• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Announced For PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really sad to see so many people react so negatively to this announcement. Hashimoto made his way to the US just to present this very special announcement which fans have been begging for forever, and this is the response they get? Tragic.
I agree though the reaction is expected from a portion of their fans. Or at least it should have been. The FF series in general has a VERY demanding fan base, and while some of it's justified, I'd imagine they're used to screams of "you didn't make this specifically how - I - wanted it".

Regardless, it'll do fine and it'll be great for some people who many haven't played it but wanted to. I'm just here to eat popcorn and watch the tantrums.

Road

I hope I don't come off as a jerk, but why on earth didn't Hashimoto have a translator with him? I barely understood half of what he said.

Do it like Ono did!

He wanted to feel the reaction to his trolling as he spoke.

artsi

After seeing this live and feeling all that emotion of a huge FF7 fan, I can't laugh. Feels bad man.

Aurongel

They made so much money off the PSN store version so this laziness/trolling doesn't surprise me. They're probably making more money by releasing this port coupled with the older PSN one than if they developed a new game entirely.

It's far more lucrative to just sell the same shit back to you.

Holmes

The only thing that can save this is if it has trophies. Then I can at least get a Final Fantasy VII platinum.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

RPGCrazied

People are delusional if they're expecting a remake of FFVII in FFXIII/FFXV like graphics.

I mean... They have KH3 and FFXV in their plate already.

They could at least remake the character models, and touch up the FMV sequences. Constantly rereleasing it in its playstation form is baffling. I bet iOS is next.

peronmls

Man, I never though I'd say this about any game company but Square Enix are total dicks or who ever thought this was a good idea. I never even played FF7, only CC.

Seriously no one asked for this, a port of ff7 is not what anybody wanted. What were they thinking? Sure they'll sell a few copies because most of us will be more than happy to play ff7. But when it's already available on PSX, PSN and PC it just feels like a waste of resources and a waste of potential to port it to PS4.

Draft

PS4 is truly the ideal platform for gamers interested in PC gaming but lacking the funds to build a proper PC.

aly

The excellent trollishness of this announcement has covered up the dissapointment. Oh Square Enix. Such jokers you are!

This is like the time that girl I went out with told me her parents found out about us, but there was still hope because she made a new email to talk with me but that was a part of the ruse too.

Hiko

Banned
When they kept showing the ps1 footage, I took that as implicit confirmation that ps1/ps2 BC was coming. This announcement was completely meaningless.

Tibbs-McGee

Neo Member
Beautiful trolling effort by Squeenix there. Absolutely flawless.

I don't think I'll ever understand the demand for a FF7 remake, though. We've all already played the original, and it would never live up to the ludicrous expectations that have been placed upon it anyway.

That was a gigantic troll, but I haven't played VII since it was originally released in the 90's. That said, I'll be picking this up to platinum.

Sillverrr

What a shambles. Who cares about a port of a port? Why would Sony even allow Square to make this pitiful announcement? Shows how Sony is still out of touch with die hards. What were they thinking?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
God, I really thought it was going to be the remake. What the fuck is wrong with Square Enix?

rMOW5Ez.gif

QFT

DMiz

I agree though the reaction is expected from a portion of their fans. Or at least it should have been. The FF series in general has a VERY demanding fan base, and while some of it's justified, I'd imagine they're used to screams of "you didn't make this specifically how - I - wanted it".

Regardless, it'll do fine and it'll be great for some people who many haven't played it but wanted to. I'm just here to eat popcorn and watch the tantrums.

We're demanding because the company used to actually inspire people throughout the industry.

Nowadays it's no better than an over-priced museum. You pay a $30 premium so you can reflect on paleontology.

Joni

Give me a manageable Platinum Trophy, give my Final Fantasy VIII too and I won't really complain. Even though this is completely absurd. BEst option would be a high-end remaster, replace all textures but keep it pre-rendered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom