• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 25-31 | Marvel vs. Comcast

I know how to play the character. The character isn't very good breh.

fuck gouken b
kttcolipacspit

alstein

It basically comes down to easily accessible high damage. You can not pick up INO or bedman and just beat people. No, you actually have to put time into those characters. Hell you have to put time into milla, or even eddie. That's ultimately the problem with anime games in general. For every ino, bedman, or even venom there's 2-4 goredeaus where you can master the character in less than a day and you have to ask your self, is it worth the time and effort learning venom when I can pick up Leo in 15 mins and beat people who have been playing the game for months? XRD has a really fucked up sense of reward. Elphelt and Leo cater to the play to win lazy gorilla mentality.

I'm all for characters that are easy to pick up and play like sol or Ky, but when you include a character with stupid suffering offense and easy access to high damage I have to question whats the point of even playing other characters when you have to work twice or sometimes triple as hard. GG is already a hard game, why do we need characters that skip the difficulty aspect completely?

I find that leos offense is very blazblue like it just doesn't feel like he belongs in this game.

Which is why it's better to make those characters easier, than to buff them and let them run a train on everyone else and kill the game.

Imm0rt4l

After all these years I still don't know how to play against Gouken. I just go for grabs on his wake up (or low).
Nikka, don't you play Yun dafuq

Seriously though it's understandable. Hardly anybody plays gouken so it stands to reason you don't know the mu. Meanwhile all Gouken's have experience with Yun, so that's somewhat of a leg up. I still wakeup in colds sweats thinking bout AE breh.

There's matchup I should win that I lose simply because of experience. That said, what you outlined is pretty much all it takes. RTSD. What's he gonna do? Zone you?

Teach me how to Yun

Seriously though it's understandable. Hardly anybody plays gouken so it stands to reason you don't know the mu. Meanwhile all Gouken's have experience with Yun, so that's somewhat of a leg up. I still wakeup in colds sweats thinking bout AE breh.

There's matchup I should win that I lose simply because of experience. That said, what you outlined is pretty much all it takes. RTSD. What's he gonna do? Zone you?

Teach me how to Yun
my Yun dawg

whats your PSN dawg

Teach me how to Yun
Yah the matchup is how predictable am I in my approach. In vanilla AE once Yun was in it was basically done (5 frame throw invincible command grab..). Yun is pretty easy to pickup and is probably why everyone has him as a secondary. Just learn those 2 frame bnbs and dive kick those normals kappa.. And s.MP into lp.shoulder > EXRF > ultra. I only play him because I like to press buttons...

Kimosabae

Banned
Is everyone really still migrating to PS4 Ultra, despite the fact? I haven't bought the game on PS4 and I don't intend to until it's fixed. I want to play GAF members.

Is everyone really still migrating to PS4 Ultra, despite the fact? I haven't bought the game on PS4 and I don't intend to until it's fixed. I want to play GAF members.

Looking at the USF4 OT, it looks like a handful of us are just going to deal with it and get it or have already gotten it(me included). It's bad but not bad enough for me to keep the PS3 hooked up. So I'm sticking with PS4/PC for now and just hope the PS4 version gets fixed at some point. If it weren't for the extra features the PS4 system itself has, I probably wouldn't bother with the PS4 version at all.

Tripon

I just got the PC version after dropping off since Super.

I can't believe I paid twice, after picking up the PS4 version and then the PC version, but fuck this game. I also love this game. But fuck this game.

Azure J

Catching up:

Really great posts. I find myself observing a lot of discussions on the net with obvious slants towards a social angle more and more lately and I've come to a lot of similar conclusions. I can only hope things will come to a head and the innate decency vs. expected decency discussion can own up to both sides having points and work from there (as they should). Anything else is just on the people themselves and the company they keep.

What a shitty fucking character Leo is. I'm literally going to have to pick him up to learn how to fight him.

Finally. He's the most non intuitive character to defend against. Let's give him auto cross ups, standing lows, and pressure that seems endless! Oh you pushed a button well you fucked up. Seriously the dumbest anti GG character design.

The last time FGW had this discussion, I definitely remember people excusing Leo because "hype". I'm not going to look at anyone and say that something like that can't be a reason to enjoy what he does, but I'm glad that more folks are seeing that his Mario Kart Item Box design is still an anomaly even in the context of Guilty's hyper offense oriented play.

It basically comes down to easily accessible high damage. You can not pick up INO or bedman and just beat people. No, you actually have to put time into those characters. Hell you have to put time into milla, or even eddie. That's ultimately the problem with anime games in general. For every ino, bedman, or even venom there's 2-4 goredeaus where you can master the character in less than a day and you have to ask your self, is it worth the time and effort learning venom when I can pick up Leo in 15 mins and beat people who have been playing the game for months? XRD has a really fucked up sense of reward. Elphelt and Leo cater to the play to win lazy gorilla mentality.

