• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNatural

My Member!
Father of the year.

(CNN) -- A Texas father caught a man sexually assaulting his 4-year-old daughter and punched him in the head repeatedly, killing him, authorities said.

The father was casually acquainted with the alleged abuser, said Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon.

Neither has been publicly identified.

The girl was left inside the family's house during the social gathering, while other members of her family were tending to horses, the sheriff said.

The alleged abuser was known for his horse-grooming abilities, Harmon said.

The father returned to the house, caught the man in the act, and stopped him by striking him in the head several times, Harmon said.

The man was pronounced dead on the scene, while the daughter was taken to a local hospital in Victoria, Texas, for examinations before being released.
The incident took place Saturday.

Harmon described the girl as "OK besides the obvious mental trauma."

Asked whether they would press charges against the father, the sheriff responded, "You have a right to defend your daughter. He acted in defense of his third person. Once the investigation is completed we will submit it to the district attorney who then submits it to the grand jury, who will decide if they will indict him."

Harmon described the dad as "very remorseful," adding that he didn't know the man was going to die.

Authorities were withholding the deceased man's name while they notified next of kin. Officials did not know immediately if he has a prior criminal history.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/11/justice/texas-abuser-killed/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

justifieddbbvi.jpg

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
The daughter is 4 years old?

I'm not saying the father was right, but I understand.

Clydefrog

Sexually assaulting his 4 year old daughter. Yeah, I would’ve bashed the guy's head in too if I saw that happening to my 4 year old.

Speevy

Banned
Somebody in this thread is going to defend this. There is a defense force for everything.

Everyone in this thread has been okay with it so far.

I don't know anyone on Neogaf who is okay with sexual abuse. If they are, they need to be locked away.

Gattsu25

Banned
I have no problem with this.

I hope the family of the victim (the girl) seek counseling after such a traumatizing experience and I wish them the best.

Pretty damn clear the father didn't go at the guy intending to kill him. He set out to defend his daughter and the piece of shit died in the process. I have no problem with that.

The man was pronounced dead on the scene, while the daughter was taken to a local hospital in Victoria, Texas, for examinations before being released.
The incident took place Saturday.

Doesn't sound like law enforcement would be inclined to prosecute.

But just in case, put this resident of the same county on any potential jury:

bsMo6.jpg

...and the dad will be just fine.

Or put me on that grand jury. I can totally understand that if I walked in on a guy raping my niece I'd have a real hard time knowing when to stop punching him.

Jeff-DSA

Awful situation, but the father shouldn't get any charges. I hope that his daughter can somehow come out of it mentally healthy.

filler

Banned
Seems like that would be every fathers worst nightmare, how would any man be able to stop themselves from doing the same in that situation?

Makoto

From the thread title, I was expecting the daughter to be a teen. Not that it really makes a difference but as soon as I saw "4-year-old," I just got angrier at the offender.

The deceased man deserved his punishment imo. I wish they could withhold his name indefinitely though. No reason to make his family suffer for his crimes.

Makoto said:
From the thread title, I was expecting the daughter to be a teen. Not that it really makes a difference but as soon as I saw "4-year-old," I just got angrier at the offender.

Me too. Thought it would be like a 16 yr old and a 30 yr old or something.

Majmun

I can get behind this one. I'm usualy against all murder.

But his death will probably prevent further child abuse. That's why I'm OK with this.

Gaborn

COMPLETELY understandable and justifiable reaction. I was worried the daughter would be older and there was a gap where he could have thought about it and had a chance to call police. Since it happened the way it apparently did I can't blame the dad one bit.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
The daughter is 4 years old?

I'm not saying the father was right, but I understand.

Indeed. Can't imagine how much strength it would be to hold back that kind of blood lust or manic feelings. I don't think I'd be able to do it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom