• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 19-25 | Started from the bottom, now he's there

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
He even got released from the team for a while

It inspired this gif

j1qsnYc.gif

Mago beat him at a Capcom Cup qualifier I believe.

It was for the SF 25th Anniversary thing.

Basically the UK qualifier was on and Madcatz sent Japanese players like Mago who failed to qualify in the Japanese event. Ryan got salty when he then lost.

He replaced it quickly with:

"Ryan Hart ‏@RyanJosephHart
Peeps don't get me wrong,its an open qualifier&anyone can enter but Mago already had his shot in Japan.A team should look out for each other"

I'm sure we have all been there after losing something you really wanted.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
It was for the SF 25th Anniversary thing.

Basically the UK qualifier was on and Madcatz sent Japanese players like Mago who failed to qualify in the Japanese event. Ryan got salty when he then lost.

He replaced it quickly with:

"Ryan Hart ‏@RyanJosephHart
Peeps don't get me wrong,its an open qualifier&anyone can enter but Mago already had his shot in Japan.A team should look out for each other"

I'm sure we have all been there after losing something you really wanted.

Ah. That makes more sense.

I'd feel slighted too if they flew him out there and I lost. But I mean that's Tournaments

Shouta

the qualifier was in England, and madcatz flew Mago over there. It's not madcatz fault, Ryan was just EXTREMELY salty after his loss in grand finals. He's a great guy

edit: beaten

Well, from a strategic standpoint it kind is Madcatz fault but it's kind of long in the past now, at least in the tourney world. lol

pixelish

can't wait for ceo

Alex Jebailey ‏@CEOJebailey 23m
Looks like 6 Players from Japan are attending #CEO2014! Best practice everyone's gonna get before EVO in July! You Can try to guess all 6 ;)

mago, tokido, momochi, fuudo, bonchan & kazunoko?

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Ryan used to whine constantly (Cryin' Hart) on all forms of social media when he lost/when he thought something was BS, but he has toned it down almost completely since.

can't wait for ceo

mago, tokido, momochi, fuudo, bonchan & kazunoko?

I also figured it would be Team Topanga + 1 other well known Japanese player like Sako or Haitani.

And yeah I would say Ryan has America on lockdown in AE 2012. But AE 2012 is about to end in just about a week and it's a whole new ball game now with USF4. Plus Sagat is getting a little worse so their is a chance he may not even stick with Sagat.

I'm saying, if you have little to no knowledge of the xmens, the movies are fine.

If you are a fan and knowledgeable then Its a bad representation of them imo.

That's completely irrelevent. You can not expect Comic book stories to translate to film. They have completely different nattative structure. Also comic books in general have weaker narratives than film do to their never ending incredibly flimsy nature. If they ever made an X-men movie that followed the comics to at T it would be a mess of a film.

Ryan used to whine constantly (Cryin' Hart) on all forms of social media when he lost/when he thought something was BS, but he has toned it down almost completely since.

I think that is fair because you can really see him try to carry himself properly these days.

It is like he got good advice and actually listened to it...

I would say at this point Louffy, Valmaster, Problem X, and Alioune are all as good or better than the best American players.

I don't buy that, Ryan has proven himself but besides Louffy I don't think any of those other guys would win if they came to America. Even though I exempted Louffy I don't think he would win either. I think he would eventually run into a character match up that he can't overcome. He beat Justin last time but I don't think he can do it again. And if he ran into someone like Krone, Ricky, or Kbrad I think he's in for a long day.

vulva

On a similar note, I honestly always used to find Ryan Hart ridiculously over hyped. I came in to the scene pretty late (09er etc) and I was more used to seeing Ryan never clutch it out, or when he did win I was left thinking he got lucky.

Now at this stage in the game, I can fully see where the hype comes from. I can finally see that his approach to the game and how he reads/treats opponents is at a point where he can be absolutely dominant.

Just want to say what a great tournament for a Marvel fan like me. The UMvC3-X tournament was awesome to watch.

And also the standard tourny was excellent. For me I was surprised Chris G and Jwonng placed behind Ray Ray and PR Bolrog. But it was nice to see them at the top also.

Just want to congratulate such a well ran event. Fun for any fighting game fan for sure!

I would say at this point Louffy, Valmaster, Problem X, and Alioune are all as good or better than the best American players.

I disagree, i think rog/wong are better and ricky.But ultra is upon us and the new climb begins.

Also, no DJ whining in new thread title. Hehe. Something bout keits or ufgt or something.

On a similar note, I honestly always used to find Ryan Hart ridiculously over hyped. I came in to the scene pretty late (09er etc) and I was more used to seeing Ryan never clutch it out, or when he did win I was left thinking he got lucky.

Now at this stage in the game, I can fully see where the hype comes from. I can finally see that his approach to the game and how he reads/treats opponents is at a point where he can be absolutely dominant.

He did amazing this weekend

His match against Glitch was so great to watch

jbug617

Banned
the only problem I don't think the best players in the US would do it because the only opportunity would probably be at EVO and no way they would want to run it during EVO.

Art has a Europe vs US 10v10 from last EVO but I don't think any big US player played.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Didn't Ryan get in shit for bashing Madcatz when they sponsored him?

Ryan Hart ‏@RyanJosephHart
Thank you very fucking much Madcatz. Sending Mago to beat his team mate. Great teamwork! Last time I fucking help any of you.

He even got released from the team for a while

It inspired this gif

j1qsnYc.gif

What have I caused.... Hart got hella salty off of that now that I remember it.

FGW | Thank you Keits

Get it right people, Deejay can go incinerate for all I care.

You can throw in Blackule in there too.
Kappa

Strongly disagree

Of course it comes from a Canadian... *shrugs shoulders*

Kappa

Top Bottom