• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Theme Song Trailer

Shin

Banned
Looks damn good, but man how I wished they would have until the upcoming gen to start with this project.
The possibility of what it could have looked like with high res assets and the likes and not be watered down to run on base PS4/Xbox.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Whitecrow

Banned
Man is SE out of their minds.

I knew that the episodic thing was there for a reason.

There's no way they can remake all FF 7 with those production values in less than 20 years¿?¿?

Last edited:

Somoza

Game looks fantastic. Also, isnt that Dr. Kleiner's voice actor from half-life at 0:56?

Too bad the trailer is highly spoilerific, but i guess after all the leaks squenix went "aw, fuck it" throw it all on the trailer.

Last edited:

There's no way they can remake all FF 7 with those production values in less than 20 years¿?¿?

Hopefully this logic will shut all the naysayers up, I'm so sick of hearing the same old lame excuse.

McCheese

Haha oh wow, well that's a fucking trailer.

I'm in bed ill today feeling like shit, but still spontaneously sat up and cheered when my boy Nanaki came on, and that Moogle summon is the most wholesome thing I've seen in 2020 so far. Square-Enix - Inject this into my veins, doctors orders.

On a side-note, I was curious how they would frame the cross-dressing stuff given all the possible backlash, Now I see what they are trying to do with that new dialogue etc, very clever.

Last edited:
Awesome :D

Also, watch some getting triggered by Cloud reacting negatively to being dressed up and dolled up as a lady 😂

Well he never willingly dressed up as a woman even in the original, he was forced to, and who can blame him? He has two of the most beautiful ladies by his side trying to convince him.

Looks damn good, but man how I wished they would have until the upcoming gen to start with this project.
The possibility of what it could have looked like with high res assets and the likes and not be watered down to run on base PS4/Xbox.
It's still one of the best looking games IMO.

Awesome :D

Also, watch some getting triggered by Cloud reacting negatively to being dressed up and dolled up as a lady 😂

The only people I see getting offended by the cross-dressing are SJW's.

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year

Once you find the right look, get all your tools together, nail the gameplay, and so forth, if they just continue in the same vein without adding or changing significant stuff, the following episodes can be developed much faster.

Keep in mind that a large chunk of time was pretty much wasted by rebooting what they previously had, made by Cyberconnect 2. Now they have all the elements in place, so it should be relative smooth sailing.

Well he never willingly dressed up as a woman even in the original.

When did this ever stop the usual suspects from getting triggered? 😂

The only people I see getting offended by the cross-dressing are SJW's.

Yeah. I'm not expecting many to be offended by the cross-dressing, but I certainly can see some getting offended by the fact that Cloud is pissed off about it.

Last edited:

Handel

If you slow down the later gameplay parts you can see Red XIII out there on the battlefield and fighting alongside Aerith in a seeming cutscene near the end. Didn't see him as listed being in the party, so likely only a guest fighter and not directly playable as rumored.

Birdo

Banned
Oh man, the Trans community are going to be soooo pissed at the Crossdressing part*

I expect a Kotaku article soon.

*For those that don't know. A lot of vocal Trans activists absolutely hate crossdressers and drag queens, as they feel it's making fun of them.

Last edited:

Blond

Banned

The game looks amazing as-is, at times it doesn't even look like it's running on current-gen looking at that trailer.

Vawn

Banned
As awesome as this looks, I'm having a bad feeling that we may never get the other episodes.

They've really bitten off a lot with this project. I hope they don't determine further episodes aren't worth the effort.

Can anyone confirm any late parts in game?

Will this be a full 7 remake or a part?

Looks like they are in a good spot with cyberpunk delay.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Amazing stuff

Fbh

Looks absolutely fantastic.
The writing isn't great, as expected, but at least the japanese voices should help with that. Other than that it looks stunning 7

LOL also anyone want to bet how many Kotaku article we'll get about the crossdressing part?

Can anyone confirm any late parts in game?

Will this be a full 7 remake or a part?

Looks like they are in a good spot with cyberpunk delay.

It's part 1, it will take place in Midgar.
But, according to Square, it will be expanded into a full game with content that will be comparable to full mainline FF7 entry. The trailer already shows a ton of stuff that wasn't in the original

People need to let go of this idea that it's part of a full game. They have taken the original story, expanded it and turned into a series of full games

Top Bottom