• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 5: Welcome to Hope County, Montana teaser videos, full reveal May 26th

yurinka

Just realized that the early trailers were in the PlayStation YouTube channel.

Does this confirm another marketing deal with Sony?

Ashtar

So I just realized that Sony eu screwed up!
We were supposed to get one of these daily until Friday but They dropped them all at once, Ubi soft YouTube only has the first teaser up

Kaako

Felium Defensor
These are some of the coolest teasers I've ever seen for game.
Goddam. These are some dope-ass teasers.
I fully agree. This is how you're suppose to do "teasers" in general, I feel.

We were supposed to get one of these daily until Friday but They dropped them all at once, Ubi soft YouTube only has the first teaser up
Thank you, Playstation EU! Haha

WeTeHa

I'm subscribed to the Ubisoft youtube channel and they also have all videos up?

Just realized that the early trailers were in the PlayStation YouTube channel.

Does this confirm another marketing deal with Sony?

Yeah but that shouldn't be a surprise. They had it for 4 as well. Primal too I believe. Man bring on Friday. I've quite enjoyed the FarCry games and this setting is starting to sound better by the minute. Is probably going to look pretty damn stellar too.

Kayhan

Montana though.

Welcome to Montana. Haha now you are stuck in Montana.

So what kind of problems can the game deal with in Montana? Meth? Heroin? Oxycontin?

Circinus

pTYQQc0.jpg

Now this is interesting. CryEngine.

Are you sure that's referring to Far Cry 5 rather than the original Far Cry? (might have already been said)

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Montana though.

Welcome to Montana. Haha now you are stuck in Montana.

So what kind of problems can the game deal with in Montana? Meth? Heroin? Oxycontin?
Haha Montana is now the new Ohio?
Hopefully just heroin zombies cause the meth ones are a royal pain in the ass.

yurinka

Stealing RDR2's thunder I guess.
Sure, they developed an entire game, planned their marketing strategy and made the teasers in a single day.

P.S.: Far Cry 5 doesn't seem to be a western game, if we look at the clothes they seem to be modern.

Sure, they developed an entire game, planned their marketing strategy and made the teasers in a single day.

P.S.: Far Cry 5 doesn't seem to be a western game, if we look at the clothes they seem to be modern.
Or the overhead power lines. The silos, the gas canisters etc.

yurinka

I just realized that the dead characters seem to be dark skinned. And the guy crushing other guy's head into the church's bell seem to be white.

Do you think they are going to use some crazy racist group as the bad guys of the game, and maybe racism as important topic in the game?

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
A Far Cry set in rural America?

Thematically, that could work.

I sense a lot of Last of Us aping coming with this game.

Americana-themed art house horror is so in right now.

BlizzKrut

Banned
I just realized that the dead characters seem to be dark skinned. And the guy crushing other guy's head into the church's bell seem to be white.

Do you think they are going to use some crazy racist group as the bad guys of the game, and maybe racism as important topic in the game?

Person on the river seems white, look at the feet.

VeeP

I sense a lot of Last of Us aping coming with this game.

Americana-themed art house horror is so in right now.

I've only played the opening act, but I was thinking more of an Open-World Alan Wake instead of Last of Us.

Small town with a deeper mystery going on.

A game in rural America could be really cool. I have no faith in Ubisoft making good on the potential of such a setting, however. Hopefully im wrong, though. Far Cry games should be cool, but three and four didn't live up to their potential.

So it IS going to be yet another open-world game. Yuck.

....................................................................................................................................

When has Far Cry NOT been open world?

LIke, I don't even play those games and I know that

Najaf

Hell yeah.

Give me: crazy cultish group, merica militia, Canadian border patrol and mounties, small town sheriff, feds, modern vehicles, horses, tractors, six shooters, buffalo rifles, modern weapons, mountain lions, buffalo, bald eagles, hang gliders, bears, elk, moose oh my!

Top Bottom