• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fatal Frame: Nuregarasu no Miko trailer + screenshots (Sep 27 in Japan)

Eolz

Looks great, pleasantly surprised.
I can see (and hope for) an european localization happening at least.

ah but then Wii was region locked... so u'd need to mod it....

but at least its viable to play all the series in English still...

The fan translation patch of FFIV works with unmodded NTSC and PAL Wii's. The patch itself bypasses the region lock on the console.

The models seem to be made by the DoA team though. Same look and all. They make good designs in general.

Yes, really passionate in your pants.

how can you tell from the models that it had help from DOA team?

Fatal Frame needs a team we never know who they are

TnK

how can you tell from the models that it had help from DOA team?

Fatal Frame needs a team we never know who they are
The faces in general have a lot of similarities to the DoA5 faces. In terms of both design and textures.

I guess the artist for the models is one and the same.

I'd rate them as high as the FF model making team.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The faces in general have a lot of similarities to the DoA5 faces. In terms of both design and textures.

I got that impression after you said it

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Looks okay, typically budget restrictive and, well, Fatal Frame. Very interested nonetheless, and desperately hoping for a PAL port.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

I think it's more coincidence than anything. It looks like the last few Fatal Frame games style to me.

DCB_Mio-Amakura.jpg
Pz2-mayu-amakura.jpg

zero_wallpaper2_12801024.jpg

Of course, more detailed, different design, etc. They likely have new team members, but I'm not exactly seeing the Dead or Alive look you mean in our new main girls face.

U4LUAD6.png

I think the only thing I can sort of see is that her art direction has her with a more;;; Colorful outfit than we normally see?

Dusk Golem

This game ACTUALLY looks good!?

Why so surprised? The whole series has been pretty good outside of Spirit Camera. They have lower-end budgets but are still engrossing and unique gameplay experiences. Fatal Frame IV and Deep Crimson Butterfly I heard were pretty good too.

Meh the forest. Show me the creepy houses :eek:

MC is definitely a Fatal Frame MC.

Far far far sooner that I expected it too release. Good though since know we can have impressions on how good or bad it is.

Hopefully we get this!

Dusk Golem

Also the film is so obviously going to be tied into the game somehow, probably be some linking between them. The game takes place in a mountainous region and has a strong theme of water, the film takes place in a mountainous region and has a strong theme of water... In the film students are being found drowned in a lake in a mountain village academy, and the fact the game is releasing so close to the film makes me believe they will share a connection.

casiopao

The models seem to be made by the DoA team though. Same look and all. They make good designs in general.

Yes, really passionate in your pants.

Lol, u are making me look like pervert here. I am more of a gentleman here lol. I played this game to save the girls from the bad fate they are having.^_^

I think it's more coincidence than anything. It looks like the last few Fatal Frame games style to me.

Of course, more detailed, different design, etc. They likely have new team members, but I'm not exactly seeing the Dead or Alive look you mean in our new main girls face.

U4LUAD6.png

I think the only thing I can sort of see is that her art direction has her with a more;;; Colorful outfit than we normally see?

I would said that kind of clothing is still normal though. I had seen some of the girls in Singapore and Japan wear those kind of clothes and of course..... The twin is still so pretttttttty.^_^

TnK

From the screenshots, the overall design of the faces are very similar to DoA. The new main reminds me a bit of Kasumi.

If it is being made by KT, then there is a chance that some members of team ninja are lending a hand. If not, 😈😡😆then the design of the face sure is similar to DoA.
Lol, u are making me look like pervert here. I am more of a gentleman here lol. I played this game to save the girls from the bad fate they are having.^_^

I am guessing english is not your first language? If so, what you wrote sounded a tad bit too bizarre and perverted. Also you are correct, outfits like this are common in Asia, but it is a bit more toned down in terms of design.

ZeroX03

Banned
First time really learning anything about the series and I'm interested. I'd probably pick it up if there's a Western release.

Sooooo, since I'm not yet able to make new threads, I'll just have to ask here (please bare with me): I've always been interested in playing the Fatal Frame series; the first two games in the series have been ported to multiple platforms, though. Now: which is the preferred way to play these titles? PS2? Or Xbox? FF2 is also on the Wii (I live in Europe, btw), should I consider playing that version? I hear the change to an over-the-shoulder camera + use of motion controls was pretty polarizing - what are your thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance, brahs.

Yuri is quite brave. If I have to go into the pitch black woods extremely late at night armed with only a torch you'd better believe I'll layer myself with as many clothes as possible.

casiopao

Sooooo, since I'm not yet able to make new threads, I'll just have to ask here (please bare with me): I've always been interested in playing the Fatal Frame series; the first two games in the series have been ported to multiple platforms, though. Now: which is the preferred way to play these titles? PS2? Or Xbox? FF2 is also on the Wii (I live in Europe, btw), should I consider playing that version? I hear the change to an over-the-shoulder camera + use of motion controls was pretty polarizing - what are your thoughts on this?

I would say, I like the wii version more here. Never played xbox one though.

The wii version plays better and actually looks better compared to ps2 ones. Not suprising considering the time of release.^_^

1 on PS2/PSN, with an Xbox up-port.
2 on PS2/PSN, with an Xbox up-port.
3 on PS3/PSN.
4 on Wii has an easy to apply fan translation.
Spirit Camera on 3DS.
2 Remake on Wii, only in Europe, but it's easy to play on any console region with homebrew.
1-3 on PSN

or play 2R on Wii

4 I gave up lol

Spirit camera is trash.

wrowa

Why so surprised? The whole series has been pretty good outside of Spirit Camera. They have lower-end budgets but are still engrossing and unique gameplay experiences. Fatal Frame IV and Deep Crimson Butterfly I heard were pretty good too.

Even Spirit Camera has some really nice graphics in the few instances where you dont have to deal with the pain in the ass AR gimmicks.

Honestly though, I don't even think that Project Zero 5 looks that much better than the remake of 2. It's of course much crisper, but the asset quality was already top-notch on the Wii and I don't think they've changed much here. Of course, they added some really great-looking water effects and such that further improve the look of the game, but I do think that it has the feel of a Wii game running in Dolphin to a certain degree. Which is not a bad thing at all, though, since the developers are delivering a pretty fine-looking game with a limited budget. It's actually crazy how good it looks, considering that the series never sold all that well in Japan to begin with.

Fady K

Game looks wonderful. Nintendo would be unbelievably stupid if they did not localize this as their WiiU has three noteworthy exclusives coming out for the rest of the whole year IMO. This could be the fourth!

Percy

Banned
Really kept this announcement quiet until the last minute if that's the release date. Looks good, but the main character design seems a bit weird somehow.

Now it's waiting game time to see if it's coming westward.

FF5 is not pushing visuals far beyond FF2 remake imo it is just focused on playing with water and making cloth wet and rain on skin, ah yeah wet hair so I'll let it slide

a wet Yuri is okay in 1080p

wrowa

Damn this looks good. Praying for NoE to do the right thing again...

(Or, you know, NLC just letting Tecmo Koei US/EU handle it)

Question is if TK is even interested in bringing it over, though. :x

But honestly, I kinda fear that we might be getting a westernized version of the game that's more similar to the upcoming Hollywood movie. Bye bye, cute asian girls.

Top Bottom