• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Theme Song Trailer

Kev Kev

Fuck me im replaying this on Switch while I wait. The music alone...

dude i have been resisting this so hard. the idea being i dont want to compare the new one super hard to the old one, which i will inevitably do no matter what, but at least the old one wont be fresh in my mind when playing the new one.

thing is i dont even own a ps4 lol so i wont even be able to play i till i get one of those

i seriously may have to scratch this itch soon, dont know how much longer i can hold out

Tahj

Despite having played FFVII countless times, when this trailer was over I almost felt like I'd had the game spoiled 😅 That said, didn't stop me from watching it another five times today. Not a fan of the song, & voice acting continues to be the blemish thus far for me, but everything else...fuckin hell, is it April yet??

Aggelos

The composers of FF7 Remake

• Masashi Hamauzu (FFX, Dirge of Cerberus, FFXIII trilogy, World of FF)
  • Mitsuto Suzuki (FFXIII-2, Lightning Returns, Mobius FF)
  • Yoshitaka Suzuki (FFXV's Wanderlust, Hellfire, etc., KHIII)
  • Shotaro Shima (FF Record Keeper, KHIII)
  • Yoshinori Nakamura (FF Record Keeper, KHIII)
  • Nobuo Uematsu as the composer of the theme song, "Hollow".

Last edited:

Rodolink

Fuck I cried when I watched this, damn nostalgia.
I think I'll die when N announces OoT remake on this way (in another dimension u_u)

Last edited:

LMJ

Few trailers have me in an ear to ear smile this late in the generation, but the Nostalgia, the attention to detail, the new things to see, the phenomenal graphics ,camera work, effects...and the gameplay looks soooooo good to :D

It's like they went back into the 90s and used a dream reading machine on my adolescent mind and increased the fidelity on everything lol

April cant get here soon enough, I think Square may have a MASSIVE sales monster coming their way :)

Day Freaking One!

Last edited:

E.T. Waifu

The composers of FF7 Remake

• Masashi Hamauzu (FFX, Dirge of Cerberus, FFXIII trilogy, World of FF)
  • Mitsuto Suzuki (FFXIII-2, Lightning Returns, Mobius FF)
  • Yoshitaka Suzuki (FFXV's Wanderlust, Hellfire, etc., KHIII)
  • Shotaro Shima (FF Record Keeper, KHIII)
  • Yoshinori Nakamura (FF Record Keeper, KHIII)
  • Nobuo Uematsu as the composer of the theme song, "Hollow".
Wait, I don't get it, Nobou has only composed theme song ? Also, suuuuuuuuuper happy Hamauzu came back for this game.

Last edited:

badblue

Gold Member
giphy.gif

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: LMJ
Can't wait for this game to end up like FFXIII once the hype died at release.

Quite the opposite actually. FF13 was hated prior to release, and each subsequent release was frowned upon. FF7R as you noticed is hyped, which FF13 lacked, means people like what they see. If anything this will likely surpass the original FF7, in both sales and expectations, which is no small task.

Quite the opposite actually. FF13 was hated prior to release,

What?

Pallas

That theme is amazing. One of my most anticipating games, I can’t wait to play it. I need to play the original FFVII again for nostalgic purposes. I really hope we get a demo at least before they release this game to hold us over. Similar to the demo that came with new Playstation 1’s back in the day.

What?

That's was all before people actually got to see how crappy the direction the game was going.

Some of these were just before the games release. You said it was hated before.

In this thread people already got a taste of what FFXIII was about, either by screenshots or trailers.

Oh is it now? It’s crappy? You’re uncle must work at SE. Please do tell what the game is like since you’ve already played it.

FFXIII was a snorefest, with a convoluted story, no towns, linear gameplay, poor voice acting, bad main character, annoying side characters, lame setting, and depending which game no summons. I could go on, but all three games left me with a sour taste, and I don't need my uncle to tell you that. The difference here I'm not getting the same vibes with FF7R as I did with FFXIII going in, I'm actually looking forward to playing FF7R.

In this thread people already got a taste of what FFXIII was about, either by screenshots or trailers.

You're omitting the other links and building a strawman.

You said people "hated the game PRIOR to release" you can't spin this.

You're omitting the other links and building a strawman.

You said people "hated the game PRIOR to release" you can't spin this.

I'm not omitting anything, out of the links you provided, only the first two talk about FFXIII, the other two are products and the last one is a paid review which scored every FF a 9 or above. Out of the first two, the first one in an announcement of the game going to xbox, and the other one for the cover, did you actually read the what you posted? Or you just wasting my time? On the cover, most comments were negative, so that leaves the first one, which is mostly comments of people excited that FF is coming to Xbox for the first time. However I provide another thread that show some initial reactions to FFXIII, and for the most part people were like "meh".

I'm not omitting anything, out of the links you provided,

After excluding all links but the Neogaf link in the last post.

I'm not omitting anything, out of the links you provided, only the first two talk about FFXIII, the other two are products and the last one is a paid review which scored every FF a 9 or above. Out of the first two, the first one in an announcement of the game going to xbox, and the other one for the cover, did you actually read the what you posted? Or you just wasting my time? On the cover, most comments were negative, so that leaves the first one, which is mostly comments of people excited that FF is coming to Xbox for the first time. However I provide another thread that show some initial reactions to FFXIII, and for the most part people were like "meh".

This is rubbish, you made a claim you screwed up. You said the game was hated BEFORE release and ran back twice, where are you links showing "HATRED" for the game before launch? Also some mixed comments aren't "hated".

After excluding all links but the Neogaf link in the last post.

This is rubbish, you made a claim you screwed up. You said the game was hated BEFORE release and ran back twice, where are you links showing "HATRED" for the game before launch? Also some mixed comments aren't "hated".

I didn't screw up anything, I stick with what I said. You didn't prove anything but your inability to read, and now you're making false claims to save face. When FF7R comes out and is well received and breaking sales records, we'll see who's right.

Last edited:

Handel

im a sucker for these mash up videos

This kind is just aggravating as it's a bunch of people yelling/talking over each other and you can barely hear anything they say. Obviously Max is worth the solo watch, and I can recommend Soldier First Class as well.

Wish more of these compilations were done in the style of switching between the different reactions, fitting the best reaction to each scene. That way only one or just a few voices are going on at a time. There was an amazing BOTW mashup that did this that sadly seems to have been taken down as I can't find it anymore.

Hulk_Smash

Banned

FFXIII was a snorefest, with a convoluted story, no towns, linear gameplay, poor voice acting, bad main character, annoying side characters, lame setting, and depending which game no summons. I could go on, but all three games left me with a sour taste, and I don't need my uncle to tell you that. The difference here I'm not getting the same vibes with FF7R as I did with FFXIII going in, I'm actually looking forward to playing FF7R.

I had no idea you were talking about 13, since you were seemingly replying to no one. So I thought your comment was directed at this new trailer.

I had no idea you were talking about 13, since you were seemingly replying to no one. So I thought your comment was directed at this new trailer.

Sorry, my post was directed to Afro, who claims FF7R is receiving the same hype/reactions that FFXIII did, and thus end in the same manner. As he worded it "died at release".

Last edited:

Shantae

Banned
This trailer is amazing, but man they show so much. I thought this game was only Midgard, yet it seems like they show almost every major part of Midgard in the trailer. It looks great, but the whole point of the remake is to see some of this stuff brought to life again, and I wouldn't have minded being surprised while playing the game more.

This trailer is amazing, but man they show so much. I thought this game was only Midgard, yet it seems like they show almost every major part of Midgard in the trailer. It looks great, but the whole point of the remake is to see some of this stuff brought to life again, and I wouldn't have minded being surprised while playing the game more.

Maybe they only shown what was already known, my guess is they're holding back on showing all the expanded content, other than Roche who's only a 3rd class Soldier, they haven't shown much of the other sectors, if there's other higher class Soldiers, or anything that hasn't already been leaked. My guess there's still plenty to be surprised, if Midgar is going to be longer than the original.

Kev Kev

Have they gone with Aerith over Aeris for all regions? If so I think that'll be my only complaint.
aerith. i believe you even hear cloud say it correctly in this new trailer

which of course sounds like aeris with a lisp and ill never be able to unhear that :messenger_tears_of_joy: 🤷‍♂️

but i am glad the controversy will finally be over.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
aerith. i believe you even hear cloud say it correctly in this new trailer

which of course sounds like aeris with a lisp and ill never be able to unhear that :messenger_tears_of_joy: 🤷‍♂️

but i am glad the controversy will finally be over.

I mean, they're literally both correct, so I'm not sure why it's even a controversy 🤷‍♂️

LMJ

Has the exclusivity ever been given a date or time?

We all know it's a timed exclusive, but the wording has always seemed intentionality vague to me...all the way back to the first E3 teaser

Regardless it's a win for Sony and will likely move HUGE numbers lol

I didn't screw up anything, I stick with what I said. You didn't prove anything but your inability to read, and now you're making false claims to save face. When FF7R comes out and is well received and breaking sales records, we'll see who's right.

Dude you fucked up, stop being stubborn and just stop it. You're original post is clearly visible, you didn't add any extra words,

FF13 was hated prior to release,

You have yet to produce the evidence, time for you to give up unless you actually have significant evidence proving "hatred" since I'm the only one that posted the opposing view, the one that actually exists.

You also said Xiii lacked hype, is that why people ran to buy the game?

I have no idea who the heck you think you're fooling, you messed up and tried to move the goal posts. I have no idea why you're being so defensive over nothing, but you definitely didn't stick to what you said. Instead, you've been changing what you said acting like the original post doesn't exist. I can red, you just aren't competent enough to articulate your point.

Top Bottom