• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Nov 11-17 | EVO Champions Not Guaranteed

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Adon's shit against grapplers.

Then again considering Red Focus is now a thing Adon'd have a much better shot against grapplers considering how much damage RF can absorb

So you're going to drop the game if Adon doesn't body absolutely everyone? lol

there's gotta be five worse characters than Deejay

Dan
Vega
T.Hawk
uh

well shit

Dan and Vega are definitely better than Deejay.

My bottom 5 in no particular order is Fuerte, Deejay, Dudley, Yang, and Dhalsim.

You forgot Gouken. I don't blame you tho.

Gouken ain't even close to sucking as much as Deejay.

Nabs

I am trained to click on humble links, so I snatched up the LotR f2p stuff without realizing it. Thanks Kadey, and sorry to anyone who actually plays that.

xCobalt

I meant EX

Air Parry is not useless. It stupid enough that he has a ground counter, but he gets to jump throw the air and absorb an attack too?

I can throw tech fine, but with online you never knowwwwwwwwww

Fuq gouken

Who do you use? Air parry is pretty bad and doesn't work against people who know what they're doing.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I hope the the white fighting edge works with the next-gen consoles.

My bottom 5 in no particular order is Fuerte, Deejay, Dudley, Yang, and Dhalsim.

Quite ironic since in the right hands those guys are super annoying and pisses off a lot of people. Especially Fuerte and Sim.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
His Demon Flip is ass fullscreen away unless it's the EX version.

His air parry is already useless since it gets busted by reversals.

Learn to throw tech, and you will never have a problem dealing with that. It's literally the easiest throw in the game to tech out of since the window to tech it is so large.

Beats me.

lol

Why should demon flip be useful fullscreen other to be threaten it and be like "yo be careful with your fireballs or you're eating this shit"? I don't know how you make it useful fullscreen without making it dumb.

I don't know how air parry is supposed to be useless. That shit shuts down hella antiairs. Anything that shuts down options like that is gonna have its uses.

His back throw is more of a punish throw than a straight offensive mixup throw, but it's not like people who know how to play the game well never get hit by it that way either. Gouken's a pretty honest character, but his back throw is kind of BS.

Quite ironic since in the right hands those guys are super annoying and pisses off a lot of people. Especially Fuerte and Sim.

Yeah. Even those guys aren't anywhere near as bad as the bottom 5s in previous versions of the game. AE is pretty well-balanced.

I'm not 100% on Dhalsim being bottom 5 but it seems like a safer bet than other characters I had in mind.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Hey if Guard Crush wasn't in the game I wouldn't mind as much but since its there and there is not better consistent defensive option other than blocking. I'd rather have better movement in Guard Crush is there. Besides strings aren't that useful generally anyways.
I play Maxi. Strings are kinda useful for him. Pre patch people could backstep and G anything he did.

Just Guard trumps movement in virtually all cases. Even then, you can cancel movement into movement and there's no G recovery for forward step.

Also movement's unsafe, but people still manage to step and whiff punish etc. It's not like the characters are hobbled. You just can't step mindlessly.

It's not broken in yet obviously, but so far the DS4's d-pad feels pretty good. Also this Injustice port better not have messed up online. The first ranked match I tried to do got me stuck on a black screen and I had to quit out.

Robot Pants

Why should demon flip be useful fullscreen other to be threaten it and be like "yo be careful with your fireballs or you're eating this shit"? I don't know how you make it useful fullscreen without making it dumb.

I don't know how air parry is supposed to be useless. That shit shuts down hella antiairs. Anything that shuts down options like that is gonna have its uses.

His back throw is more of a punish throw than a straight offensive mixup throw, but it's not like people who know how to play the game well never get hit by it that way either. Gouken's a pretty honest character, but his back throw is kind of BS.

Yeah. Even those guys aren't anywhere near as bad as the bottom 5s in previous versions of the game. AE is pretty well-balanced.

I'm not 100% on Dhalsim being bottom 5 but it seems like a safer bet than other characters I had in mind.
His air parry even shutdowns Seth's DP which is three hits. He's honest I suppose, but definitely very solid.

While MvC3 has so many improvements over MvC2, I still love MvC2's flow more. The game isn't necessarily faster, it just has faster pacing.

Top Bottom