• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Announced For PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

NahaNago

I will be honest: when the FFVII logo came on the screen, I thought he was announcing the remake and my heartbeat started to go fast and my breathing got weird.

I got trolled hard.

Anyways, if this is the PC version, maybe we'll get the achievements that Steam got.

I honestly was exactly the same way when that final fantasy 7 title came up.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
B4MuumICMAAyTXX.jpg:large

tanod

when is my burrito
This basically ruined the keynote for me. Mouth was agape during the trailer.

"What the fuck are they showing me?!?!?"

Seik

Banned
This can't just be a PC port.

At least, AT THE VERY FUCKING LEAST, they'll slap the real music in.

Right guys?

...GUYS?!

burnfout

JESUS I got trolled hard. I was yelling, THEY ARE DOING IT, THEY ARE FINALLY DOING IT. My GF came walking over to see what was up.

Fucking port. HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Ferrio

Banned
Why doesn't Square make a remake, anyway? It's easy money, caters to nostalgia and allows younger players to try it for the first time with modern graphics.

Because right now it's a carrot they can dangle infront of us. They also know if they did do a remake it'd never live up to the hype.

Well, at least with trophies it'll give me a reason to keep going in the game.

I remember trying to play it a few years back and ended around some snow mountain area because the narrative took a nosedive and there was some sort of a difficulty spike that made things unenjoyable.

VariantX

Can't get excited about this. This is the definition of phoning it in. As much as I like the game on pc, I cant stand how the bgs look now. Those low res pre rendered backgrounds are going to look awesome on our big high definition tvs.
/s

Empty

i'm still laughing

it's spectacular

the funniest thing is that i almost thought that it was so deliberate and over the top of a self-parody that it was a bait and switch for a one last thing set up joke and he'd come back out at the end and announce it. that he didn't is even better. amazing how this happened.

Konosuke

After Vib Ribbon they do this shit again?! What the fuck Square. It feels like they want people to rage. Bloody morons, you guys don't need people flocking to Twitter with rage filled tweets. EVERYONE WANTS A REMAKE MORONS.

Huddy

Maybe I just heard what I wanted to hear, but I swear he said upgraded graphics....

So is this a remaster?

Shin

Banned
This was so damn dumb, when he came out and the logo came up I was like yes!!
Even my girlfriend woke up when she heard the FF7 music only to see it's a PC port.

random25

My excitement turned into a big laugh fest while watching that SE segment. Excitement when the FFVII logo was shown, then starts to doubt when I'm not still seeing anything different, then just laughed out loud the moment the trailer ended.

Good job, SE! That was the most memorable segment in PSX!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Holy fucking shit it blows my goddamn mind that there are so many people who thought for even a second that it could be anything other than a port.

Undubbed

Maybe the plan is to show the old game and then much later reveal it's really the remake! Right guys? Right? Yes? ...

Yes, I'll keep telling myself that...................................

I know people are going to be understandably upset. I am too. I was genuinely shouting "OMG" out loud, but let me ask you guys something that might put things in perspective for you..

If somebody would have asked you yesterday, would you want FFVII ported to the PS4 with upscaled resolution to 1080p along with Trophies and a Platinum (I'm assuming), or nothing... what would you have chosen?

TheTux

I doubt they could troll more than this.

If they announced XIII-4 the result would have been worse than this lol.

AHHAHAHAHHAH

RPGCrazied

Is it really such a big deal that it's just a port? You should be happy you're even getting it.

When you can play it on PS, PSN, PC already, do we really even need this port? I guess trophies if it has them, still though I can do without this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom