• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably because of the belt witch and the demon furry :p
Wut. I am not a furry.

Also, I mean the opening scene where Sin attacks the stadium.

ESAM's character ranking of the Smash 4 roster.

https://twitter.com/PG_ESAM/status/668825357156388866

Can't say I disagree with these choices. A lot of these are where I would put them currently.
How did I and up falling in love with Mewtwo, Bowser, and Jiggs? Lol

Shit, now I can't claim Ike is low tier?
You could never claim that.

Starting with Nesica card, I've noticed that scanning my card at the arcade takes a long time to register compared to what I see in JP matches lol. Probably the infrastructure here combined with the whole US server thing. Took awhile for me to make a nesica account and a BBCF account. People keep saying Japan's so ahead of the world in technology, but stuff like their websites say otherwise. BB site didn't even use a text field to hide my nesica password, while the boxes below asking for my BB password did lol

I only played people on my last visit since I went at night, so no Nine. Game's largely based on CP, so the honeymoon phase is just me being thankful on getting to play it early. The game feels solid so far (until something bad gets discovered). According to SKD, combo damage is relatively similar to CP. The difference is a shorter combo timer, but an increase on base damage.

I played a bit of Naoto without any training mode against players. Naoto looks like some MC shoto, but he's actually extremely technical. This is coming from someone that's using Rachel and Carl. That doesn't mean he's harder, but there's just no avoiding the learning curve. Lots of microdashing to enhance his specials, but he's really fun and hype. I couldn't even get one proper BnB that I've seen in vids in a real match so I settled for just confirms into rekka or anti air into air ender. But from vids, looks like I can do 2C 6D into enhanced Rekkas into followup if in corner.

Carl is really really good in this game. I will miss Con Tenerezza dearly for resets, but he's overall strong. Con Fuoco wallbounce is really hard to confirm for me right now. If they get hit later in the move, the wallbounce isn't as strong either. 4D changed into a one hit Con Tenerezza and isn't too bad. Air hit grants a hard knockdown that you can juggle off of. 2D is no longer a high, so he lost one unblockable, but the multi-swipe move is good. The slashes just don't all combo iirc if it's too late in a combo. Doll dies really fast in this game, however. 3 hits or so is enough to take it down. Also since SMP is changed, you have to be careful to not go crazy and use up doll meter too much.

Rachel is the same on rushdown but really really different in neutral. Rushdown she does the same thing. Her combos for wind regen aren't as amazing as 1.0/1.1, but I see the potential for some with her 6A and jC changes. Her new move is Ivy Blossom. Think of it as Sim's V Trigger, but it's a coffin where bats come out. Not good for screen control, and the bats are slightly scattered midscreen unfortunately. If the bats are where they are, it drains life (but doesn't give it to Rachel), so it's basically like a poison. Great oki tool in the corner against opponents without DP. There are some combos that have Ivy Blossom midcombo, but it's no P4U2 Venom Zapper. I've yet to see if the Ivy combo does more damage than the 6C jC route.

Neutral for her is really awkward now with the loss of pumpkin. Pumpkin was basically like what Millia's hair pin was. Rachel isn't allowed to seize control easily with just wind and pumpkin anymore. She also has to be careful on setting lobelia and frog since pumpkin can't cover her. Ivy Blossom was her replacement move for CF, but it doesn't function the same purpose. However, they buffed lotus in CPEX and buffed it even more in BBCF. In CPEX, you can make the lobelias explode into bats that can attach to an opponent. The bats made your wind a lot strong and you can detonate the bat with Sword Iris. CF made the recovery and startup way way shorter on lotus, making it way more viable in neutral. People are still figuring it out, but it seems like Rachel will have to rely on lotus buffs this version. Make it hard for them to get in like XrdR Jack-O, but make sword iris a constant threat.

That's pretty much my impressions of the characters I played most. I've played Rachel since CT, but the loss of pumpkin hasn't sat too well with me. Arcades cost money, so I'm going to explore other characters until people discover more things with her. Carl's my backup since he's my other character that I use and he's looking really good. I'll mess with Izayoi next time since I think the buffs she got were pretty ridiculous. She's a character that keeps getting underrepresented that gets more and more buffs.

It helped Robin, but Robin was good for a long time. Some people just had no idea what they were talking about. My friend's pretty much the one paving the way for Robin, so I've been able to see and understand how good this character's been for quite some time.

Ike got the Izayoi treatment.
except BBCF Izayoi's pretty godlike
Thank you for this!

MrDaravon

I'm still stuck in the vortex of having a Hori FC4 but I don't have any fighting games on PS3/4, and I can't decide if getting 3rd Strike on PS3 or getting Ultra on PS4 would be better warmup for SFV, so I wind up buying neither and playing other stuff lol. PC gaming isn't an option atm, so fightcade/Ultra on PC is a no-go.

