• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 - PS4 screenshots (now feat. PNGs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoje0308

Banned
Man you guys crack me up.

Just enjoy the fucking game lmao.

It's a screenshot thread...

And I will probably enjoy the hell of out FO4, but I won't have to make excuses about it looking like shit (in some areas) like some of the people in this thread. It's like the people that claim FO4 gets a pass because it's focus is on gameplay have never seen TWC and TPP. Both of those games look far better, the latter of which runs at twice the frame rate.

Alebrije

If this was actually true then Dark Souls would be the one selling tens of millions. The underlying gameplay systems and their balance are comically bad when you actually start thinking about them with any semblance of depth in Bethesda games. This is pretty much never brought up when you see discussions about the positive aspects of Fallout 3 or Oblivion/Skyrim.

DS games do not need to sell the way you expose in order to being compared to Fallout , both are games with good OWN gameplay that no priorities on the graphic department.

packy34

Do you understand how sad this is? that it might need a graphically day one patch.

ArtieTruth.gif

Not saying it isn't sad. But if we're going to judge this game fairly, it should be judged with everything Bethesda intends to ship with it for the general public. And I'm sure this person isn't playing with any day one patch. I really hope they can take care of the shadow problem.
I'm playing it on PC regardless.

The ugly graphics and lack of hype from the press about what they've seen (nothing super impressive) has seriously bummed me out. This is supposed to be one of my most hyped games of all time...just not getting there. Don't really want to explore an ugly world for hundreds of hours. I actually thought Fallout 3 looked pretty good for its time. What I need is some glowing impressions from people who have the game. Which makes it disappointing that the embargo is so close to the release.

this is a far bigger concern for me....
why have seen absolutely nothing after e3??

that just adds fuel to the fire.

i pray the game isnt completely broken at launch

Durante

I think the AO is where the image really fails.

The objects don't look like they belong in the world. If that makes sense.
It's a combination really of no AO and no shadows on distant objects. As a result, you don't have many visual cues for the scene composition.

Having either one of them would already be a big step up in that regard.

Edit:
That down there is not actually a PS3 shot. It looks much worse on PS3.

Trace

Banned
As with all Bethesda games, if you want graphics you play on PC, no ifs ands or buts. Mods are too good.

Vanilla PC:

69cd3eb274be7c06c809693adb862fa9.jpg

Modded PC:

enb2015_10_3110_09_28xckvy.png

EDIT: Fixed the stuff for clarity.

ISee

These weren't released by Bethesda. They were leaked by someone who has an early copy - probably without the inevitable day one patch - and they are in the terrible jpeg format.

I think the 'terrible' jpeg format really doesn't influence the range at that foliage or shadows are rendered. And yes I doubt a day 1 patch will change that (and hopefully I am not right about that).

Disxo

Im day one and stuff but wonder if I should preoorder on pc or ps4...
By the looks of it maybe I should wait for digital foundry reviews

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Im day one and stuff but wonder if I should preoorder on pc or ps4...
By the looks of it maybe I should wait for digital foundry reviews

I would if it is between those 2.
You know, a sign of maturity is being able to enjoy something and still criticize/critique it.

I loved TW3 to hell and back when I played it earlier in the year. It'll end up somewhere atop my GOTY list. But I can still talk to you for hours about all the problems with the game. Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it the game.

Grow up.

Yep. It is those that blindly praise a game, and refuse to acknowledge it's shortcomings that scare me with advancements in gaming and a game's series.

Praying the lack of AO/Shadows are a bug to be addressed in a day one patch.

Man you guys crack me up.

Just enjoy the fucking game lmao.
You know, a sign of maturity is being able to enjoy something and still criticize/critique it.

I loved TW3 to hell and back when I played it earlier in the year. It'll end up somewhere atop my GOTY list. But I can still talk to you for hours about all the problems with the game. Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it the game.

Grow up.

iNvid02

As with all Bethesda games, if you want graphics you play on PC, no ifs ands or buts.