I'm all for characters that are easy to pick up and play like sol or Ky, but when you include a character with stupid suffering offense and easy access to high damage I have to question whats the point of even playing other characters when you have to work twice or sometimes triple as hard. GG is already a hard game, why do we need characters that skip the difficulty aspect completely?

I find that leos offense is very blazblue like it just doesn't feel like he belongs in this game.

I know your opinions on Elphelt are pretty strong, but I'm curious. Do you think the patch addressed enough of her issues re: high burst damage at any moment or do you feel like further changes are necessary? I didn't pick up the character with the intention of frauding out just because, I just like characters with good tools and mobility. The entire theme of a running gunner was too cool not to go with. It was just a bonus that she hit like a grown ass woman.

Full list of matches tonight.

Between this and Splatoon, looks like it's going to be a good night. :)

[...]
Full Schedule's team is favored but its KBR and its Marvel 3... which means throw out your books, match up charts and tier lists for this one.

Yep, this is one of those matchups where you know what paper says but you can never guess what buttons will do. :lol

Seyavesh

What a shitty fucking character Leo is. I'm literally going to have to pick him up to learn how to fight him.

the good news is this takes like maybe 20 minutes at maximum

Do you think the patch addressed enough of her issues re: high burst damage at any moment or do you feel like further changes are necessary? I didn't pick up the character with the intention of frauding out just because, I just like characters with good tools and mobility. The entire theme of a running gunner was too cool not to go with. It was just a bonus that she hit like a grown ass woman.
her sword normals (5s 2s) need to go imo
just extend the hurtboxes so at the very least it matches up with how you can ch most of the rest of the cast by swinging into the tip of their weapon

vocab

I know your opinions on Elphelt are pretty strong, but I'm curious. Do you think the patch addressed enough of her issues re: high burst damage at any moment or do you feel like further changes are necessary? I didn't pick up the character with the intention of frauding out just because, I just like characters with good tools and mobility. The entire theme of a running gunner was too cool not to go with. It was just a bonus that she hit like a grown ass woman.

l

I haven't really kept up with the changes on a whole, but I think some of them were necessary to tone her down. Pineberry just didn't fit with the rules of other projectiles in the game and it made her the "I'm going in and there's nothing you can do about it" character. Add in the unblockable and it's just ridiculous. I think her buttons are just too good and scary, her moves have really good hitboxes (in her favor, keeps her safe, and makes playing against painful) and some of the conversions she gets with meter are just leaps and bounds better than a lot of the cast. I just don't see this character ever being bad unless they strip a tool from her. Ya, she doesn't have a good reversal. Does she need one when she has every other tool? Probably not.

Oh of course she has a standing low and a command grab.

Imm0rt4l

Ibuki is a trap queen confirmed

I think it's been actual years since we played
Yeah, it's been a long ass time. I don't really get to play anymore as I have been consigned to spectator status. I've bitched enough in the ot about how my ps3 version is pretty much broken. My game freezes at the vs screen constantly and the game freezes anytime my opponent selects adon. Should have copped the pc version. Timmay, right?

too stronk

more like fraudhand09, amirite guys?
zmm8oXO.png
Huehuehue

Azure J

How many of you guys can hang at 200CC?

*raises hand*

Though Kart/KartGAF brings out a very very dark side of myself. :lol

the good news is this takes like maybe 20 minutes at maximum

her sword normals (5s 2s) need to go imo
just extend the hurtboxes so at the very least it matches up with how you can ch most of the rest of the cast by swinging into the tip of their weapon

I guess I can agree with a further hurtbox extension to 2S, 5S, and 6HS, but after that I'd say the character is just right.

I haven't really kept up with the changes on a whole, but I think some of them were necessary to tone her down. Pineberry just didn't fit with the rules of other projectiles in the game and it made her the "I'm going in and there's nothing you can do about it" character. Add in the unblockable and it's just ridiculous. I think her buttons are just too good and scary, her moves have really good hitboxes (in her favor, keeps her safe, and makes playing against painful) and some of the conversions she gets with meter are just leaps and bounds better than a lot of the cast. I just don't see this character ever being bad unless they strip a tool from her. Ya, she doesn't have a good reversal. Does she need one when she has every other tool? Probably not.

Oh of course she has a standing low and a command grab.

Gotcha. I was always on the side advocating for a Pineberry nerf. I knew how bad an idea persistent projectile hit boxes were from my time with Marvel (Hidden Missiles anyone) and could never agree with that existing. Damage and meter gain nerfs here and there also makes her steamroll game a bit less OD without fucking with confirms and core design aspects.

Top Bottom