5hxrg0h.gif

Umechan with that rudeboy tech

That is fucking ridiculous.

Dahbomb

We are talking about fighting games. America is amazing when it comes to teamwork. But get one guy on his own and that ALL OR NOTHING GOTTA BE THE BEST DON'T HELP OTHERS PASS ME EVER CANT RISK IT, mentality comes out.
Yeah I added the 3rd line in there. American FGC isn't living up to its potential.

Lots of scrub mentalities still plague the minds of the top players. Instead of giving props to another top player they would just rather call them random or blame it on the character/match up.

Guys quick question, for those who own HORI Real Arcade Pro 4 Kai stick whats the verdict on it? I'm thinking about buying a stick for ps4 and madcatz is out of the question since the price increased to 229 so i was thinking about trying hori. Are the kuro buttons good?

Tripon

Guys quick question, for those who own HORI Real Arcade Pro 4 Kai stick whats the verdict on it? I'm thinking about buying a stick for ps4 and madcatz is out of the question since the price increased to 229 so i was thinking about trying hori. Are the kuro buttons good?

I tested out a Hori stick the other week. They felt fine to me, but they're certainly not as sensitive as the Sanwa buttons that Madcatz uses.

Also, Shun posted that Hori is scrapping the current Kuro buttons for the "Hayabusa" buttons which is basically the next generation of Hori buttons. Don't know when and if they make it to their regular fighting sticks.

I tested out a Hori stick the other week. They felt fine to me, but they're certainly not as sensitive as the Sanwa buttons that Madcatz uses.

Also, Shun posted that Hori is scrapping the current Kuro buttons for the "Hayabusa" buttons which is basically the next generation of Hori buttons. Don't know when and if they make it to their regular fighting sticks.

I guess swapping out the kuro for sawna isnt out of the question, hopefully it's easy i've never modded a stick before.

Who thinks Smash is kusoge? :p

Stick has no resistance at all. Like a puck in air hockey. Somewhat bad for my execution.

Buttons have very little resistance. I can't feel the difference anymore.

MvC3 does kinda suck. It was boring as fuck at EVO.
I liked it.

Who thinks Smash is kusoge? :p

Stick has no resistance at all. Like a puck in air hockey. Somewhat bad for my execution.

Some people do. I'm not one of them but people throw shade at Smash on the regular.

I remember on cross counter people were still calling Smash a party game even after it made its name at EVO as a tourney game.

Dahbomb

MVC3 at EVO 2015 was great. It was cool to see newer players shine at the big stage. Could've had a better grand final but the top 8 had some great matches. And of course the blow outs before top 8. It was also the most international top 8 for a VS series ever.

People are going to look back in the history books for MVC3's EVO run, look at EVO 2015 and be like "wtf happened here?"

Dahbomb

I think the fact there were new people beating the old guard as a great thing, I just don't find MVC3 fun to watch. I'm not big on playing it either.
That's fine but the people who follow the game still enjoyed that EVO and the results. Well unless you were the old guard that were bopped then you went on social media to throw shade at the champion.

It was a rude awakening to say the least.

Malice215

MVC3 boring at EVO? The top 8 at EVO and the tears/salt before top 8 were thoroughly enjoyable. Plus the salt from KBR winning still burns on Twitter.

Round Robin stats from Topanga League, Online Gods Garden, etc... (no playoff rounds):

Daigo
  • FT2: 2nd, 1st
  • FT3: 1st, 6th, 1st, 2nd, 1st, 1st, 1st
  • Long set: 3rd, 5th, 7th, 2nd, 2nd, 5th, 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st

Momochi
  • FT2: 1st
  • 6th, 8th, 9th, 4th, 5th, 5th
  • Long set: 5th, 6th, 8th, 9th, 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd

Sako rest in rip
  • FT3: 2nd, 2nd, 6th, 8th, 1st, 2nd
  • Long set: 1st, 2nd, 1st, 3rd, 1st, 10th, 3rd, 4th

Bonchan
  • FT3: 9th, 4th, 6th, 10th, 2nd
  • Long set: 10th, 4th, 5th, 1st, 3rd, 4th, 7th, 2nd

MrDaravon

Outside of KBR winning and gods getting knocked out before top 8 I legit already can't even remember what happened in Marvel this year at Evo. I think I'm going to go back and watch that tonight. I remember previous years pretty well so I dunno if I just really wasn't paying attention this year or what.

Dahbomb

Outside of KBR winning and gods getting knocked out before top 8 I legit already can't even remember what happened in Marvel this year at Evo. I think I'm going to go back and watch that tonight. I remember previous years pretty well so I dunno if I just really wasn't paying attention this year or what.
Best single moment was RayRay against Neo when it was pixel Magneto against Dark Phoenix. RayRay avoided the chip with superlative movement and then was able to hit Dark Phoenix through all her projectiles coming down with j.S. It was deemed the "gift from god".

https://youtu.be/AH9InDq3TI0?t=3m51s

CurlyW

I mean, I can't remember most Top 8s at Evo apart from the craziest moments, regardless of game. How many people remember anything from the Evo 2011 MvC3 top 8 other than PR Rog's Tron Bonne level 3?

Dahbomb

I mean, I can't remember most Top 8s at Evo apart from the craziest moments, regardless of game. How many people remember anything from the Evo 2011 MvC3 top 8 other than PR Rog's Tron Bonne level 3?
Outside of that GF it was a pretty weak top 8 for the game, I liked that AE top 8 better that year.

There was another moment in that top 8 when PRRog perfected Justin Wong and S-Kill's mind went into shock.

qGxFh.png

MrDaravon

Marvel is dead
on the official Evo Youtube channel for 2015

hTMr1sX.png

Was hoping to find a top 16 or top 32 playlist, finding lots of individual matches outside of top 8 but nothing super organized, found a couple of playlists but they're missing specific upsets I think.

It was a weak top 8 b/c the top 32 or w/e wasnt even streamed. Got relegated to sfxtk status at that point

Oh god is that why? That's probably why I don't remember much and why it's not on their channel lol. No top 8 on their channel at least on their channel is still hilarious though.

Was FChamp eliminated off stream then? That's the one specific match I thought was "missing", but maybe it just wasn't on stream?

jbug617

Banned
Aksys is running their own tournament.

@aksysgames: Anime Ascension, our first foray into tournament hosting is GO! Go here for info about pot bonuses pre-reg and more! https://t.co/AByXo5RtlA

@aksysgames: #AnimeAscension will be Sunday, Feb 28th at the UCI Student Center! Special thanks to @MadCatz, @Dlink, @ARCSY_Ev@ARCSY_Event and @FG_UCI!

@aksysgames: In addition, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- will be playable at the event! Are you not pleased?! #pleasebepleased #AnimeAscension

@aksysgames: One last thing for #AnimeAscension, save some cash by registering early! Need more info? Go here: https://t.co/fH1ryI8blN

Kumubou

DLink sponsoring an anime-only FG tournament? Someone over there really must like their anime fighters.... I like this trend, though. It shows that the communities can stand on their own (although I would never advise walking from majors where the TOs have been historically supportive).

I'm only salty about mvc3 at evo because I couldn't find the betting guys before top 8 started. I was ready to bet it all on KBR and would've walked out of the ballroom several hundred dollaridoos richer.

CurlyW

Outside of that GF it was a pretty weak top 8 for the game, I liked that AE top 8 better that year.

There was another moment in that top 8 when PRRog perfected Justin Wong and S-Kill's mind went into shock.

The only other thing I remember from that top 8 was Justin vs. Noel in losers quarters, Noel switching to Phoenix after losing game 1, and the guilty look on his face when he won game 2 and avoided glancing in Justin's direction, lol.

Infinite

The only other thing I remember from that top 8 was Justin vs. Noel in losers quarters, Noel switching to Phoenix after losing game 1, and the guilty look on his face when he won game 2 and avoided glancing in Justin's direction, lol.
lmao I remember that. Noel looked like he broke Justin's gameboy and was hoping he ain't find out it was him

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
EVO was great from all aspects. Every game has some story behind it. Mango losing his throne, KBR being the first outsider to win Marvel, Wusoge's idiocy making ESPN, etc. Everybody comes out for the EVO threads and disappear when it's over.

EVO was great from all aspects. Every game has some story behind it. Mango losing his throne, KBR being the first outsider to win Marvel, Woshige's idiocy making ESPN, etc. Everybody comes out for the EVO threads and disappear when it's over.
Woshige's moment was hysterical to be there for

There were some good moments, but projectors mirroring the same smash pools with nowhere to watch GGXrd was frustrating, and top 8 persona 4 ultimax was botched hard. Was a boring top 8, but doesnt excuse the way it was handled

Bleep

I guess swapping out the kuro for sawna isnt out of the question, hopefully it's easy i've never modded a stick before.

I swapped out the kuro buttons with sanwas a few days after getting my HRAP4 Hyabusa, it was pretty easy. I've heard that the kuro buttons get better once you wear them in, but I didn't know that when I first got mine and I didn't like the feel of the kuro buttons.

2014 Top 8 BB was really good and I don't like anime.
2015 Top 8 GG got on ESPN.

2015 Marvel dethroned USA players with Team Big Body.

Purity is an EVO Champ.

El Sloth

Banned
Aksys is running their own tournament.
This is really cool. I hope it's a success. It'll be rad if US players from other regions decide to fly out for it.

Round 1 USA is also gonna be throwing a BBCF tournament on Dec 13th:

https://twitter.com/M8trixMatt/status/668608864338612225

Matthew Legesse
‏@M8trixMatt

Mark your calendars because on December 13th @Round1USA be running a #BBCF tournament. More details coming soon.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom