• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Chapter 0 revealed, preview inbound (Spoilers) (Duh)

daveo42

Banned
HmMguON.gif

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1233181

This news makes me more disappointed in how the story will play out. Was expecting...idk...more.

chefbags

It would make sense to me if Sony and S-E have some sort of deal with Neo bundles and FFXV is the only third-party bundle for the new console for the Christmas campaign or something like that. They would want the Neo version to be better than the regular one.

Yeah I guess I can see that. But delaying it even further to 2017 for neo would be kind of shitty but better in the end for the best version out there.

I just want my ps4 version by the Nov 29th honestly.

Zedark

Yeah. If you try to make a ff x synopsis you will basically say it's a garbage story.

Tidus goes to future through Sin.Auron throws him to Sin. In future Spira he meets Yuna.
Yuna must defeat Sin, he joins her and her group. Seymour is the bad guy trying to achieve power and tries to marry Yuna.
Yuna refuses after discovering Seymour killed his own father.
Group defeat Seymour over and over again.
They reach Zanarkand, manage to defeat Sin ( in reality Sin is Tidus father,Jecht)
Yu Yevon is the real final boss.
Tidus disappears after Sin is defeated
The end.

True, and it is such a nice story imo. You shouldn't judge the quality of a story on a synopsis, otherwise even TLOU will sound dumb and simple!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm surprised that
nobody guessed Ardyn had some association to Ifrit considering his name has connotation of fire

If this is true....

635835873947517701110066061_200.gif

I'm concerned that they thought it was a good idea to develop the whole game on a high end PC first, then "worry" about porting to consoles at the last minute. No matter what other bad decisions they've made, this one seems like the worst.
This is one of my legit concern too which is why I have hope that the Neo version can prove to be good.

Stage 1 is denial.

That said, I'm sure some people will like the game no matter yhe quality
Denial about what? Did I miss the negative previews or something.

The story is typical FF affair. Those who have enjoyed the past FFs will love it, I am sure. But this doesn't mean the whole game is bad.

You know what, how about you wait for the actual previews from the press before you start calling people who refuse to accept the opinion of some random leaker as the gospel truth.

The entire KH story summarized in any length of sentences sounds like shit...
Exactly. But the games are good and loved by critics and fans alike. Story being shit has nothing to do with the experience of playing the game.

so you're saying...................that KH's story isn't shit?
TTf8CS0.png
It is shit. But my point is that despite being shit, I really enjoyed the game even at the end of the day, nothing made sense. Get it?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
But i at least found the XIII's battle system to be great

From what i've tried of this...ugh

Personally FFXIII has one of the best FF combat systems since X-2. So it's kinda hard to top that I guess.

Ydelnae

I mean, we could still post stuff from the first leak that was said to be exaggeratedly negative by the other person, but it would be nice to not pretend there's only one side of the leak coin just because we want to hate on the game.

xion4360

Yeah. If you try to make a ff x synopsis you will basically say it's a garbage story.

Tidus goes to future through Sin.Auron throws him to Sin. In future Spira he meets Yuna.
Yuna must defeat Sin, he joins her and her group. Seymour is the bad guy trying to achieve power and tries to marry Yuna.
Yuna refuses after discovering Seymour killed his own father.
Group defeat Seymour over and over again.
They reach Zanarkand, manage to defeat Sin ( in reality Sin is Tidus father,Jecht)
Yu Yevon is the real final boss.
Tidus disappears after Sin is defeated
The end.

lol exactly.. how does anyone read a summary like that and truly believe they played through FFX! theres so much more that is going on and every scene has its own things going on.. you CANNOT simply boil it down to that and judge it based on that regardless of how you feel about the story.

bunkitz

So I take it that based on the 4chan leak, the game seems bad? I don't want to get spoiled, so aside from the barren open world and only 2 hours of working gameplay thing, what exactly was bad about it?

I'm slightly surprised at myself, cause I'm not submitting to the negativity much, if at all. I'm still optimistic about the game.

