• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 25-31 | Marvel vs. Comcast

mbpm1

Ohkazumi

zetsen0405.jpg

Ah that fresh avatar smell.

I swear I have ADD when it comes to that. I guess I'm somewhat fortunate I have a tag so I'm somehow trackable in my post history.

It's so easy to spot like Enzo, (ironman), professor beef(digimon thingy), Karsticles(ugly as sin Skrull artwork), etc.

One day I'll find an avatar artwork I can stick with more than a week. :(
That ain't a Skrull, man. If it helps you, though, go for it.

I find my avatar to be rather handsome.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dude stop being a little a bitch and tell them it was 10-0 already. You've been beating around that bush for damn-near a year for no reason. You 10-0'd me with deejay online. Fucking grats. What does that say? I admitted you're fundamentally better than me at the game but if you think 10-0ing me in an obscure matchup says anything more than that, you're being a delusional Live scrub.

I didn't make any Johns about the shit back then either. You said "I don't even know why you try to play Viper online" and I just responded "You're just better than me. *shrug*".

But you've been hanging that shit over my head ever since, like a little punk, it's hilarious. You're obviously not satisfied with the win unless everyone knows it was 10-0, like I'm someone worth measuring yourself up against or something.
With this level of animosity and promo, y'all need to settle this in Marvel.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Aye I'm alive. I'll keep it short what happened. School ending+stress+a bunch of other things were piling up on me, and I've deal with depression for awhile, and I'll openly say I have PTSD from childhood trauma. I've actually been doing really well in therapy with only a few setbacks, but a group of people decided they wanted to "trigger" me, and well, they did. I started to seclude myself and went on about self harm and wasn't in great shape, so my friends got concerned when I passed out one night and the police came and got me.

Since I was deemed a suicide risk, I had to stay in the hospital for 72 hours. I kinda panicked and freaked out on the way there because they wouldn't tell me where I was going, all they sad was "this will be a better place" which was the least comforting thing ever at the time (the police terrify me, I don't trust anything from them). Once I got through the panic, it was honestly just a really long and boring hospital stay. I was pretty safe, we set me up with my therapist, balanced out my antidepressants, and we're golden.

And I mean, that's it really haha Everything is totally fine, just be mindful of people who deal with mood disorders and the such.

Glad to hear everything is fine Anne. Going through depression is never the easiest thing, I'm going through it myself right now and getting the help I need to get better. Being pressured to go to medical school was one of the causes and after opening up and being honest with myself, it got better. Decided to drop it and go for what I love doing, programming. Just got into the Master's Program at my school, live never felt so good.gif. Just know you have great people around you who want you to do better and always be honest with yourself, no bullshit. If you want to do it and can, go for it.

And Big E with the "Well Said" co-sign.

This idiot equated his homophobia to not liking different foods "I don't hate cheeseburgers, I just prefer pasta. I don't think a burger tastes as good as pasta. (Metaphor) But I guess that makes me a bigot or ignorant."

Let's also ignore the fact he threatened Fooblat with violence the other day.

Unbelievable, banned from tournaments my ass, the East Coast main tournament organizer doesn't give a fuck lol.

Big E has the mentality of a 5 year old sometimes, its just fucking embarrassing.

Blackule, DahBomb and BakedYams are officially the 3 worst FG players in this thread

Why even bother...

I got my option selects lined up for days:

Loses in Street Fighter

Yo man, I don't even play SF, I main Mahvel

Loses in Mahvel

Yo man, I don't even play Mahvel, I play SF

Loses in both to the same person

Yo man, I don't even play fighting games like that.

Dude stop being a little a bitch and tell them it was 10-0 already. You've been beating around that bush for damn-near a year for no reason. You 10-0'd me with deejay online. Fucking grats. What does that say? I admitted you're fundamentally better than me at the game but if you think 10-0ing me in an obscure matchup says anything more than that, you're being a delusional Live scrub.

I didn't make any Johns about the shit back then either. You said "I don't even know why you try to play Viper online" and I just responded "You're just better than me. *shrug*".

