• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA Women's World Cup 2011 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buckethead said:
Wow Kate... you think the USA wants to play the team down 3-1?

YA THINK?
the xcommentators for ESPN have been bad across the board. Earlier on in the tournament, they spent 10 mins talking about Germany and the USA in another game that neither was playing

MPW

magnificent83 said:
the xcommentators for ESPN have been bad across the board. Earlier on in the tournament, they spent 10 mins talking about Germany and the USA in another game that neither was playing

bwhahaha so bad

usa will win final due to their good crossing and wambach's height

Credo

Glad to see that Japan made it to the final. I'm still pulling for the US, but at least now it won't kill me if we're beaten. If we had to lose to someone, I'd want it to be Japan after their country got rocked a few months ago.

With that said, go USA!

xintin

magnificent83 said:
I could not comprehend what she was talking about when she was said Japan don't have a goal scoring threat. Guess she just forgot they have the leading goalscorer of the tournament in Sawa :lol

Anyways, US/Japan final looks great. Missed the US game today due to class, thank god the final is on a Sunday :)

Best thing from Sweden team

42074.jpg

jessica-landstrom-01.jpg

0306e396103a6aa0a3de8be14d3d6494-getty-_.jpg

Jessica-Landstroem-gr.jpg

God I can't wait for Sunday....

Anyone remember May 18th or so???

demosthenes said:
Oh god, all the facebook status updates from people that watch soccer 1 day every 2-4 years, ugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh.

werddddddddddddd

Depends on how the refs call it/who calls it.
The crew that called USA/France was great.

If the refs get cunty and call fouls on the US for being bigger and stronger than Japzn that will be a darn shame.

nbraun80

magnificent83 said:
hey now, say what you want about most of them, but don't lump Ian Darke in there. He's awesome, and one of the few commentators in any sport that I enjoy listening to.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Japan totally styled on Sweden (their fast and reckless style just backfired against the more technical squad from Japan), but it's still the matchup the US needed to see. The US women gave up size and speed versus Sweden, a fatal combo.

Expect Coach Sundhage to prepare a physical game for Sunday. There's no way we will concede 62% of the 1st half possession.
natedog4000 said:
hey now, say what you want about most of them, but don't lump Ian Darke in there. He's awesome, and one of the few commentators in any sport that I enjoy listening to.
Preach. Sir Ian is pure class.

"FIFA has already met with a North Korean delegation and heard arguments that the steroids were accidentally taken with traditional Chinese medicines based on musk deer glands to treat players who had been struck by lightning on June 8 during a training camp in North Korea."

lol say that again?

USD

Wow, so close.
alex chilton said:
"FIFA has already met with a North Korean delegation and heard arguments that the steroids were accidentally taken with traditional Chinese medicines based on musk deer glands to treat players who had been struck by lightning on June 8 during a training camp in North Korea."

lol say that again?
At least they came prepared with an excuse, lol.

alex chilton said:

lol say that again?
wow.

Henry is a d-bag I hope his feet fall off.
A mere mention of his name makes my blood boil.

Le Sommer can holler.

Go Sweden.

That is all.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
alex chilton said:

lol say that again?

that could possibly the best sentence ever constructed.

24FrameDaVinci said:
It really is, these girls play with so much passion, I love it.
Yeah, and I will be honest here. Before the WC started I was like "lol, women and football, c'mon. I will just wait until men start playing again.". Now I really can't wait for tomorrow's final match. It's really exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom