• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

Figure GAF |OT3| The sum of all budget fears

Kotobukiya just posted the album of the updated She-Hulk. They only mention pain application but they actually sanded her nose and cheeks as well. The result is MUCH better imo.

I also randomly found out that the Homeworld Remaster CE was still available on Amazon UK. I have very big doubts about Gearbox not fucking it up somehow, but the Mothership statue is hot.

omlet

Belldandy + Holy Bell came today. I gotta give it up for Amazon Japan. 3 days to get here for under $15 shipping.

This might be the biggest singular box I've ever received.

Huh, where are you? I ordered on Tuesday night and got shipping notice last night around midnight and tracking shows it's already checked in at Ohio. Does DHL deliver on weekends? If so I'll probably get my stuff this weekend :D

Aww I wanted pics hehe. Hoping to have mine by Monday. I am afraid to see the size of this box for my order :eek:

mikan.jpg

Pics will follow, I have a hell of a backlog though... Racing Miku, Ryuko (figma and nendo), Satsuki... all awaiting photo shoots!

Toki767

Huh, where are you? I ordered on Tuesday night and got shipping notice last night around midnight and tracking shows it's already checked in at Ohio. Does DHL deliver on weekends? If so I'll probably get my stuff this weekend :D

San Francisco.

This figure is comically large...I seriously have no place to put it.

B1yN2dhIgAAS0gN.jpg:small

FigureGAF |OT3| Aint no rest for the wallet

EDIT: meh, I give up trying to parody the chorus. Got stuck on I got mouths to feed and Until we close our eyes for good. Hilariously a lot of lines didnt even need changed, suchas the aforementioned until we close our eyes for good.

Luigi87

Got my shipping notice for B&W Harley Quinn.

Also
|OT3| Where a Six Figure Income Means Buying Six Figures Per Month
|OT3| Moe Money, Moe Problems

Zerojul

What's everyone's most anticipated figure that is, you know, real?

Mine is definitely Aoba Naruko Nendo.

How about you all?
As a huge Mecha fan, I'm myself surprised that my most anticipated figures are not a Super Robot or a Gundam one, but those :

Yguvn8L.jpg

I'm not even sure I'll be able to afford them though :(

I caved on this finally by the way.

That Alter quality...that face...that hair....I couldn't

See, I just pre-ordered as soon as she went up and saved myself the agonizing.

Which I'm now doing over Yurisha. I only bought Yuki and Melda so far out of the Yamato girls, and I would feel like I'd need to buy them all. But HHHNNNNNGGGGG dat one-piece. HHHNNNNNGGGGGG.

See, I just pre-ordered as soon as she went up and saved myself the agonizing.

Which I'm now doing over Yurisha. I only bought Yuki and Melda so far out of the Yamato girls, and I would feel like I'd need to buy them all. But HHHNNNNNGGGGG dat one-piece. HHHNNNNNGGGGGG.
FigureGAF |OT3| Word of the day: HHHNNNNNGGGGGG

I was thinking of making room in February for Yurisha, but then I'd feel compelled to grab a few of the other Yamato girls. What a bother. Plus I'd have to cancel this: NSFW (?)

1/6. Life. Hometown. HHHNNNGGG. All in one figure.

chrono01

So my combined shipment arrived from AmiAmi, but not all things are good.

I noticed, after signing and bringing it inside, that there was extra cardboard attached to the outer box that said "Repaired by Canada Post" on it. That was worrying. When I opened it all up, the inside contents were wet. Because of this, many of the boxes [namely Sansei Muramasa and the Link Nendoroid] were damaged in a couple places. Thankfully the inside contents are fine, it's mostly the box itself that's damp. From what I can gather, the box was ripped open during transport, and likely got wet while being moved. So yeah, not too happy. :/

I have them set aside to see how they look after drying a bit, but there's definitely discoloration/creases on the boxes that will remain. I guess the important part is that the figures themselves are fine, but since I'm a collector [and prefer everything in pristine condition, even the boxes] it is a bit upsetting. It's not AmiAmi's fault, though. They had everything packaged extremely well, but even the water went through all of the packing material they had.

I noticed, after signing and bringing it inside, that there was extra cardboard attached to the outer box that said "Repaired by Canada Post" on it. That was worrying. When I opened it all up, the inside contents were wet. Because of this, many of the boxes [namely Sansei Muramasa and the Link Nendoroid] were damaged in a couple places. Thankfully the inside contents are fine, it's mostly the box itself that's damp. From what I can gather, the box was ripped open during transport, and likely got wet while being moved. So yeah, not too happy. :/

I'd be pissed. How do they manage to wreck a box with so much packing material inside?

