• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Theme Song Trailer

^Ahh the ol' I lost the argument so I'll completely change the topic if I think I have an out strategy.

Poor Sid, just another sad example of a person running from failure.

^Ahh the ol' I lost the argument so I'll completely change the topic if I think I have an out strategy.

Poor Sid, just another sad example of a person running from failure.

I lost something? All I know is you keep making a fool of yourself, so I don't care. I find amusing that you're so defensive, I wonder why? :unsure:

^Well he gave up, just trolling now. Didn't even post anything to back his claim, just ran from it. Another one with Zero credibility.

Has the exclusivity ever been given a date or time?

We all know it's a timed exclusive, but the wording has always seemed intentionality vague to me...all the way back to the first E3 teaser

Regardless it's a win for Sony and will likely move HUGE numbers lol

I don't think FF7 has the pull that you think it does nowadays. It's also releasing in an episodic format which is going to ruin it's sales potential. Honestly, they should have just went all in on a full game.

LMJ

Afro Republican Afro Republican I think it does, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the reviews are good for this title to be in top sellers for months, FF7 Remake has gamers excited like no FF has in a long time...

The Nostalgia factor ensures most old school gamers are intrigued, and the story and characters that we older gamers fell in love with are capturing the hearts of newer gamers like Lightning and her creator could only hope FF13 would...

Youre trying to be snarky wishing this game to bomb but failed miserably

Don't make things up without proof.

If I wished the game would bomb I would have said it. It's just very possible that Square will mess up the game quality based on their track record. Your random aggressive make-believe scenario does not apply here because I didn't attack FF7. If I attacked anything, and that's being generous, it's Squares recent track record, and this being an episodic release won't help things. I'm just being more grounded compared to some in this thread who are getting overexcited about the content Square is slowly releasing for the game just like in 2009.

Basically, Square has to prove it can actually do this because they have not given me and many others any reason to give them the benefit of the doubt for nearly 10 years.

^Well he gave up, just trolling now. Didn't even post anything to back his claim, just ran from it. Another one with Zero credibility.

I don't think FF7 has the pull that you think it does nowadays. It's also releasing in an episodic format which is going to ruin it's sales potential. Honestly, they should have just went all in on a full game.

First of all I didn't give up or lose anything, in order for me to lose something, I would need something to lose, which I don't.

If I wished the game would bomb I would have said it. It's just very possible that Square will mess up the game quality based on their track record. Your random aggressive make-believe scenario does not apply here because I didn't attack FF7. If I attacked anything, and that's being generous, it's Squares recent track record, and this being an episodic release won't help things. I'm just being more grounded compared to some in this thread who are getting overexcited about the content Square is slowly releasing for the game just like in 2009.

Basically, Square has to prove it can actually do this because they have not given me and many others any reason to give them the benefit of the doubt for nearly 10 years.

Second of all your being super defensive, surely there's a reason for it and I think I figured it out. You made a bold claim, you were wrong, you're in denial, and you're trying to divert the subject.

First of all I didn't give up or lose anything, in order for me to lose something, I would need something to lose, which I don't.

Still not backing up your claim I see. Can't prove that people mass hated FFXIII PRIOR to release huh? I don't blame you, was a pretty bad claim.

Still not backing up your claim I see. Can't prove that people mass hated FFXIII PRIOR to release huh? I don't blame you, was a pretty bad claim.

I did you just skipped it and ignored it. I will admit that I should've said "dislike" rather than "hate", but in the end doesn't it mean the same thing? You compare the reactions from FFXIII to FF7R, dislikes vs likes, isn't it obvious there's a difference of reception?

Airbus Jr

Banned

Theres always a chances for sequel to bomb and failed, this isnt something that is mutually exclusive to final fantasy

This is a FFVII news

Why are you diverting the subject into FFXIII

So you're going to pretend you didn't misread and try attacking me on a simple post wondering if Square will screw up the hype like FFXIII You are completely inconsistent.

Theres always a chances for sequel to bomb and failed, this isnt something that is mutually exclusive to final fantasy

I never said it was, you have habit of just coming up with bizarre assumptions when the base for it isn't there. You also ignored my post, I said I was basing MY comment and MY opinion on Squares track record, i never said this was "exclusive to final fantasy" come on man you aren't dumb.

Airbus Jr

Banned
So you're going to pretend you didn't misread and try attacking me on a simple post wondering if Square will screw up the hype like FFXIII You are completely inconsistent.

I never said it was, you have habit of just coming up with bizarre assumptions when the base for it isn't there. You also ignored my post, I said I was basing MY comment and MY opinion on Squares track record, i never said this was "exclusive to final fantasy" come on man you aren't dumb.

Yeah we get it, you already made quite a scene around here

Suit yourself if you dont like the game

Last edited:

donfonzie

Gold Member

Could you provide some more details into your claims about Square messing up game quality based on thier track record? Personally, I think the recent Hitman and Tomb Raider games have been pretty good.

Ownage

Is there a function to mute voices and just read text? I don't want to hear ppl's voices but do want to hear the music.

Poor Monstahkilla completely delusional and emotional.

Could you provide some more details into your claims about Square messing up game quality based on thier track record? Personally, I think the recent Hitman and Tomb Raider games have been pretty good.

You mean the two franchises they has nothing to do with and one of the two were made by a studio they spun-off? I'm talking about Actual Square Enix's record for the last 10 years, as in games directly made by Square, not brought subsidies form the west where Square doesn't even get involved, and again, one of which they spun off, IO interactive.

Entroyp

My interest in this game was near zero until about 6 months ago. Only after the latest previews and trailers my hype jumped through the roof.

I just hope Square releases the next chapter in few years time and not half a decade later.

Last edited:
It's hard to be negative when you see how superb this trailer looks, but...

Squeenix used to be able to do good turned based combat, a long time ago. They've never been able to nail good real time combat.

Right now what you should reasonably expect is something that looks like your dream come true of what an FF7 remake would be visually, but that plays like a kingdom hearts or an FFXV.

I would love to be proven wrong, I just think based on their recent output, that's what we're likely to get. If you do like the gameplay in those games, feel free to overclock your hype-o-meter.

Since you're not going to get a straight answer from Afro, I'll try to answer you. As for Good games we recently received, Dragon Quest XI, Octopath Traveler, Bravely Default, Nier Automata, of course the Tomb Raider series are great, Life is Strange, Final Fantasy XIV, the Saga series, I heard good things about I am Setsuna even though I never tried it, and of course the upcoming Trials of Mana. I heard Mixed things about Kingdom Hearts III, Final Fantasy XV (tbf this game had a rough development, but I tried it and enjoyed it. It has flaws but imo an improvement over XIII), there's been hits or miss with the Hitman and Deus Ex and Just Cause series, Dissidia Final Fantasy NT (which I also enjoyed), there's also a lot budget titles here and there I don't feel like listing. I could be leaving some games out, so if anyone wants to take a shot at them be my guest, but overall their track record has been good to mixed, and improving since their Final Fantasy XIII days, so they're getting back on track.

Last edited:

stickkidsam

Gold Member
Neat gameplay footage.

Kind of a shitty trailer.

I don't think layering a bunch of random, badly synced quotes over a poorly mixed song is as cool as Square seems to think it is.

Airbus Jr

Banned

Hes got nothing, its all his subjective opinions

You can see it yourself in this thread whos the guy that really upset

Hes still pissed this game isnt coming to Xbox

However you wont be seeing him complain about other Square Enix game like Rise of Tomb Raider bcos it doesnt fit his narrative

Last edited:

donfonzie

Gold Member
Since you're not going to get a straight answer from Afro, I'll try to answer you. As for Good games we recently received, Dragon Quest XI, Octopath Traveler, Bravely Default, Nier Automata, of course the Tomb Raider series are great, Life is Strange, Final Fantasy XIV, the Saga series, I heard good things about I am Setsuna even though I never tried it, and of course the upcoming Trials of Mana. I heard Mixed things about Kingdom Hearts III, Final Fantasy XV (tbf this game had a rough development, but I tried it and enjoyed it. It has flaws but imo an improvement over XIII), there's been hits or miss with the Hitman and Deus Ex and Just Cause series, Dissidia Final Fantasy NT (which I also enjoyed), there's also a lot budget titles here and there I don't feel like listing. I could be leaving some games out, so if anyone wants to take a shot at them be my guest, but overall their track record has been good to mixed, and improving since their Final Fantasy XIII days, so they're getting back on track.

That's what I was thinking. Square Enix has a massive catalogue of critically acclaimed titles, which have sold really well, so how can one make such absurd and uninformed statements like Afro.

donfonzie

Gold Member
Poor Monstahkilla completely delusional and emotional.

You mean the two franchises they has nothing to do with and one of the two were made by a studio they spun-off? I'm talking about Actual Square Enix's record for the last 10 years, as in games directly made by Square, not brought subsidies form the west where Square doesn't even get involved, and again, one of which they spun off, IO interactive.

No. I mean the two game franchises that Square Enix own. Theres no "Actual Square™️". Square Enix is a corporation; a publisher who owns development teams through which it makes games to sell. It also owns game IP's, which it can outsource to other companies to make games for them. That's how adults do business. I hope you don't think it's the same bunch of people making games under the name Square making all the games do you? I'm afraid your statements make you sound more delusional.

As far as thier track record is concerned, the company has been showing growth in the last few years . The company's Digital Entertainment segment, which houses its video game operations, reported net sales actually increased by 4.2 percent to 85.4 billion yen ($781.1 million). years. Their share price has been increasing over the past ten years. They have a successful catalogue of games, which will probably be bolstered by the release of FF7 remake.

Bennettt2

Trailer was good! More importantly, the trailer made me realize one thing ... we might actually have the civilization of the Ancients fleshed out. Something sadly missing in the original.
Voices sound good, but I'm sure it's better within the game mix.

No. I mean the two game franchises that Square Enix own. Theres no "Actual Square™️".

Than why when Hitman was under Square many didn't say "developed by square" they say it was developed by "IO Interactive?"

This is the definition of a strawman. They did the same with Deux Ex, people will say it's a Square Enix game, but most people and journalists will not say it's developed be Square Enix. Eidos has it's own damn website come on.

It's like saying Sega developed Total War, no one is saying that, they are saying Creative assembly did. When it comes to games made from inside Square like FFXV, FFXII, KH3, and others, they have had a disappointing track record for the most part for the last 10 years with a few decent things spread out in limited fashion.

Guy above who posted games like Nier and Life Is Strange has no idea what he's talking about, those aren't games made directly by Square, and for the latter Square doesn't even have infleunce of the company or the IP. Capcom even published their first game,

gela94

I'm hyped but I hate that they delayed it now I have less time to play it :messenger_loudly_crying: But I wish they would speak about in which time frame we could expect the rest of the games.

Ryu Kaiba

I'm already planning to get this, so there is no need for me to watch this trailer.
Not only the nicest but among the smartest. Very much worth it to skip trailers when you know you're getting a game especially this one. This one would've been too spoilery.

Top Bottom