• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 2-8 | The Final Kountdown

Went through the NLBC archive. Holy shit Arturo. The adjustment in the Nick Hero set especially was a work of well, Art. Though taking two games to make it was a pretty long time.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
BpkEhYVCIAAnnvZ.jpg
They couldn't even straighten either logo?

4/10

Anne

Hi, just to let anybody know who is interested, the Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!! forum is now live on Dustloop ^_^

Astarte

Hi, just to let anybody know who is interested, the Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!! forum is now live on Dustloop ^_^

Jesus christ the realization that this game is going up against P4A2 and Xrd in my backlist is horrifying. I want to put some time into it but...

Rhapsody

Banned

I just noticed this after realizing Tigre is mod (unless he was always one).
Still debating about getting this considering UNIEL coming out in a month and a half.

The life of those that play poverty fighters.

Uraizen

Banned
Jesus christ the realization that this game is going up against P4A2 and Xrd in my backlist is horrifying. I want to put some time into it but...

I don't think figuring out what should get the most attention is a very hard choice.
Yes it is.

alstein

Still debating about getting this considering UNIEL coming out in a month and a half.

I'd say either get now or wait for US release in September.

I'm choosing Ultimax over Xrd, but hoping we get some rebalancing for console.

Kumubou

The solution is to get AH3:LM and drop it to wait for UNIEL, then get UNIEL and drop it to wait for P4AU, then get P4AU and drop it to wait for Xrd, and then drop Xrd to wait for... well... whatever's coming next.

ARE YOU GUYS HYPE FOR PSABRBRBRBR ROUND 2 OR WHAT
ididntaskforthis.jpg

Besides, that screenshot looks about as fake as the TxSF ones going around (with the one caveat that PSABR's UI/UX looked and felt about as bad as a fake).

.la1n

PSABR 2 would be one of the strangest moves I have seen in quite some time from a large game company. If they are going to do it let's hope they put some real effort into the roster this time around.

The solution is to get AH3:LM and drop it to wait for UNIEL, then get UNIEL and drop it to wait for P4AU, then get P4AU and drop it to wait for Xrd, and then drop Xrd to wait for... well... whatever's coming next.

ididntaskforthis.jpg

Besides, that screenshot looks about as fake as the TxSF ones going around (with the one caveat that PSABR's UI/UX looked and felt about as bad as a fake).

My plan is to play #Reload until I get word on the performance of Xrd's PS3 port, and the to grab a Playstation. Sounds so much less fancy than yours ;_;

Nyoro SF

Niitsuma is talking about Marvel development on twitter.

Anyone care to translate?

ふと自分の今までの業務を整理してみた。版権モノならコイツと社内で言われてたが、小学館、集英社、タツノコプロ、MARVEL(途中からディズニー)すべてと仕事した人はそうそういないんじゃないかと思った(笑)。

前回の続き。「このキャラを強くしろ!」は無いけど「この動きを必ず入れて」「この技はもっとこうして」ってのは山のようにありました。それを格ゲーの技として成立するようデザインして作って、先方からも承認とって、さらにバランスを取るのが版権モノ格ゲーの最大のお仕事でした。

昨日の続き。なので先方さんから飛んでくる指示の量が読みづらく、対策としては色んな部分で時間や予算のバッファをとっておくことが基本でしたが、わかりやすい所でキャラ数なんかはMVC3で最初は全部で42体作る予定だったんですけどね。

ですねえ。でも自分達が“これだっ!”って思っても版権元さんがダメといえば全部やり直しなので、その辺もいろいろです(笑)

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
is kof14 still a thing? haven't heard a peep in ages but maybe I'm looking in all the wrong places.

kirblar

Running it through translate, he's talking about the Disney/Marvel micromanagement on things- it was never about balance/power, but about "does this movement/ability/etc make sense".

Also sounds like it was really annoying for them.

BadWolf

is kof14 still a thing? haven't heard a peep in ages but maybe I'm looking in all the wrong places.

There were ads from SNK hiring people for a new KOF and SamSho. Last rumor was that they are working on a 20th anniversary KOF project, translation from Madman's Cafe:

- Marking its 20th anniversary next year, The next KOF is currently in preparation for (arcade) operation around October. First details are slated for release around March - April.

- It will be a Dream Match and won't be a numbered title. It might possibly feature a subtitle instead.

- Over 50 characters are slated for the game. 36 characters are already solid for the lineup; their design and figures are already under development.

- They (SNK Playmore) are planning the sensational return of character(s) not in the KOF series.

- The sprites used in XIII will not be recycled. They are re doing everything in 3D for 1080P. (It isn't the method where they use 3D models and do the 2D pixel art based on them). This is for using various character ???? (toon rendering?) and technology in order to make use of camera angle and effects, meanwhile keeping the same speedy gameplay as the game did in 2D.

- (not too sure on this) The system has some issues which are still being fixed?

- The combos will be easier than the system in XIII to make the game more friendly to players. They are giving consideration to makeing the game's combo more like 98.

- The development is costing them the most budget and most staff in the series' history, and they're still seeking for additional recruits. (No word on what board the game will run on).

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
There were ads from SNK hiring people for a new KOF and SamSho. Last rumor was that they are working on a 20th anniversary KOF project, translation from Madman's Cafe:
oh wow that's a lot to take in. shame they're not bringing back 13 sprites but hey maybe the new models will be slick.

Niitsuma is talking about Marvel development on twitter.

Anyone care to translate?

basic gist:

he's talking about how they can't just put any character they want in marvel or tatsunoko games, that they need the rights from the character copyright holders.

he's saying marvel is the one who determines which characters get in.

it's all basic shit mentioned before, he's just mentioning it again to people who keep asking.

kirblar

Sounds like it would end up looking like mvc3 rather than Xrd.

Does it make sense to put last blade characters in the next samsho?
The style might, but the Faux 2D thing seems like its just way easier for most devs going forward, since it allows for you to edit models on the fly through the dev process.

basic gist:

he's talking about how they can't just put any character they want in marvel or tatsunoko games, that they need the rights from the character copyright holders.

it's all basic shit mentioned before, he's just mentioning it again to people who keep asking.
But why is he answering questions about Marvel the weekend befor E3?

Just joking.

I will buy a new KoF if the netcode is really good.

I-hate-u

basic gist:

Thats why they should make Capcom All Stars and stop dealing with the licencing nightmares they have been having.

EDIT: Why is Disney being such a stick in the mud? The Marvel characters are excellently represented in the game and Capcom did a phenomenal job staying faithful to the original source. Sorry it only sold 3 million units.

Infinite

The style might, but the Faux 2D thing seems like its just way easier for most devs going forward, since it allows for you to edit models on the fly through the dev process.
Yeah totally but idk part of the reason why Xrd looks the way it does is because they hand animated the skeletal rigs for the models as if it was still 2D. Will SnK go to those lengths?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah totally but idk part of the reason why Xrd looks the way it does is because they hand animated the skeletal rigs for the models as if it was still 2D. Will SnK go to those lengths?

Probably not but that's fine too.

It's not like Arc's method is the one true way. Not every game has to look like Xrd

Laconic

Banned
P4A has kneecapped Liz and Xrd has whiff roman cancels.

You mean they went and busted a cap into Liz's OTHER knee too? Why? Just... why?

When Xrd hits console, I wonder that it won't have the entire rainbow of Roman Cancels. Still going to be the best game out, when it is.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
When Xrd hits console, I wonder that it won't have the entire rainbow of Roman Cancels. Still going to be the best game out, when it is.

It will

They'll probably tweak the mechanic in later revisions, but they won't remove them. The expanded RC system basically IS Xrd atm

EDIT: Why is Disney being such a stick in the mud? The Marvel characters are excellently represented in the game and Capcom did a phenomenal job staying faithful to the original source. Sorry it only sold 3 million units.

Fox.

Fox is milking the xmen/fantastic 4 copyrights because when MARVEL was about to go under, they agreed to some shitty shitty contracts where sony/Fox dont lose their rights to the spiderman/xmen/fantastic 4 movies if they make use of them at least once every 2 years.

Then superhero movies blew up, and marvel wanted those rights back or to let them expire. Sony/Fox are making money with them and sure as shit won't stop milking the series to keep the rights. In fact, they dont even have to release a proper movie. they can make a movie, and just not release it and it counts to extend the rights. FOX lost the rights to BLADE because wesley snipes got arrested for tax evasion and they forgot about the series until too late.

Hell they don't even have to make a movie about the character. They can have a character appear as a cameo (deadpool for example in wolverine) for 1 second and it counts to reset the timer for the copyrights.

Disney, buying marvel, inherited all their headaches. And if the mickey mouse copyright issue taught anyone anything, is that DISNEY is a fucking juggernaut when it comes to copyright law and THEY ARE FUCKING PISSED THE FUCK OFF that FOX won't give them the rights back.

how pissed is DISNEY? they are willing to stop licensing of all XMEN and FANTASTIC 4 merchandise to starve the series. That means no toys. no licensing clothing. and yes THAT EVEN MEANS NO XMEN LEGO/CAPCOM games.

so yeah. don't expect an update or even an xmen game period for a loooooooooooooong time.

Laconic

Banned
Fox.

Fox is milking the xmen/fantastic 4 copyrights because when MARVEL was about to go under, they agreed to some shitty shitty contracts where sony/Fox dont lose their rights to the spiderman/xmen/fantastic 4 movies if they make use of them at least once every 2 years.

Then superhero movies blew up, and marvel wanted those rights back or to let them expire. Sony/Fox are making money with them and sure as shit won't stop milking the series to keep the rights. In fact, they dont even have to release a proper movie. they can make a movie, and just not release it and it counts to extend the rights. FOX lost the rights to BLADE because wesley snipes got arrested for tax evasion and they forgot about the series until too late.

Hell they don't even have to make a movie about the character. They can have a character appear as a cameo (deadpool for example in wolverine) for 1 second and it counts to reset the timer for the copyrights.

Disney, buying marvel, inherited all their headaches. And if the mickey mouse copyright issue taught anyone anything, is that DISNEY is a fucking juggernaut when it comes to copyright law and THEY ARE FUCKING PISSED THE FUCK OFF that FOX won't give them the rights back.

how pissed is DISNEY? they are willing to stop licensing of all XMEN and FANTASTIC 4 merchandise to starve the series. That means no toys. no licensing clothing. and yes THAT EVEN MEANS NO XMEN LEGO/CAPCOM games.

so yeah. don't expect an update or even an xmen game period for a loooooooooooooong time.

Oh no... which evil monster mega-corporation should I root harder against.

Village

Fox.

FF will come back soon.

X men, I dunno brehs.

Oh no... which evil monster mega-corporation should I root harder against.

Fox. Always root agaist fox, its a safe bet.

Even if they are right, root agaist fox.

Top Bottom