Also, what's your take on MegaHouse Yurisha vs. Alphamax Excellen? I really do like Excellen, but that crotch-hugging one-piece on Yurisha. HHHNNNGGGG

Preview: Eiyuu*Senki GOLD - Tutankhamun 1/8 Complete Figure by ques Q
This is Meshi, here to serve up another heaping helping of figure previews. Tutankhamun has been in and out of headlines since his lost tomb was discovered in 1922, but never for anything quite like this. The famed pharaoh is making his foray into bishojo figures with the help of the Eiyuu*Senki GOLD series! Let's dig in!

Eiyuu*Senki GOLD - Tutankhamun 1/8 Complete Figure [ques Q]
Preview: Real Action Heroes No.689 RAH Black Butler: Book of Circus - Sebastian Michaelis by MEDICOM TOY
Hi, it's AmiAmi Otome again♪
Awhile ago Shizu Mecha gave a sneak preview of the upcoming Real Action Heroes Black Butler: Book of Circus Sebastian Michaelis. That Sebastian had many a reader swooning in all of his RAH glory (I know because I was one of them!).

Well I just couldn't get enough of him so I revisited the figure, going over every nook and cranny with a prying eye and camera. Here's what I came up with☆

Real Action Heroes No.689 RAH Black Butler: Book of Circus - Sebastian Michaelis [MEDICOM TOY]

"I'm just one hell of a butler."

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Additional Parts

---------------------------------------------------------------------

chrono01

I'd be pissed. How do they manage to wreck a box with so much packing material inside?

Also, what's your take on MegaHouse Yurisha vs. Alphamax Excellen? I really do like Excellen, but that crotch-hugging one-piece on Yurisha. HHHNNNGGGG
Yeah, I'm not sure what ordeal my box was in, but it couldn't have been pretty. I'm guessing it somehow got drenched first and then, after the cardboard was made wet/weak, it was manhandled in a rough manner and destroyed. As for me being upset, I definitely am. Sansei Muramasa cost me more than 10k yen, and seeing her box destroyed does anger me, but I'm not sure it's worth the trouble to call up and complain to Canada Post about it. I can't see them doing anything for me, so it would just be a waste of time on my part.

In-regards to your question, I'd go with Excellen personally. Super Robot Wars OG seems like a pretty niche franchise [at least, concerning figures], and she does look amazing. Yurisha looks great too [those legs!], and would probably be a better option if you already have one or two figures from the Yamato Girls Collection line. Honestly, you can't go wrong with either.

I know, I've been a great help. If all else fails, you could always flip a coin!

In-regards to your question, I'd go with Excellen personally. Super Robot Wars OG seems like a pretty niche franchise [at least, concerning figures], and she does look amazing. Yurisha looks great too [those legs!], and would probably be a better option if you already have one or two figures from the Yamato Girls Collection line. Honestly, you can't go wrong with either.

I'm probably sticking with Excellen. She's 1/6, and dat booty is curvier.

So my combined shipment arrived from AmiAmi, but not all things are good.

I have them set aside to see how they look after drying a bit, but there's definitely discoloration/creases on the boxes that will remain. I guess the important part is that the figures themselves are fine, but since I'm a collector [and prefer everything in pristine condition, even the boxes] it is a bit upsetting. It's not AmiAmi's fault, though. They had everything packaged extremely well, but even the water went through all of the packing material they had.

I'd be fucking pissed if this happened to me. Canada Post is usually fine when it comes to shipping (for me at least), I wonder what really happened to your stuff.

chrono01

I'd be fucking pissed if this happened to me. Canada Post is usually fine when it comes to shipping (for me at least), I wonder what really happened to your stuff.
I'm really not sure either. I have multiple packages per month arrive from them and have never had this issue.

I hope it doesn't happen again. Not exactly an enjoyable experience.

Einbroch

Banned
Holy shit those Vines killed me. Those are the funniest things I've seen in a long, long time.

And totally NSFW. But hilarious. lol9

RMI

Banned
I am curious, what happened? The official thread?

nothing happened, just a bunch of idiot nerds making huge sweeping generalizations about adults who buy toys or figures. I imagine these are the same people who start threads titled "Is anyone else embarrassed to play handhelds in public?" because god forbid a stranger would find out you like video games, or toys, or whatever else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom