• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 - PS4 screenshots (now feat. PNGs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoseLopez

2c34417bb2ddfdbf28546cf96a67e46c6db575f8e9cdcf230458ff5427b18b6e.jpg

we need an update of this
Yes fallout that annualized franchise

Kezen

Banned
Oh it's not confirmed to be coming from one of the reviewers with a review copy?

I dearly hope not, because not everything seen here will be improved for the PC version, notably materials. Draw distance, LOD, AO, perhaps textures but not assets themselves.

I don't get it, at all the gameplay footage looks really good, not a graphical milestone sure but nicely detailed textures, good lighting, materials reacting plausibly to light, it looks like a game targetting modern systems.

Those shots are just horrible.

Who are you speaking about? Cause judging from this thread and countless of other threads on Gaf (and other forums), all people can talk about is how shitty the game looks.
People have no problem saying assassin creed syndicate was a step down from unity because it was ubisoft,call of duty got hammered for looking worst than advance warfare(when it was first shown at least) every jrpg in existence not named final fantasy gets called out for their graphics being stagnant. But here you have fallout 4 where i haven't seen anybody say game play would be bad but say one bad thing about the graphics and people go up in arms and its all about gameplay not graphics now

Auctopus

We are looking at the GOTY right here and people need to accept that.

Graphically, technically or gameplay-wise. This game will not be worthy of GOTY. It may be quite good, it may be even very good but GOTY it won't be.

However, I can see it winning GOTY everywhere.

OmahaG8

Can someone unscientifically tell me which is better for a game like this?

PS4 or PC with 4500k and gtx 580?

My understanding is that it's very close. Maybe the nod to my computer? Thanks

Late edit: 2500k*

Zexen

You know a game's visuals are bad when the quotes's snaps looks bad.

I mean, this is from an inside location, and almost everything here looks wrong. I won't quote THAT other shot, as several persons in this thread already have explained what's bad about it.

Anyway, it won't stop me to enjoy this game and mod the shit outta it.

sappyday

This is a thread for the graphics. If it bothers you so much maybe make a thread for the gameplay.

lol bothered by it? True I'm not bothered by how the game looks but I definitely see why people think it looks bad. I'm just saying at this point the game will need a thread where people can vent about their frustration on the graphics so it doesn't bog down every single F4 thread. I was mainly referring to what happened with The Witcher 3.

If this thread does become that thread then great. But let's try not to bog down all the other threads (mainly the OT) with this.

Bethesda does deserve this (even though I'm not surprised by it).

DeaviL

Banned
Picture quality itself is pure shit though.
I find it hard to believe that even the HUD will be blocky and smeared.

Recall

Graphically, technically or gameplay-wise. This game will not be worthy of GOTY. It may be quite good, it may be even very good but GOTY it won't be.

However, I can see it winning GOTY everywhere.

a game of the year isnt defined by whether or not it appeals to those obsessed with visuals

Jito

Banned
There are millions of JPG screenshots of other games captured on PS4 and yes they are compressed but you can still tell when a game looks good from those compressed pics.
This is factually false. RAD created the exact game they wanted to create, it just so happens that the game did not do well critically and commercially (i think). You don't make any sense at all when you say Bethesda put more effort in other aspects of the game (you have not played) that is why the graphics aren't mind blowing.

Do you have a source to back up how that is factually false? I'd like to see RAD saying the game they put out is the game they always wanted to make, down to the shit werewolf fights, terrible recycled QTE bossfight and lackluster story that ends on a cliffhanger that will never pay off.

How am I not making sense? I'm just making an assumption that they've made a better game than the last ones, I think they've improved their games with each iteration, I don't see how it's far fetched to say the same for Fallout 4. We'll see soon enough anyway, come eat crow (or watch me) in the review thread if you feel so inclined.

Look at the bright side people.

If gamers don't play Bethesda games for graphics, nor writing, nor polish, it's because the gameplay.

Gameplay is really king!

At least this thread can't turn into a heated downgrade discussion.

Bethesda, unlike a certain other developer whose name I won't mention, didn't provide early promotional material that was completely doctored, and in no way representative of the final product.

Todd Howard is not a liar.

Social

You guys saw the game unveiling at e3, saw the footage that was released before that wasn't looking too hot but was "OK" cause it's Fallout.

And now we are seeing the first real screenshots coming from the retail version, it looks exactly the same as that footage shown before at e3, and now suddenly it's too ugly for words?

Just accept that it's going to look like a larger scaled Xbox 360 game in Full HD with some added effects, no more, no less.

Why? Because it's been 5 years in the making and was probably cross gen at one point and changing the engine at around 3 years of development probably wasn't the smartest choice. So deal with it.

Nzyme32

You know a game's visuals are bad when the quotes's snaps looks bad.

I mean, this is from an inside location, and almost everything here looks wrong. I won't quote THAT other shot, as several persons in this thread already have explained what's bad about it.

Anyway, it won't stop me to enjoy this game and mod the shit outta it.

AO seems the most noticeable thing to me - ie there isn't any, which is bizarre

JoseLopez

the fanboy is strong in this one
Yeah ok just because he doesn't equate graphics to quality makes him a whore. Also love the post of people comparing it to the witcher 3 yet use bullshots huh maybe Bethesda should use bullshots and get some of that graphic high lvl money.

Kezen

Banned
Can someone unscientifically tell me which is better for a game like this?

PS4 or PC with 4500k and gtx 580?

My understanding is that it's very close. Maybe the nod to my computer? Thanks

No, the PS4 will be the better choice in that situation.
580 - 1.5gb of VRAM which is a no-go for modern games.

Denton

Honestly FO3 looks much much uglier, so I think your comparison only benefits FO4 in some twisted illogical way.

Really ? Surprising. The technical aspects like shadows, LoD, texture quality looks very similar.

I actually think that Bethesda's writing is absolute shit. But when has a Bethesda RPG not won GOTY?

Touche.

Yeah ok just because he doesn't equate graphics to quality makes him a whore. Also love the post of people comparing it to the witcher 3 yet use bullshots huh maybe Bethesda should use bullshots and get some of that graphic high lvl money.

I never called anyone a whore, so keep that language to yourself.

You might also want to read his follow-up post, friend.

Game looks pretty damn rough. I'm in for the gameplay though and hype is still through the roof. Getting this on PC. Hopefully on Ultra it looks quite a bit better

For those who are worried about draw distance and LODs on PC, you can adjust them in the ini files. I remember messing around with the draw distance of objects, vegetation and memory grids. Then my save file got destroyed and I never touched that damn ini file again.

Edit: Whenever Boris starts working on the Fallout 4 ENB, he should start with advanced/dynamic/whatever shadows.

You guys saw the game unveiling at e3, saw the footage that was released before that wasn't looking too hot but was "OK" cause it's Fallout.

And now we are seeing the first real screenshots coming from the retail version, it looks exactly the same as that footage shown before at e3, and now suddenly it's too ugly for words?

Just accept that it's going to look like a larger scaled Xbox 360 game in Full HD with some added effects, no more, no less.

Why? Because it's been 5 years in the making and was probably cross gen at one point and changing the engine at around 3 years of development probably wasn't the smartest choice. So deal with it.

You miss the comparison in post #310?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom