• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February 2013 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes March 11

iOAyvoPaqtL9D.png

MGR didn't do so hot I guess.

The game did really well WW.

xzhhsal6vuf2.gif

Predictions are over. :p

The 360 numbers are already revealed.

yep! lol. look at my edited post. My 360 numbers were waaay to low. I'm sure my PS3 numbers were to low as well.

Wii was the top selling console among PS3, 360, and Wii for 23 straight months. However, in those 23 straight months, it outsold #2 each month by a combined by 7.1m, whereas for the 25 previous months of 360 being #1, it outsold #2 each month by a combined 4.4m. Also, the overall market is down in 360's top period than it was in Wii's top period. In Wii's 23 straight #1 months, it sold 16.6m, whereas in 360's 26 straight #1 months, it has sold 13.1m, for comparison.

So MS has been top dog longer than Nintendo this gen? Weird gen indeed, would never have guessed.

Bruno MB

Fire Emblem: Awakening in the Top 10 would be great, but I don't think it will be easy with the current format. It would probably need to sell around 200,000 units. Last February Twisted Metal charted 9th with 221.000.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Sorry if old.
MS PR said:
Xbox 360 sold 302,000 units in February – marking the 26th consecutive month as the number-one selling console in the U.S. (Source: NPD Group, February 2013)

February 2013 NPD highlights:
· Holding 41 percent share of current-generation console sales, Xbox 360 sold 302,000 units in February, maintaining the number-one console spot in the U.S. (Source: NPD Group, February 2013)

· Total retail spend on the Xbox 360 platform in February (hardware, software and accessories) was the most for any console in the U.S. (Source: NPD Group, February 2013)

· During the month of February, Xbox 360 held five of the top 10 console game titles including: “Crysis 3,” “Aliens: Colonial Marines,” “Dead Space 3,” “Call of Duty: Black Ops II” and “NBA 2K13.” (Source: NPD Group, February 2013)

This spring, Xbox 360 continues to bring incredible offerings to consumers. Available for a limited time, the new Spring Value Bundle includes a 250GB Xbox 360, wireless controller, wired headset, “Darksiders II” and “Batman: Arkham City” for $299 – showcasing the expansive reach of entertainment and gaming available on Xbox 360.

The highly anticipated “Gears of War: Judgment,” developed exclusively for Xbox 360 by Epic Games and People Can Fly, launches next week on Tuesday, March 19. The “Gears of War” series is one of the most popular franchises in Xbox history, having sold more than 19 million games worldwide, and spawning New York Times-bestselling novels, toys, collectibles, graphic novels and more.

UberTag

Yep, sales in mainland Europe and Japan have more than helped boost Revengeance's stock even if it ultimately fails to connect with audiences in North America.

UberTag

Dead Space 3 = MEGA BOMBA if those games in Microsoft's PR are listed in rankings order.
It had two extra weeks in stores to sell over Crysis 3 and one extra week over critical disaster Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Fire Emblem: Awakening in the Top 10 would be great, but I don't think it will be easy with the current format. It would probably need to sell around 200,000 units. Last February Twisted Metal charted 9th with 221.000.
FE: Awakening is held back due to 3DS system bundles, retail supply issues and its clear success as a digital purchase... but I did predict either it or Sly would break through into the Top 10 as a surprise. Seems like both may have done that now.

Raide

What are the WW number for the 360 at currently?

Really interested to see what happens to the 360 once Durango gets unveiled. I hope MS drop the price to $99 or $120 and still keep selling it like mad alongside the Durango.

Dead Space 3 = MEGA BOMBA if those games in Microsoft's PR are listed in rankings order.
It had two extra weeks in stores to sell over Crysis 3 and one extra week over critical disaster Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Dead Dpace 4 canceled

No one like microtransactions

daxgame

I'd be extremely surprised if Fire Emblem has made good numbers. Demand looks OK, but I think the game was undershipped.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Looks like WiiU might have a good chance at 100k if that 41% comment is on track and the Wii didn't do some crazy random bump.

Road

Sorry if old.
· During the month of February, Xbox 360 held five of the top 10 console game titles including: “Crysis 3,” “Aliens: Colonial Marines,” “Dead Space 3,” “Call of Duty: Black Ops II” and “NBA 2K13.” (Source: NPD Group, February 2013)

MGR had better have made 90% of its sales on the PS3 or else...

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
So Wii, Wii U, and PS3 sold 453,000 units combined

Assuming 41% marketshare means units sold

It says "Holding 41 percent share of current-generation console sales..."

So either these numbers don't include the Wii U or ...

:p

UberTag

:p
Microsoft's current-gen console sales PR logic last month included the Wii U in that calculation.

All eyes on Wii U numbers again this month. If i remember correctly, we found out it's sales within an hour of the thread going up. That was after we got some confusing inflated numbers though.

donny2112

We worked it out last month that they're including the Wii U. No, they're not being picky to define a "generation," so don't stir up stuff about it. :p

Raide

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
...Effectively, 41% being referred to PS3, Wii and Wii U could mean Wii U is higher than expected. In the case, that Gamasutra report would become pretty interesting for analysing next January NPD datas.

UberTag

...Effectively, 41% being referred to PS3, Wii and Wii U could mean Wii U is higher than expected. In the case, that Gamasutra report would become pretty interesting for analysing next January NPD datas.
Looks like return stock depression post-holiday is definitely a thing we can count on going forward unless a newly launched system is severely supply-constrained.
Props to Gamasutra for doing their homework on this one.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.

Proving that 50k WiiU's were returned is kinda a bit of a holy shit really. You can't buy the "all from scalpers" slant, so thats a lot of ill will and dissatisfaction for a new platform.

Top Bottom