Ray Down

Banned
I'm surprised that
nobody guessed Ardyn had some association to Ifrit considering his name has connotation of fire

It kind of reminds me of Ashlynn from DQ6 translates to like burnt to ash...

Though we don't know for sure if
Ardyn is Ifrit, since 2nd leak said he wasn't.

I'm very happy that I didn't read the story spoilers of the leaked info when it was posted here on gaf. But it seems like most people take this "confirmation" of the leak as something that would not be good for the final game. I can't wait for the game to come out now ...

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
lol exactly.. how does anyone ready a summary like that and truly believe they played through FFX! theres so much more that is going on and every scene has its own things going on.. you CANNOT simply boil it down to that and judge it based on that regardless of how you feel about the story.
FFX is another example of a pretty terrible video game story tho...god guys next you'll use FFXIII as an example.

Sami+

The entire KH story summarized in any length of sentences sounds like shit...

The biggest difference is, at least to me, that Kingdom Hearts was made engaging by its cast of genuinely likable characters. We've had quite a bit of exposure to Insomnian sensation Sword Art Boys and I still don't care at all about any of them.

Anth0ny

holy shiiiiiiiit those 4chan leaks were spot on

behind the scenes development hell it sounds like. unfortunately, i'm expecting a lot of problems with the ps4 and xbone ports of the game. surely it'll get a neo/scorpio re-release next year once the game is out the door and they can focus on optimizing for those consoles.

expecting a complete shitstorm when this finally launches ._.

Isn't it strange that people almost want this game to be bad? So much negativity around here. I'm really curious to know why. Even if the leaks are true, we know next to nothing about the final version of the game.

I've been noticing a significant amount of negativity towards a lot of games recently; whether NMS or FFXV. People wishing for things to fail. It confuses and befuddles me to be honest. Although I'd be sad if FFXV turned out bad. Was looking forward to it.

It's cool to hate on FFXV apparently. A lot of bandwagoning to be honest just for the sake of shitting on it.
Who exactly are these people wishing for failure? Or the hate bandwagoners?

At this point, Final Fantasy needs to go back to formula. And not in the 'Sonic's going back to its' roots (of SA1)' formula with Sonic 06, either. NES Final Fantasy formula. Turn-Based, Simple-Ass Story, no anime/Jpop, Jobs/Classes, Airships, etc.

I guess as long as Ito directs, I'm game with whatever he wants to make.

But goddamn do I want his game based on Agni (which is what Verendus had said).

Garlador

FFXIV is damn good though.

They just had to fail hard for a whole year, scrap the game entirely, and spend several years entirely rebuilding it from scratch after the universally poor reception.

... I wonder if FFXV will follow suit?

Honestly, I'm bummed by this, and I've only followed the game from a distance. Just "acceptable" is all I'm wanting after an entire console generation wasted on Lightning and her merry band of idiots.

I guess this further explains the delay. Maybe they'd just ship a blank disc having a day 1 patch add the actual game in like Tony Hawk 5 which likely wouldn't go well with consumers.
It's a shame the production has been so messy, not sure why they invested so much time and money into tech demonstrations when it's not even that impressive and they sank so much money into the release date event only to have it leaked and then proven false.
I was also hoping XV would bring a new era of JRPGs since I like the concept of an action game combat system with a big world and story to experience.
Will be interesting to see how the final game turns out, likely the production troubles will be a more interesting story than anything SE can put out, but I'll still buy it.
Not sure SE will can FF as a franchise, but maybe put it on hold till they have have their shit together (after finishing 3 and 7 remake) and hopefully reveal it closer to its release date to show they've changed instead of wanting to show it off as soon as possible which is what got them in this mess to begin with

artsi

I think people have honestly lost faith in the FF team to deliver a quality product.

"FF team" is a pretty loose concept these days, considering the series is changing directors, producers, artists and technical people all the time.

Why did they say the leak was fake,I read it after that...fuck sake.

It probably is, a confirmed developer said it's BS and there was another leaker with more accurate info and positive outlook.
Chapter 0 is the start of the game, many people could have had access to that without seeing the whole thing. Some kind of focus test / closed demo, QA, there's many possibilities.

Top Bottom