PS3:

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/images/9/2011/11/69cd3eb274be7c06c809693adb862fa9.jpg[

PC:

[IMG]http://abload.de/img/enb2015_10_3110_09_28xckvy.png[

And the PC shot is running at twice the framerate.[/QUOTE]

you could say its the [I][URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6yHoSvrTss"]ultimate experience[/URL][/I]

That's a rumor, one I'm not inclined to believe.

Citing historical precedent, if FO4 did have Gameworks then Nvidia and Bethesda would have been advertising its inclusion for months.
That's trus. But at the same time, look at how much advertising has been done for FO4. A very very small amount compared to most other titles.

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
I feel like the games I'm the most excited about this November, are being pooped on by the majority here, haha. Honestly this game IS still gamebryo, but it IS a step up from previous games. So personally I can't really complain about it. As long as a sequel has improvements in various shapes and forms, I'm golden. However I'm really glad I have a decent PC rig to play this. I'm all about that 60 FPS life.

Man, some of those shots look rough.
Also, I thought this game wasn't going to have a color hue filter like FO3? I really disliked that green tint in that game. FO4 looked brighter and more vibrant in the trailers compared to these screenshots :/

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I think it looks good! Not great of course. To be honest I don't mind because now it just has a certain charm to it. Maybe it's me but a Bethesda game with amazing graphics/performance and no bugs just wouldn't be the same. For any other games I'd expect it to look awesome and run flawlessly but I can't wait to play Fallout 4 and experience any crazy bugs it may have. I don't mind if it runs at a low fps.

Again maybe it's just me having played FO3/Skyrim on PS3. I'll be getting FO4 on PC so it should be the best looking version but I won't be modding it for sure to make it look better.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Switched my Best Buy order to PC. My PC graphics card is comparable to the PS4 (GTX 760), so I was not sure which one to go with.

If it was 60fps, I might stay with the ps4 version for convenience and trophies, but... that's sad at 30fps.

I had assumed with the architecture change of the ps4, the gap between the versions would diminish...

Apparently, that does not hold true with Bethesda.

Not ugly, but not good either. You don't see that PS4 is almost ten times more powerful than PS3 at all.

I mean, it does look noticeably better than the PS3 versions of fallout.
But, not where it should be at.

Oogedei

If people gets angry that we analyse the screenshots in a screenshot hread isn't that just thread whining?

What did they want this thread to be about?

I know, right ? how dare anyone be negative about anything these days.

It is absolutely okay to criticize the graphics. However, some posters who don't participate in shit posting and legitimately discuss some of the bad visuals have to realize that not everybody in here wants to have a decent discussion. A lot of you willfully ignore posts like this:

Looks like a playstation 2 game.

I don't think the majority of the people get angry because graphics are being discussed in this screenshot thread but mainly because of some shitty and provocative posts being made in here. You can't willfully ignore these posts and then call people out as butthurt because "it's just a normal discussion about graphics". I can understand this defensiveness with such posts being made. Of course that doesn't excuse shit posts from the other faction but I just can't see why somebody would call this thread a decent one which only deals with justified criticism concerning the graphics.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
If ur upset with graphics please dont tell me u play world of warcraft or use to :p

I think it looks good! Not great of course. To be honest I don't mind because now it just has a certain charm to it. Maybe it's me but a Bethesda game with amazing graphics/performance and no bugs just wouldn't be the same. For any other games I'd expect it to look awesome and run flawlessly but I can't wait to play Fallout 4 and experience any crazy bugs it may have. I don't mind if it runs at a low fps.

Again maybe it's just me having played FO3/Skyrim on PS3. I'll be getting FO4 on PC so it should be the best looking version but I won't be modding it for sure to make it look better.
Joke? Gotta be a joke right

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oblivion's reveal footage was incredibly next-gen. SO next-gen they completely pared it down to run on consoles and then nerfed the PC version as a result.

I remember being blown away by the fact it supports grass shadows. How time flies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
If ur upset with graphics please dont tell me u play world of warcraft or use to :p

Please don't compare a 10+ year old game and it's art design to anything Bethesda in that regard.

For the record I played WoW for a whopping week, and only a week when it came out. Never got into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom