• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 - PS4 screenshots (now feat. PNGs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Bethesda also believes that even though 60FPS is possible with that graphical fidelity, cinematic 30FPS is the way to go for Fallout 4. That's what the fans demand, and to be honest, 60FPS looks way too gamey and sped up for a game like this anyway.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
If people gets angry that we analyse the screenshots in a screenshot hread isn't that just thread whining?

What did they want this thread to be about?

AdanVC

Graphics and lighting in particular looks amazing I simply cannot understand why y'all complaining. Human characters certainly look pretty lifeless but enemies and mechs look outstanding.

Krakn3Dfx

vltEUSv.jpg

Looks pretty good to me, even in comparison to New Vegas all pimped out with NMC and a few other visual mods, Fallout 4 still looks much better visually.

Edit, posted a non-ENB version by accident, pic now updated.

Moobabe

neither does any of us.
believe it or not.
no one was expecting it to look like the order 1886.no one is bashing the gameplay either.
but this is a screenshot thread. people will analyse and like or not like the them.

the 'gameplay is supreme' or 'sales speak' argument has nothing to do with this and just pathetic defense .
sales or gameplay dont make the screenshots look better. how much it matters in the end is a different story and a completely unrelated one.

So does that mean in the review thread if it scores highly or the next NPD thread if it sells well we won't get a bunch of people saying "But it looks shit!"

I doubt it.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Looks pretty good to me, even in comparison to New Vegas all pimped out with NMC and a few other visual mods, Fallout 4 still looks much better visually.

The zero shadows even baked ones kills the immersion for me.

So does that mean in the review thread if it scores highly or the next NPD thread if it sells well we won't get a bunch of people saying "But it looks shit!"

I doubt it.

And they still would not be wrong for saying so. High scores foes not automatically dismiss the lack of graphical features that are pretty much standard in 2015 going into 2016.

I think the AO is where the image really fails.

The objects don't look like they belong in the world. If that makes sense.

Makes total sense, and I agree with that as well.

StoveOven

Banned
From a technical standpoint it's just passable, but I actually really enjoy looking at it from an artistic side. Also, hopefully this is the first Bethesda game to not run like shit on a console

Grief.exe

5C12840ABBED4063DDDA593AED8DB5D1914C7CB6

ENB and other injectors are really necessary to overcome some of that Gamebryo jank.

EDIT: Durante also pointed out a lack of AF, but is there even an AA solution in that shot?

The zero shadows even baked ones kills the immersion to me.

Nzyme32

I'd wager there are moments in every "fanboy's" life whey they say something that instantly instills a moment of self-reflection, where they wonder if the money they've spent on their preferred platform is worth the emotional distress of feeling insulted because somebody said bad words about their "investment".

This, for you, ought to be one of those moments.

Nailed it

Durante

I hope that screeenshot you posted isn't supposed to represent "all pimped out". It doesn't have AF for Christ's sake, I had that activated in Morrowind back in 2002 ;)

omonimo

Banned
Graphics and lighting in particular looks amazing I simply cannot understand why y'all complaining. Human characters certainly look pretty lifeless but enemies and mechs look outstanding.
Jeez. The hell you have played until now. It's not. Absolutely. It's not even arguable.

Wallach

I thought Skyrim looked good on PC. This can't be real.

Like holy shit, these graphics look like they came from the world that people in video game sports crowds inhabit.

Did you ever see Skyrim on console? Or Fallout 3 / NV? Bethesda games get thrashed in the process of trying to make them run passably on consoles. Skyrim just with the texture pack and downsampling looks like it comes from the futue compared to PS3 Skyrim.

If they were, I doubt there would be as many people getting on the graphics like there are.
If the game was running at 60 and didn't have a dev with a history of bug-ridden console releases, yeah, I know I wouldn't be a bothered. But unfortunately, that's not the situation we're left with, and there are some justified critiques here.
I'm sure Bethesda also believes that even though 60FPS is possible with that graphical fidelity, cinematic 30FPS is the way to go for Fallout 4. That's what the fans demand, and to be honest, 60FPS looks way too gamey and sped up for a game like this anyway.
What-GIF_2.gif

going with joke post here for the sake of my own sanity

Well said. (Except for the lack of proper capitalization :p)

a year of non stop programming after college does that to you lol...
i only put capitals where absolutely necessary , like classes.

edit: kek, just saw the username.
ok you would know.guess i need to work on it sometime soon.

packy34

Company releases screenshots of their game showcasing its graphics and locations in the game. People aren't allowed to discuss them?

These weren't released by Bethesda. They were leaked by someone who has an early copy - probably without the inevitable day one patch - and they are in the terrible jpeg format.

nib95

Banned
Looks lacklustre imo, then again these are JPEG's. Might want to wait for PNG's to get a more honest representation, though I doubt they'll help much lol.

lazygecko

This game is about gameplay , similar to Dark Souls games , both great series with average graphics

If this was actually true then Dark Souls would be the one selling tens of millions. The underlying gameplay systems and their balance are comically bad when you actually start thinking about them with any semblance of depth in Bethesda games. This is pretty much never brought up when you see discussions about the positive aspects of Fallout 3 or Oblivion/Skyrim.

alfablac

Banned
Okay. Maybe not blaming the producers and the game per se just from the screenshots, but WTH. An entire landscape with no shadows or AO. Are we back in 1999?
I don't know. The entire internet distribution has ruined it. We still have to wait the day one patch.. Have to pay more to enjoy it completed for an year or more. I would definitely play it for the fallout series sake. But the old days of gaming are gone for good.

I mean, day one and all, but what the shit.

The IQ is just terrible, I really thought they'd at least get MSAA going on.

Well, PC it is, etc etc

ENB and other injectors are really necessary to overcome some of that Gamebryo jank.

EDIT: Durante also pointed out a lack of AF, but is there even an AA solution in that shot?

Well thankfully the PC version has GameWorks, so here's hoping for some of that gorgeous HBAO+

The ugly graphics and lack of hype from the press about what they've seen (nothing super impressive) has seriously bummed me out. This is supposed to be one of my most hyped games of all time...just not getting there. Don't really want to explore an ugly world for hundreds of hours. I actually thought Fallout 3 looked pretty good for its time. What I need is some glowing impressions from people who have the game. Which makes it disappointing that the embargo is so close to the release.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
The ugly graphics and lack of hype from the press about what they've seen (nothing super impressive) has seriously bummed me out. This is supposed to be one of my most hyped games of all time...just not getting there. Don't really want to explore an ugly world for hundreds of hours. I actually thought Fallout 3 looked pretty good for its time. What I need is some glowing impressions from people who have the game. Which makes it disappointing that the embargo is so close to the release.
The press seems to be under NDA at the moment. For all we know there will be a large amount of previews on Monday.

lazygecko

I really hope there's a texture patch.

The textures are mostly fine really. This is the one tangible improvement from the previous RAM-starved games (that and the piss filter removal). But higher resolution textures will not solve problems like lighting quality.

Grief.exe

Well thankfully the PC version has GameWorks, so here's hoping for some of that gorgeous HBAO+

That's a rumor, one I'm not inclined to believe.

Citing historical precedent, if FO4 did have Gameworks then Nvidia and Bethesda would have been advertising its inclusion for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom