• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Nov 4-10 | I-No what that finger smells like [18+]

Anth0ny

we'll be stuck with Killer Instinct, Marvel and USFIV for 3 more years

stream monsters will eventually wither off from lack of new games

UNiB will get enough updates to actually be good

people will actually play the damn games

Fist of Fire money matches will become a reality

4nxBR1G.gif

no one is gonna buy killer instinct

it'll be street fighter, marvel, and MAYBE smash if it's actually good. but probably not.

dark ages all over again.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Really curious what the state of SF4 will be a year after USF4. I wonder if they've found the right needle to rejuvenate that game yet or if we'll just see more people continuing to play it because it's still the only thing they want to play. I question this because it seems like all things considered that the changes will likely (unless there is some miracle from the heavens) upset balance more, especially in the short term, in favour of just giving people something new to talk about.

Then again, SFxTK and AE were both failed injections to the fanbase, so maybe there is lots of resilience left, but we are approaching 5 years of that game being out, 6 if you include the arcade release.

SFxT primarily failed because of the DLC shenanigans. It could have succeeded otherwise. Too many people were already burned from UMvC3 releasing 9 months after MvC3 to dig into another Capcom fighter with shadey stuff like that going on.

Silky

Banned
just waiting quietly for KOFXIV and SamSho

I am so glad it will be on my ps4 and (Maybe) Vita.

There's a Vita ver?

Anyone listen to last weeks obs? that cdjr cat is the most delusional person I've heard In the fgc. And I thought fanatiq was bad

I follow his twitter. Guy's a weirdo. Decent MK/Injustice player, but he dropped the game along with the others by the time EVO came out

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Harada will "consider" Steam releases of Tekken.

Not like they're not already considering it because of next-gen architectures. Probably late for a TTT2 port though. Maybe TR alongside a PS4 version.

So I guess the only differences between the PS3 and PS4 versions of Xrd should be graphics related, right?
Performance, netcode and probably stuff like streaming integration. I think performance is the biggest one though, which can go either way but if they're competent enough could at least give you something better.

Lol, this week's title
Accent Core+ R still isn't on PC is it

why did I buy the 360 ver

At least the US version has the +R patch on that. PS3 is the only system in the US without it at the moment since the rerelease.

Also I want Xrd on Vita. Arc please give me this

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The only PC port we need is of UMvC3. The mods.. oh god the mods..

b1jx93jm97hc9a3svjy2gnbne.212x119x1.png

Might actually convince me to upgrade my graphics card if it happens.

FluxWaveZ

Performance, netcode and probably stuff like streaming integration. I think performance is the biggest one though, which can go either way but if they're competent enough could at least give you something better.

Hm, well in terms of performance both versions would pretty much have to be a consistent 60 FPS, right? Not too versed in the PS3 lag stuff, though, so I'd expect the PS4 version to not have those kinds of issues.

Streaming integration's a big deal for a game like that.

Silky

Banned
At least the US version has the +R patch on that. PS3 is the only system in the US without it at the moment since the rerelease.

Also I want Xrd on Vita. Arc please give me this

Wow really? Wonder why...hope for Xrd probably making it to 36--nope

Wow really? Wonder why...hope for Xrd probably making it to 36--nope
If BBCP is anything to go by, Xrd might just be sony exclusive. Then again maybe it can be one of those games like Revengeance where it's PS3 only in Japan and multiplat internationally.
God DAMMIT
Yup. Vita version only was released as +R, 360 got patched in the US and Japan. Just no US PS3. Bit of a bummer since I want the PS3 one patched so me training on one console is the same as training on the other.

Silky

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";88550462]Half of I-No's sprites flash her nipples.[/QUOTE]

T Rating confirmed

smurfx

get some go again
ents=pc gaming

they don't concern themselves with console wars until they threaten them in some way.

T Rating confirmed
Only for Europe.
Oh man, that takes me back. Arturo got ripped on so hard, haha.
It really doesn't feel like Arcana Heart 3's been out for 4+ years.
It doesn't feel like Arcana has been out at all.
A whole lot less thicker, das for sure
Truly a crime against thick ladies.
Taller, slimmer, prettier, and doesn't look like someone just flicked her nose. Aka better.
I like her facial expression, but I'm a big fan of many body types. She doesn't need to be barbie. :)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hm, well in terms of performance both versions would pretty much have to be a consistent 60 FPS, right? Not too versed in the PS3 lag stuff, though, so I'd expect the PS4 version to not have those kinds of issues.

Streaming integration's a big deal for a game like that.
Yeah, you would expect. Depends on what the lead platform is though.

Lets just say, going forward devs are going to have less excuses available for games not to perform as well. This gen was a lot of catch up IMO, next gen if you don't have your shit running at at least 720p60 people will riot, hence all the shit the X1 is getting.

Microsoft = Sauron and the orcs
Sony = Elves
Nintendo = Hobbits
Eh, the (main) Hobbits at least led the charge in some capacity.

Microsoft = Golem
Sony = Frodo
Nintendo = Merry & Pippen

Jazz-ism

Banned
PC MASTER RACEEE

Xrd is a fun game its coming along quite nicely. I would have like to see more systems added from last time tho...

I mean the higher install base for Xrd will most likely be PS3, right

Install base maybe but doesn't mean that's where the competition will be. Competition will be on whichever version runs best, period. I'd like that to be PS3, cause I really don't want to pay to play online.

CurlyW

I honestly believe that the XBox1 will outsell the PS4 in the US. And a significant portion of those people will buy KI since it's a release game on a next-gen system. (Though it probably shouldn't be, given the minuscule time they had to work on it.)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Install base maybe but doesn't mean that's where the competition will be. Competition will be on whichever version runs best, period. I'd like that to be PS3, cause I really don't want to pay to play online.
Didn't work that way for Capcom games, so I don't see why it would necessarily for poverty games. Too many factors, especially in a console transition. Who knows how fast the uptake will be for the PS4, or even if they'll be able to keep up with demand when Xrd actually comes out. 5 million by spring doesn't sound like enough to me.

I honestly believe that the XBox1 will outsell the PS4 in the US. And a significant portion of those people will buy KI since it's a release game on a next-gen system. (Though it probably shouldn't be, given the minuscule time they had to work on it.)
At launch or over time? Launch just depends on who's shipping more, which I think would be Sony. Over time? Hard to tell, but Sony has more advantages MS can't win back, or ones that are really hard to, compared to the vice versa.

CurlyW

At launch or over time? Launch just depends on who's shipping more, which I think would be Sony. Over time? Hard to tell, but Sony has more advantages MS can't win back, or ones that are really hard to, compared to the vice versa.

Both. I think that there are just a lot more XBox 360 owners than PS3 owners in the US. And many of those XBox 360 owners aren't tuned into the gaming industry news, and all that matters to them is that there is a new XBox with a new CoD/Madden/FIFA.

FluxWaveZ

Both. I think that there are just a lot more XBox 360 owners than PS3 owners in the US. And many of those XBox 360 owners aren't tuned into the gaming industry news, and all that matters to them is that there is a new XBox with a new CoD/Madden/FIFA.

Weird/off-topic conversation to have in this thread, but then how do you explain PS2 -> 360 as the US market console of choice?

Top Bottom