• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 5: Welcome to Hope County, Montana teaser videos, full reveal May 26th

Gator86

After Zelda BOTW everyone wants to have thier open world game , do not blame UBI.

tenor.gif

Warablo

The guy who wrote in to Giant Bomb a while ago seems to be spot on.

I think the he said that the game would be set in Montana where you play a cop who faces off against a militia, if I remember it correctly.

I'm down for that.
Man, I hope its less military. More taking down sex rings, drugs and hate groups.

Man, I hope its less military. More taking down sex rings, drugs and hate groups.

Yeah, let's just stick with cult/radical hate groups. Something different for a change. I'm not interested if it's another fucking militia/paramilitary group. We just got Wildlands for that.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Yeah, let's just stick with cult/radical hate groups. Something different for a change. I'm not interested if it's another fucking militia/paramilitary group. We just got Wildlands for that.

Even with those groups they're likely to have their own militia. The pen might be mightier than the sword but it's easier to teach impressionable young men how to wield swords.

What does this even mean

Shitposting deserves a shitposting treatment.

I never get the reason of people spewing the same song in every open world topics.

I get it that some people don't like open world games, but do they have to shout it out in an open world game announcement?

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
jesus the guy was smacking his head against the bell....

Ok I am interested however it if CONTINUES to follow the ame damn formula as past games it may lose me

Damn, this definitely has my interest. I enjoyed Far Cry 3 and 4 quite a bit, but I do hope they change up the formula gameplay wise a bit.

I wonder who your allies will be in this one considering in Far Cry you tend to align yourself with some very morally ambiguous characters and with you being apparently a police officer in this one it could go a number of ways by the end of it.

Actually really digging the premise of this if it's about a doomsday prepper cult in Montana, assuming what I've heard is true. Would love to see a Blood Dragon like DLC where the cult is right about whatever they think will end the world, and you have to survive the end of days.

Luke_Wal

This is probably what the Easy Allies Jones slip up was about. So probably end of August, early September.

I don't understand. What is this in reference to? I remember them talking about the game potentially coming out in September based on a rumor they'd heard; is there more to this?

So this is going to center around some sort of cult maybe? All the people in those teasers are wearing white. Anyway, those teasers have me interested. I skipped Primal and never got around to finishing 4.

yurinka

After Zelda BOTW everyone wants to have thier open world game , do not blame UBI.
Ubi has like one or two dozens of open world games that sold like the double amount of copies that the best selling Zelda games, and some of the are Far Cry games. All of them released before BOTW. This is why most of the new features BOTW added compared to other Zeldas are copied from Ubi games and other open world games like Skyrim (the others were basically from Monster Hunter).

And they aren't the only ones, there are multiple other examples way more relevant in the market (sales) than Zelda BOTW, like Horizon, Skyrim or GTA just to name a few.

Many Nintendo fans may have discovered open world games in 2017, but they were already super popular since GTA III or the first Assassin's Creed.

I wonder who your allies will be in this one considering in Far Cry you tend to align yourself with some very morally ambiguous characters and with you being apparently a police officer in this one it could go a number of ways by the end of it.
Hopefully they got much better writers at least.

And more interesting quests.

And better game play ;_;

It's annoying that the setting is so interesting because Primal and 4 burned me hard and I don't expect much improvement here.

Freeman76

Like I expect Ubi to nail the world and setting, but I don't have high hopes for the story, especially not going to expect anything akin to True Detective.

Will be more like Pet Detective knowing this lot. The way they write their characters and story its as though primary school students were consultants on most of them.

Loved every single farcry game i have played (skipped primal though ), but i am unsure about this new cult / horror direction.

I guess its now as good time as any to shake up the formula, god knows i was sick of climbing towers by the end of 4 , but at its core thats what farcry is , towers, outposts and a variety of vehicles/guns.

Not sure how this fits into the new narrative, maybe taking out clan outposts e.t.c, still i dont see the player having alot of fun vehicles/animals at your disposal.

Im still struggling to imagine how traditional far cry gameplay would fit into this setting

I'm struggling to think how, considering this is continental United States of America, they avoid the fact that (presumably) a whole region in Montana has been over taken by gangs of murderous cultists (or whatever). Like, wouldn't that be quickly discovered and the military would be called in? Or something? lol

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm struggling to think how, considering this is continental United States of America, they avoid the fact that (presumably) a whole region in Montana has been over taken by gangs of murderous cultists (or whatever). Like, wouldn't that be quickly discovered and the military would be called in? Or something? lol

The cultists have diep ties with the local government and law enforcement.

There - done.

VIDEO GAMES!

Really hope they expand on the co-op that 4 had. Let it be the entire game, including missions. I loved the helicopter and messing around with a friend in the previous game.

jem0208

Maybe it's set pre-mobile phones/internet and telephone lines have been cut or something. Rural town no one cares about, no one is allowed to leave, no information gets out.

Top Bottom