• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murder is premeditated or planned.

In most jurisdictions murder doesn't require pre-meditation. That's usually what separates first and second degree murder.

By the letter of the law?

This is a pretty clear Manslaughter case.. that he probably would never be convicted of because of the subjective nature of him seeing his 4 year old being abused, and the fact that he did only punch the guy a few times.

But legally, killing someone in the heat of passion who didn't need to be killed for protection is manslaughter in most jurisdictions. But due to the specifics of the case; likely no charges will ever be filed.

A couple of punches cn kill someone in certain circumstances. Would you punch someone for raping your child? I would. That isn't some itg shit, I just would. But like the father, actually killing someone would weigh on me pretty heavily.

That's the thing - killing someone isn't as trivial as it is on TV.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Can't believe all the people here are okay with murder. You don't kill another human being, unless there absolutely is no other way. You aren't going to tell me the guy who was doing the abusing was unconscious before he died. The father should have left it at that.

It took 86 posts.

SamuraiX-

Asked whether they would press charges against the father, the sheriff responded, "You have a right to defend your daughter. He acted in defense of his third person.

Right. Fucking. On. Hopefully the DA and grand jury don't fuck this up. He did exactly what any father on this planet would have and should have done. One of the most disgusting crimes a person can commit.

A couple of punches cn kill someone in certain circumstances. Would you punch someone for raping your child? I would. That isn't some itg shit, I just would. But like the father, actually killing someone would weigh on me pretty heavily.

That's true. We'll probably never know whether that was the case or not. I'm just not a fan of people dying, especially when there may have been other options.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
It's clear that the father didn't even intend (as rational as it's possible to be at that moment) to kill the man. This one is chalked up to sheer stupidity and misadventure on the part of the molester in question. (Besides, of course, the fact that he was a child molester.)

You attack a child for ANY reason in front of the parent, you face the law of the jungle. That's as sure a way of putting your life in the line of fire as jumping off a bridge or running into traffic.

Murder is still murder. Laws are still laws. He shouldn't have killed the guy.

Can't believe all the people here are okay with murder. You don't kill another human being, unless there absolutely is no other way. You aren't going to tell me the guy who was doing the abusing was unconscious before he died. The father should have left it at that.

There's the defense force. I don't know whether to be sad that there is one here, or surprised that it took almost a hundred posts for it to arrive.

pigeon

Banned
Nope. Don't get in fist fights, people.

The human body and head is much more resilient than you would believe.

This is why averages are so unhelpful. The reality is that people have died from getting hit in the chest with a baseball and other people have survived falling out of airplanes -- the deviation from the mean, in terms of how fatal an injury is to you, is enormous. Most of the time getting punched in the face won't kill you and getting shot in the head will -- but it's not guaranteed either way.

There's a complete difference between what happened in this story and premeditated killing, In the most brutal fashion. And feelings I don't understand? Really?

Do you have a child? If not then you would not understamd the paternal protectoon mode that goes into effect asap. The guy did what any dad would do, including yours. Don't fuck with a man's child.

Not like he stabbed him or shot him as he ran away. It was in defense and whilst some rage was likely involved it was a defensive reaction protect his daaghter. Not only did he stop the assault continuing but he enure the assailant was unable to cause him or his daughter any harm. After all its not something you get caught doing then put your hands out ready for the cuffs!

The guy acted to protect his daughter and in a way that was fully within the law; as I say he didn't catch him then conspire to murder him (needed for a murder charge); and manslaughter doesn't come under the circumstances as yes he did kill him without meaning to but not in a way thats beyond 'self defense' (e.g. tying him up then stabbing him repeatedly). Anyone else would have had a similar reaction.

No idea why people thing this is beyond obvious defense, he was a danger to the daughter and then the father when he found him abusing his daughter. He stopped the abuse. The man died. The father would likely have wanted this guy either shamed or to know why he did what he did.

Seems pretty much an obvious end to some rather horrible events.

There's the defense force. I don't know whether to be sad that there is one here, or surprised that it took almost a hundred posts for it to arrive.

There are far worse things to be sad about then those who are over-sensitive on the "justifiable homicide" topic.

IMO at least.

Unless someone wants to actually justify fondling a 4 year old girl, I won't find the "defense force" in a thread like this sad or disturbing either way.. they are well meaning people, who just don't think it's right to kill, even for clear revenge.

Dizzy

Banned
This guy called the cops: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=407443&highlight=sexual+abuse+calls+cops

But I'm okay with how this situation went down.

I think the main difference is one guy was caught in the act, and so the father started punching him out of anger and obviously and most likely accidentally went a bit too far. With this one....there wasn't any immediate threat so it gives a small chance that the impulsive aggression won't kick in. I think most would have beaten the old guy to death though. He probably knew that too which is why he asked him to call the cops.

Personally I wouldn't set out to murder a guy but yeah I'd probably just snap and throw punch after punch at him. I can't even begin to imagine the kind of anger a father would feel upon seeing that. There was a story like this a few years back with a European boxer finding his son being raped by someone.

"Hey, you. You, guy. Stop raping my daughter, please."

You can be sarcastic all you want..

But you think this wouldn't have stopped the dude?

Give me a break.. what is he gonna do.. "Oh hey dude, give me a minute, I'm just raping your daughter, unless you physically assault me I will continue, then I'll go groom some horses."

The "attack" on the daughter would likely have stopped without ANY other violence occuring.

(note: I really really hope no DA tries to press charges against this guy, I'm just saying.. it's a bit facetious to actually claim this was some necessary self defense, and by the letter of the law, he likely committed a crime)

Salvadora

Do you have a child? If not then you would not understamd the paternal protectoon mode that goes into effect asap. The guy did what any dad would do, including yours. Don't fuck with a man's child.

That's a little different from taking a blowtorch to him or cutting him up.

That's true. We'll probably never know whether that was the case or not. I'm just not a fan of people dying, especially when there may have been other options.
There may, in a vaccuum, be other options, but if this happened to me, I would make it stop in a very forceful manner, the long-term would be out the window. I really would not be thinking.

There are far worse things to be sad about then those who are over-sensitive on the "justifiable homicide" topic.

IMO at least.

Unless someone wants to actually justify fondling a 4 year old girl, I won't find the "defense force" in a thread like this sad or disturbing either way.. they are well meaning people, who just don't think it's right to kill, even for clear revenge.

This wasn't "revenge." He didn't even intend to kill the guy. This was catching a man in the act of raping your daughter. This was acting in defense of a little girl in which the scum died.

DR2K

Banned
Better he kill him now instead of this guy going through the system costing us money, then repeat offending on another innocent child.

Somebody in this thread is going to defend this. There is a defense force for everything.

Murder is still murder. Laws are still laws. He shouldn't have killed the guy.

There we go! Surprised it didn't happen on the first page though.

Omikaru

He obviously didn't want to kill the guy -- and the paedo shouldn't have died, but been held to account for his crimes -- but the father shouldn't be punished for it.

I think even the most composed of individuals would see red if they walked in on what he did. Call it what you want -- momentary madness, temporary insanity, diminished responsibility, or something else -- the guy obviously wasn't in the right state to make a sound and balanced judgement; he was angry and acting to protect his daughter who was being abused right in front of him. It's not like he saw red and battered some guy who was shagging his wife, he was actively protecting a vulnerable third party. That's got to count for something in his favour.

It's an unfortunate way for it to end, but there we go. I'm not gonna be sad that someone died committing such an awful crime, but it's a shame he died before he could be held responsible for what he'd done.

Better he kill him now instead of this guy going through the system costing us money, then repeat offending on another innocent child.
Who knows if he hasn't already abused other children? Now he's dead, it will be considerably harder for the authorities to track any other potential victims down.

Plus, you know, justice trumps the cost of dispensing it.

Ferrio

Banned
It's a shame the guy died, but it didn't seem like it was intentional.

If the father hunted down this guy and killed him after the fact, then it'd be a different story.

This wasn't "revenge." This was catching a man in the act of raping your daughter. This was acting in defense of a little girl in which the scum died.

What he did was most likely out of anger, not actually in "defense."

You don't need to beat someone to death to stop a rape from ocurring.

IMO, it's revenge. IMO it's justified revenge.. technically under the law? There is no such thing.. hence why despite this probably fairly easily fitting a manslaughter charge, the DA will be subjective and decide not to press charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom