harbor now, and that's about all I have left until Vault Tec and Nuka World.

Never found the reduced carry weight or inventory management to be a problem. My one gripe is not having access to an endless supply of vertibird grenades or some other fast travel means at endgame without resorting to mods.

The armory guy on the prydwin sells vertibird grenades and he should re stock every 24 hours if im not mistaken.

void666

Banned
I finally ditched the survival difficulty and switched back to normal. There were things I really liked about it like the slower health regeneration through stimpaks or the savegame feature upon exiting the game or sleeping in a bed. Quick save right before any POSSIBLE dangerous encounter totally takes out the joy and thrill (maybe I've played to much FTL and Darkest Dungeon). But at the end of day I've spend more time managing my inventory and character like in a survival game. That's supposed to be like that, I reckon. I appreciate the OPTION given to players who want that very experience but in my opinion it totally distracts from the core experience this game WANTS to deliver. A somewhat fast-paced shooter experience with some RPG mechanics and story-arc written into an open world game. The harsh survival aspects slow down the pace—that's not THAT high in any open world game—even more. I don't mean to play Fallout, given a complete different premis, like a survival game. Then again, I appreciate they offer the option to players who want it.

Is there any mod that disables the time-freeze while accessing the Pipboy or at least rebalancing the stimpak usage? Does mods disable the achievements on Steam?

Yes but there are mods that reenable achievements. Here's another one.
I use the first one. It uses F4SE.

If you want only some of the survival features i suggest the mod survival options.
It works well along with unlimited survival activations. The merged version also enables full save menu.

With survival options you can disable everything and just keep the slower health regen.
I laugh at the idea of people being survival purists. Create your own survival experience.

Have had to restart my third Character again. 3 days an 12 hours wasted, as I sided with the institute and immediately regretted my decision after being shouted at by Piper... and had no saves before that except when I left the vault...

Any news on when next DLC is going to drop?

Sarcasm

Have had to restart my third Character again. 3 days an 12 hours wasted, as I sided with the institute and immediately regretted my decision after being shouted at by Piper... and had no saves before that except when I left the vault...

Any news on when next DLC is going to drop?

Only save was before the vault? What?

I am so confused how did this happen.

Did you just played the game in one sitting?

The armory guy on the prydwin sells vertibird grenades and he should re stock every 24 hours if im not mistaken.

Yeah, he does, but you can't just wait or sleep on Survival mode because there's a nasty cycle of needing food, water and antibiotics.

At this point, I probably have enough supplies to deal with it, but it'd be nice if there was a built-in option for "purists."

Sarcasm

New patch and very interesting. This is perfect!

Fallout 4 1.6 Update

NEW FEATURES
ExitSave - Exiting to the Main Menu will create an ExitSave. During next play session, the ExitSave will delete itself after you load it. The Existsave works in all difficulty levels including Survival.
New Add On specific icons in Workshop mode
More than 300 new player names added to Codsworth's vocabulary
Support for upcoming Add Ons
FIXES
General stability and performance improvements
Fixed a crash related to targeting an enemy weapon while in VATS
Fixed an issue where a Companion would become stuck walking and unable to run
Fixed issue in "Mankind Redefined" to prevent the player from getting stuck in elevators while in Mass Fusion Building
In "Boston After Dark" quest now completes properly when waiting for Old Man Stockton
Fixed occasional issue where player would become permanently invisible
Dead settlers can no longer be commanded or assigned to supply lines
Fixed issue where deleting saved games would cause other saves to disappear
Fixed occasional issues with activating mods that did not come from Bethesda.net
Minor bug fixes and optimizations to Mods load order and browsing

Morokh

Well that quick-look livestream was the most unprepared full of nothing stream I've seen in a while ...

The only thing worth noting if you've already seen the leaks about it is that you can build a vault anywhere on the surface as well. (which imho is completely stupid ...)

Oh and also we're all confused about the potential possibility of changing settler's appearence ....

At least it wasn't that long I guess.

Filben

Yes but there are mods that reenable achievements. Here's another one.
I use the first one. It uses F4SE.

If you want only some of the survival features i suggest the mod survival options.
It works well along with unlimited survival activations. The merged version also enables full save menu.

With survival options you can disable everything and just keep the slower health regen.
I laugh at the idea of people being survival purists. Create your own survival experience.
Much obliged!

Has anyone been able to figure out a way to have this games dynamic shadow draw distance farther without it literally cutting your FPS to a third when in an urban area? I've tried 3 different INI tweak guides, on top of running ENBoost and Shadow Boost with no luck. Nothing but setting the draw distance to a permanent 3000 gets me anywhere, and that still leaves me barely in the 30's. :(

Top Bottom