• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 22-28 | On the Xrd Day of Christmas

casperOne

For this week's FGW Player Spotlight, we will be taking a closer look at the ki within us all, thehadou!

I just want to say that thehadou is one of the people that enables a ton of things in the FGC, many of which you never hear about.

That said, he's done a good amount to help enable OFL, and I'm proud to call him a friend.

Give this man the love he deserves.

Nah not elitist, just an observation that confuses me. You would like to know more about people you regularly converse with in this thread. The posters who do get suggested do post but rarely and infrequently so its not like my curiosity will be satiated through their little blurb because there will be none to begin with.

If one didn't post frequently and was looking for a reason to post more, your post certainly isn't going to encourage them to.

I wanna see Lethal League and other unconventional fighting games have a bit more of a stronger side game/intermission push.

I wonder why streamers/TOs haven't worked together for those kind of intermissions where we see a few side games going on while we wait for the next thingg

Dude, I want to see Lethal League incorporated into the FGC so bad. It's such an awesome game.

Grakl

Hey guys, I'm starting a fighting game club at my school. Any of you have ideas on how to get people out to weekly meeting/events/whatever?

zlatko

Banned
Are we going to get a PS4 Under Night in Birth?

Genuinely interested in that, but I only have a PS4/XB1/PC now. :(

zlatko

Banned
Hey guys, I'm starting a fighting game club at my school. Any of you have ideas on how to get people out to weekly meeting/events/whatever?

Money,Food,Hype.

Offer $100 for a game of your choice, and maybe some other cool prizes for other games? I'd order a ton of free pizza too.

Biggest thing is stay on top of people---maybe make a Facebook page so people get blasts for it, and carve out time for it.

ShinMaruku

I wonder if the fgc has pushed past the delusion that everybody can get tourney ready and split some heads. I remember that from some of Seth's old posts where he said everybody can get to that point. I am not so sure,

mbpm1

Anybody can go to a tourney though, that's tourney ready in a sense. Unless they don't have any in the area.

winning though? depends

ShinMaruku

Anybody can go to a tourney though, that's tourney ready in a sense. Unless they don't have any in the area.

winning though? depends

Mainly the winning part. I find that very dubious.

I under stand there is some power in tricking yourself to think you can do it but some people will hit that wall and quit.

casperOne

There might be some truth to what you're saying, but you can't deny that Yam's post has merit.

I'm not questioning it's merit, so no need to confirm or deny it.

My response is because Yam's statement reads as completely ignoring that not everyone can contribute as often as they'd like. Real world and all that.

It reads of "if you don't post at least this many times, then your contribution isn't important/you're not welcome here". Yams may not want it to read as elitist, but it does.

Malice215

I wonder if the fgc has pushed past the delusion that everybody can get tourney ready and split some heads. I remember that from some of Seth's old posts where he said everybody can get to that point. I am not so sure,

I think the delusion would be thinking that anyone can just come in and complete or have success early without putting the time and work in. Anybody can get tourney ready if that's their goal and they put the work in. Most are just lacking something that keeps them from doing so, make unrealistic goals for themselves, quit when they hit a wall, or don't even try.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
10865006_896846273683537_1562281841_n.jpg

You know you're legit when you can recognize a Hori Fighting Edge and Mad Catz Arcade FightStick V.S. in random anime scenes.

Sigmaah

I gotta cop Xrd and a ps4 stick asap but that's like 220+... So looks like I'm beat on that for a while... Prices of sticks be buggin son.

Rhapsody

Banned
http://photos-b.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t51.2885-15/10865006_896846273683537_1562281841_n.jpg

You know you're legit when you can recognize a Hori Fighting Edge and Mad Catz Arcade FightStick V.S. in random anime scenes.

Oh right, time to watch the last episode of Inou Battle.

Nyoro SF

I'd rather see a PC version myself, but I'm assuming the company in question is rather small and can only focus on one platform.

Kumubou

It's not happening, French Bread never starts working on a console until the next generation is out. You're more likely to see a PC version (which won't happen either because of Reasons).

The anime is only legit if she ends up losing by hitting the DQ button by accident. Why does Hori put the start button where they do on so many of their damn sticks?!?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
It would be a much happier christmas if MadCatz started shipping over seas...

There are things that prevent us from doing so. Especially with licensed products and territory agreements. It sucks but we have to play by the rules. If you really want something you'll have to import it or have someone help you out.

petghost

Banned
Wasn't there also some anime with characters wearing madcatz t shirts? Someone need to make a fighting game anime ala crazy sports anime.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Wasn't there also some anime with characters wearing madcatz t shirts? Someone need to make a fighting game anime ala crazy sports anime.

There have been several anime/manga that have featured the Mad Catz logo/shirts or products. :)

Tik-Tok

What I've gathered from this thread so far is that Yams is mad that no one finds him interesting enough to be featured in the OP that no one reads. Does that about sum it up?

Onemic

It's not happening, French Bread never starts working on a console until the next generation is out. You're more likely to see a PC version (which won't happen either because of Reasons).

The anime is only legit if she ends up losing by hitting the DQ button by accident. Why does Hori put the start button where they do on so many of their damn sticks?!?

It's next to impossible to hit the start button unless you flail your hands wildly on the stick or something.

Kumubou

It's next to impossible to hit the start button unless you flail your hands wildly on the stick or something.
If you slide back and forth to mash (like you're playing MvC2), it's very possible to hit it by accident. Or maybe I'm just a flailing idiot -- it's probably both.

Onemic

If you slide back and forth to mash (like you're playing MvC2), it's very possible to hit it by accident. Or maybe I'm just a flailing idiot -- it's probably both.

HRAP4 solves that potential issue though. They added a tournament mode like in their FE's

If only they didnt add those faulty Kuro's.

Horseress

There are things that prevent us from doing so. Especially with licensed products and territory agreements. It sucks but we have to play by the rules. If you really want something you'll have to import it or have someone help you out.

It sucks, but I understand =/

Azure J

Played a long bit of For Glory after finishing my finals for the semester (fuck YES) and ran into a Pikachu that put the fear of god into me. Diddy Kong is fucking Wesker in the face of that rat's Zero. The little guy even has zoop zoop's (if you aren't ready for Quick Attack/up B's trajectories, get ready to leave violated) and buster cancels (Neutral special into Up Special)!

At the same time, I think I'm getting better at Smash 4 Marth. I didn't realize how godlike crouch tilt really was in this game.

kirblar

I think the delusion would be thinking that anyone can just come in and complete or have success early without putting the time and work in. Anybody can get tourney ready if that's their goal and they put the work in. Most are just lacking something that keeps them from doing so, make unrealistic goals for themselves, quit when they hit a wall, or don't even try.
You cannot simple create the reaction speeds necessary for top-tier play out of nowhere. If you don't have them, more training isn't going to develop your capability for them.

Shouta

You cannot simple create the reaction speeds necessary for top-tier play out of nowhere. If you don't have them, more training isn't going to develop your capability for them.

More training would help you recognize the situation that would necessitate reacting that fast though.

Played a long bit of For Glory after finishing my finals for the semester (fuck YES) and ran into a Pikachu that put the fear of god into me. Diddy Kong is fucking Wesker in the face of that rat's Zero. The little guy even has zoop zoop's (if you aren't ready for Quick Attack/up B's trajectories, get ready to leave violated) and buster cancels (Neutral special into Up Special)!

At the same time, I think I'm getting better at Smash 4 Marth. I didn't realize how godlike crouch tilt really was in this game.

you're reaching way too hard for the Marvel comparisons lol

What I've gathered from this thread so far is that Yams is mad that no one finds him interesting enough to be featured in the OP that no one reads. Does that about sum it up?

no Dominicans allowed in OP

all they would talk about is platanos and mortal kombat

More training would help you recognize the situation that would necessitate reacting that fast though.

yea training can help with streamlining your flowchart on what to do in certain situations. Like anti airing

Nyoro SF

no Dominicans allowed in OP

all they would talk about is platanos and mortal kombat

I remember doing house rebuilding mission work in Jamaica back in 2006... this was in an old village on the inside of the country far away from the resort areas so it was mostly extremely poor area.

Well anyway as I'm walking along the dirt path back to one of our renovation jobs I hear loads of shouting and extremely loud game noises, so I took a glace at the house I was passing and there are around 15+ kids inside crowded around a tiny CRT with an N64 + Mortal Kombat 4.

Keep in mind there was very little dedicated power available in the area so I was kind of shocked but I thought it was still pretty funny to see these kids get hype and salty over N64 Mortal Kombat heh.

Top Bottom