• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Chapter 0 revealed, preview inbound (Spoilers) (Duh)

Zedark

Ah, shit. So I take it that based on the 4chan leak, the game seems bad? I don't want to get spoiled, so aside from the barren open world and only 2 hours of working gameplay thing, what exactly was bad about it?

It's a bit more difficult than that. There are several (two or three, not sure) that contain info that is now verified by the Gamereactor preview, but they contradict each other on certain points, for example on the
abundance of towns and cities
. So, we can't definitively say what is and isn't true in these rumours, let alone what is exaggeration (game is a mess means dips to 25 fps at certain points for some people, for example).

Edit: I have read both leaks (only the negative one) but people here say that one leak is negative about the game while the second is more positive (can't confirm atm).

The main issue I have is the
sleeping for 10 years part.
That sounds like the dumbest way to achieve a timeskip ever, and potentially makes zero sense on how the enemies wouldn't bother to do something about it when
Noctis sleeps.
I'm afraid it's been... ten years.
X
V has come to.

Kouriozan

HmMguON.gif

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1233181
Well, damn, my worst fear about this game looks like will be true.

Haha, what?

Second leaker went on 4chan and said
The reason they are doing this instead of basically telling sony to fuck off is the fact that sony is subsidizing a heavy chunk of the cost for this lift to be done, and willing to promote it as a flagship Neo title. There will also be a neo bundle. Basically the Neo version is now the lead version instead of PS4, because of this, the other versions have to run better than they were going to due to sonys rules about Neo. Its a big clusterfuck over there.

I guess because it's 4chan there is really no way to confirm if he's really the same poster?

Mifec

"FF team" is a pretty loose concept these days, considering the series is changing directors, producers, artists and technical people all the time.

It probably is, a confirmed developer said it's BS and there was another leaker with more accurate info and positive outlook.

The second leaker pretty much confirmed the first leak just changes a few misconceptions.

R-User!

There was a 4chan leak that basically said the entire game's production was a fucking mess. There's even a point that they're like only two hours were playable on PS4 and the game "barely turns on". The dude leaked a TON of plot details and this was pretty close to one of them.

Edit: I'm much, MUCH more concerned about what the leaker said WRT to Final Fantasy XVI. Like, I'd be pretty pissed at Square since I always thought the only reason they even made Versus into XV in the first place was to give themselves more time to get on a decent schedule with future FF games.

What's that part about 16? If it doesn't spoil anything about 15...

Ketaya

Is it confrimed that it's running on the console? Also I love your Avatar where did you get it? Made it yourself?

Well, press played it on console (both X1 and PS4), that was confirmed, and they aren't using the orange platform-neutral buttons that usually are on their dev-builds when running on PC. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the same build from the press event, maybe slightly updated.

My avatar is a picture that was posted on the official FFXV twitter some time ago.

Leak is definitely worded in a way to lower expectations, but I hardly think prematurely judging the game based on some months old 4chan text is necessary. Willing to wait and check out some of the gameplay videos in the coming months to make my decision.

FelipeMGM

『Inaba Resident』;213815697 said:

Oh boy

Reddit AMA said:
Question: How did the graphics and image quality look? Improved over the screenshots and Titan demo? Notable jagged edges?

m00sician:
Downgraded, sadly. I'd say even the duscae demo looked better. FPS dip really hard during cutscenes when there is a closeup, the general game runs fine though.

Simo

Man, without having read the leak and I won't, chapter 0 sounds fucking cool.

I'm now feeling a little bummed out about that delay...lol

KingBroly

Banned
Oh boy

Reddit AMA]How did the graphics and image quality look? Improved over the screenshots and Titan demo? Notable jagged edges?

m00sician:
Downgraded, sadly. I'd say even the duscae demo looked better. FPS dip really hard during cutscenes when there is a closeup, the general game runs fine though.

What'd Duscae run at? 900/720 on PS4/Xbone?

Ralemont

not me
FFX is another example of a pretty terrible video game story tho...god guys next you'll use FFXIII as an example.

Is there an FF story you do like? If not then fair enough but you also kind of aren't the target of the point. Point being, presumably someone expecting a good story from Final Fantasy would base those expectations on a past Final Fantasy story they liked. If so, it doesn't make sense to decide the story will suck based on a plot summary because they all sound ridiculous as lists and not stories.

Isn't it strange that people almost want this game to be bad? So much negativity around here. I'm really curious to know why. Even if the leaks are true, we know next to nothing about the final version of the game.

At this point I just want it to be out so that SE can finally close the chapter on the omnishambles that has been FFXV's development and move on to something I might be interested in. If the game's good, it'll just be a bonus, but it doesn't look promising right now.

xion4360

FFX is another example of a pretty terrible video game story tho...god guys next you'll use FFXIII as an example.

The sentiment is true about any story tho, thats what were saying.. saying its bad based off 5 lines is plainly ridiculous.. you don't know how the story plays out yet.

Its annoying when GAF goes off like this based on very basic info..a lot is about to be shown off just wait until you get your own eyes on things.

Honestly. This game just makes me mad now. Just read the ama from the guy whose played it and he said it looks worse than duscae image quality wise (which means if I wanna play a decent looking version ill have to buy a neo) square should be embarassed that they had a whole event to announce a date that they going to miss. I want to be excited for this game, I really do, but everything ive read has been nothing but negative and I just dont know if my excitement can overcome the negativity surrounding this game anymore.

Labadal

Even if this confirms the leak, I have a real hard time believing getting FFXVI depends on how FFXV does. Even if it flops or disappoints, I can't believe Square would allow the series to hinge on a single game that's had a long, troubled and exhausting development cycle.
FFXII and FFXIII were in development hell. Don't get me started on FFXIV.

Maybe the series should go portable in the future.

Dark_castle

For those who wanted simple story, good news, the story's basic progression is quite straightforward indeed. No crazy plot twist as far as I'm concerned, fairly basic JRPG kind of story.

I agree that journey is often more important than the conclusion, so if the game's writing and moment to moment story scenes are well directed, then it's going to be fine. At least I don't believe it can be any worse than FFXIII.

Brocken

Banned
Stage 1 is denial.

That said, I'm sure some people will like the game no matter yhe quality

Hum, after reading so many topic about FFXV i'm sure of the contrary : people will dislike the game no matter the quality. Even without playng it, because for shitposting youtube will be enough.

Zedark

Leak is definitely worded in a way to lower expectations, but I hardly think prematurely judging the game based on some months old 4chan text is necessary. Willing to wait and check out some of the gameplay videos in the coming months to make my decision.

Come on, don't be that guy/girl!
Don't be all realistic and sensible! ;)

Benzy had earlier posted a leak which also confirmed the Chapter 0 was
Ifrit
but the other leaker had a lot of positive things to say. Reading them all, my hype increased. He also confirmed optional stuff, summons and ultimate weapons for characters like in FFX etc.

So yeh, if you want to present the game in negative way, you can do so through a leak. But let the press be the judge.

chefbags

The sentiment is true about any story tho, thats what were saying.. saying its bad based off 5 lines is plainly ridiculous.. you don't know how the story plays out yet.

Its annoying when GAF goes off like this based on very basic info..a lot is about to be shown off just wait until you get your own eyes on things.

Yeah I mean if all the story points are confirmed. It doesn't mean its not going to be good. Because we actually haven't seen how it plays out. We'll all judge this as critical as possible, when its actually in our damn hands lol.

jett

D-Member
Is it really shitty? I mean, it sounds simple, but... better than FFXIII I guess?!

I didn't bother with FFXIII! I'm one of dem lapsed FF fans Tabata said he hopes to win back.

Hah.

Anyway, the plot sounds like
a giant fetchquest. Like Tabata watched the 2006 CG Vs trailer, looked at the floating swords and thought to himself, "I'm gonna make the plot all about THAT!" Then there's the DBZ hyperbolic time chamber business, for reasons.
I guess the leak almost confirms my own biases about how everything I've seen so far that is plot-related about FF15 hasn't looked any good.

Gonna have to say that Kagari was right all this time. I would've preferred Nomura's game. All the stuff he showed was actually more interesting. I guess all hopes and dreams rest on his FF7 TRIOLOGY now.

I didn't read the story spoilers but they don't bother me much anyway. I am expecting a standard anime story (which I dislike) so it will be irrelevant for me. What I care about is the actual gameplay and if the performance issues are corrected, then it will be fine.

But looking at the responses in this thread I am going to laugh if the game actually turns out great with 85 plus metacritic. I don't expect it, but it can happen. I just don't understand why people panic and try to protect themselves from dissapointment. It's life, the game will be good or bad, if it is bad don't buy it or return it. And anyway, if you isolate all the bad stuff then of course it will seem that the game will suck. Were there any good things coming out of the leaks?

Bluenoser

lol the Reddit AMA guy said the Duscae demo looked better. Smfh

Yeah the reddit guy m00sician didn't do much to alleviate my concerns. Bad FPS dips, especially during cutscenes, graphics downgrade, can't even drive your car off the road ( that's what chocos are for). So what, invisible walls, or neverending guard rails?

artsi

The AMA guy says he's hyped about the game after playing it for an hour despite the performance issues.

Yeah that's good, I know I can play it on Neo to get better graphics / performance, but I want to know how's the meat :p

Yeah the reddit guy m00sician didn't do much to alleviate my concerns. Bad FPS dips, especially during cutscenes, graphics downgrade, can't even drive your car off the road ( that's what chocos are for). So what, invisible walls, or neverending guard rails?

We've known for a long time (via official word) that you can't go off road with the car. Roads only, and park it if you want to go exploring.

KingBroly

Banned

Also weird when you consider the Car is the Airship. You think you'd just be able to hover anywhere.

Dark_castle

Benzy had earlier posted a leak which also confirmed the Chapter 0 was
Ifrit
but the other leaker had a lot of positive things to say. Reading them all, my hype increased. He also confirmed optional stuff, summons and ultimate weapons for characters like in FFX etc.

So yeh, if you want to present the game in negative way, you can do so through a leak. But let the press be the judge.

Are you talking about the other leak that mentions that we're getting
Doomtrain, Odin, Diablos(?)
as summon? If true, then that would be cool, but given that Tabata said the summons count are not high, I doubt their inclusion.

Top Bottom