But you've been hanging that shit over my head ever since, like a little punk, it's hilarious. You're obviously not satisfied with the win unless everyone knows it was 10-0, like I'm someone worth measuring yourself up against or something.

yo damn.... that salt is delicious
SnLQY42.png

Essay

Did anyone else's Xrd casual turnouts just increase by 50% in the last month? Not sure if my city's new players are just good at spreading the hype, or if this is a wider-scale thing being seen elsewhere.

vocab

Did anyone else's Xrd casual turnouts just increase by 50% in the last month? Not sure if my city's new players are just good at spreading the hype, or if this is a wider-scale thing being seen elsewhere.

Are they all Leo players?

You know whats worst than depression? Realizing you'll never be happy in this fucked up world. :(

I dunno my local scene seems more like a closed circle at this point so yeah

Haven't been able to go play ArcSys games in a while tho

CurlyW

Brian "Alukard" Garcia is a Marvel 3 and Smash player from New York. He is a member of team CTRL.

Antwan "alucarD" Ortiz is a Street Fighter and MKX player from Detroit. He is a member of team CORN. (He is not a Marvel player, as somebody said earlier in this thread.)

Just so everybody's clear.

kinda question him not supering at the last round... I mean he would be in chip range and still have 3+ meters.

Also jumping as x-23 against akuma at that low health just means akuma is going to chip. Might as well stay on the floor and threaten the use of rage trigger or whatever in the right situations.

kasane

Glad to hear everything is fine Anne. Going through depression is never the easiest thing, I'm going through it myself right now and getting the help I need to get better. Being pressured to go to medical school was one of the causes and after opening up and being honest with myself, it got better. Decided to drop it and go for what I love doing, programming. Just got into the Master's Program at my school, live never felt so good.gif. Just know you have great people around you who want you to do better and always be honest with yourself, no bullshit. If you want to do it and can, go for it.

Big E has the mentality of a 5 year old sometimes, its just fucking embarrassing.

Why even bother...

I got my option selects lined up for days:

Loses in Street Fighter

Yo man, I don't even play SF, I main Mahvel

Loses in Mahvel

Yo man, I don't even play Mahvel, I play SF

Loses in both to the same person

Yo man, I don't even play fighting games like that.

yo damn.... that salt is delicious
SnLQY42.png

from what i gather i thought you wanted to go to med school yourself like me. Good on you for quitting it and doing what you love. Meanwhile im still here saving money for med school

#poverty

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
kinda question him not supering at the last round... I mean he would be in chip range and still have 3+ meters.

Also jumping as x-23 against akuma at that low health just means akuma is going to chip. Might as well stay on the floor and threaten the use of rage trigger or whatever in the right situations.

Eh, Vip probably didn't want to spend meter and that would have left Justin the option to escape the corner if he used his level 1 with x23. Also, she doesn't do that much chip and is very punishable off of a blocked super. If dapvip had tried going for chip, he would have been beaten out by a dp super from justin or justin could block and wait for the super to end to punish vip. It was honestly a very awkward situation and vip just cracked at the end, x23 players usually dont super jump to go for a talon dive from that high up, its usually tiger kneed, which is what made him lose.

playing neutral was the best option but both of her level 1's wouldn't have been threats to justin if he vip didn't get a combo in so it was tough for vip to really do anything against justin's zoning at the end.

from what i gather i thought you wanted to go to med school yourself like me. Good on you for quitting it and doing what you love. Meanwhile im still here saving money for med school

#poverty

I thought so too but I always wanted to stop when the pressure got too much, which is weird for me cause I never feel bogged down with work since I actually enjoy studying/reviewing. I wanted to make my parents happy, plus the pressure from them, made it hell for me and I forced myself to believe that I wanted to do it. Trying to fulfill the expectations of my parents is what makes me happy cause it makes them happy, which was the thought process behind it. I dismantled that and put my happiness first, which made me feel much better within the weeks after thinking it through. Still sucks that depression isn't "cured" that easily and its a long and arduous process with many visits to get "fixed". Luckily, in my case, its a whole mental block that I've built around myself that I need to disintegrate bit by bit.

Rainy

Banned

#poverty

I'm actually heading there in 2 months. I'm gonna be up to my eyeballs in debt -_-

Onemic

I got a B too but its wireless. Probably an A wired since my matches with Vulva run pretty damn well most of the time.

Necro is so entertaining to see for me, much better than seeing Dhalsim, unless its Yung Art's sim.

Edit:

Holy hell, those parries were almost timed so well!

I was hoping he would parry all those. So close!

Top Bottom