• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Hands-On Demo (Chapter 0-3) Previews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

So the game will be utter shit then?

Got it. Moving on.

I will still play the hell out of it, though. For Prompto-Senpai.

^

Got it. Moving on.

Ouch top of the thread message, really?

PSY・S;213880785 said:
it would be cool if it got magic upgrades

even something like a shield that let's you drive through giants :p

The only thing the car needs to do is to enable the mini game inspired by OutRun that Tabata promised.

Enough about the car.

Ishida

Banned

Got it. Moving on.

I will still play the hell out of it, though. For Prompto-Senpai.

What the...? Dude, you just went into a thread with PLENTY of very positive hands-on previews, and you say "So the game will be utter shit then?".

How does that work? o_O

jett

D-Member
Reading some previews, seems the glimpse we see of Chapter 0 in the video is literally it.

And so we meet Prince Noctis, years on from all of the promotional material and demos of the game that have been released so far. A rugged beard on his weary looking face, he trudges toward a demon of some sort, shrouding himself in walls of flames, only to be dragged to the side by his trusty companions in what is a glimpse of a titanic battle to come. This opening minute – otherwise known as Chapter 0 – sits in stark repose to the next hour of the game, as the dire situation makes way for a more jovial joy ride through the sparsely populated wilderness.

It seems like a mistake. A failure at providing an in medias res moment. Like another article mentioned, totally inspired by the likes of Uncharted 2.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
What the...? Dude, you just went into a thread with PLENTY of very positive hands-on previews, and you say "So the game will be utter shit then?".

How does that work? o_O

triggered

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Reading some previews, seems the glimpse we see of Chapter 0 in the video is literally it.

It seems like a mistake. A failure at providing an in medias res moment. Like another article mentioned, totally inspired by the likes of Uncharted 2.

I can confirm this. The way Tabata described it months back made it sound like a playable segment but I guess not really.

Manu

How does that work? o_O

Time to shit post?

He loves prompto tho

triggered

He did the same thing in the other thread but apparently he had to double down here, since everybody ignored him:

So it's shit, then? Or expectef to be shit?

Good thing I never got on that hype train.

Philippo

I can confirm this. The way Tabata described it months back made it sound like a playable segment but I guess not really.

That's even more disappointing than the content of Ch.0 which is already baffling and unnecessary by itself.

Ketaya

German preview:

http://www.gamersglobal.de/preview/final-fantasy-15 - Impression: Very Good

I'm too tired right now to translate, but they say the delay came as a surprise to them, because the Xbox One version they played felt polished and didn't have any big problems outside of long loadtimes and low resolution (PS4 version was looking a good bit better in comparison).

And there we have it, people who have actually played the game has a general positive consensus (actually, really positive) regarding the first three chapters of Final Fantasy XV and towards the game in general.

It's actually good, you guys!

Now, NeoGAF is gonna hate, as always.

Wagram

I'm a little worried XV will share elements of MGSV's story presentation. Few and far in-between these long segments of filler. Perhaps that's completely unfounded, but a few of these previews allude to that.

Makes me feel like this will be a game non-fans enjoy, but more core fans will despise.

Voror

That's really confusing honestly. I mean, if it was a taste of power with a Noctis well into his power that could be something. It might as well not even be there.

ViciousDS

Banned
He did the same thing in the other thread but apparently he had to double down here, since everybody ignored him:

I've got tears from laughing so hard

Interesting that, that is literally the opening is that 30 second piece there. Very interesting.....if truly inspired by uncharted 2.....that might not even be close to the end of the game possibly. There was still quite a bit of stuff left in UC2 after that segment once you got back to it. But yes, Noctis has seen some shit come the opening there.

Mik317

And there we have it, people who have actually played the game has a general positive consensus (actually, really positive) regarding the first three chapters of Final Fantasy XV and towards the game in general.

TBF previews are generally super positive so this will not change people's minds (not that much would; i think many already have their minds made up) due to that.

we will have to wait for reviews and even then; its not going to be a consistent thing. This game will have some real low scores. Divisive for sure.

Ran rp

Do any of the previews talk about side/subquests? I want to know if they're more than just monster hunting or fetch quests.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
is that gamersyde uncompressed? because......wow.....it does need some work. In motion it probably looks fantastic. I'm guessing some AA is used post and doesn't show up in screens. I remember watch dogs having the same issue in their screenshots....but it looked fine when I played it.

Maybe it's motion blur? I have no idea, but yeah, looks ugly. Don't really care thou

You know it. They will cry about the graphics and FF Versus shit til the end of time. It ponders me why they exist in FFXV threads at all.

TBF previews are generally super positive so this will not change people's minds (not that much would; i think many already have their minds made up) due to that.

we will have to wait for reviews and even then; its not going to be a consistent thing. This game will have some real low scores. Divisive for sure.

I don't know... I think this game will review really well for the most part. I don't think the divisiveness will come from the critics all that much. it will come from the fans for sure. Like almost every FF

As expected... I've always been positive and these previews just confirmed that I was right by holding on to my positively regardless all the negativity surrounded the game :)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'm a little worried XV will share elements of MGSV's story presentation. Few and far in-between these long segments of filler. Perhaps that's completely unfounded, but a few of these previews allude to that.

Makes me feel like this will be a game non-fans enjoy, but more core fans will despise.

This is my biggest fear. I'm really scared after MGS5... but I guess the difference here is MGS5 showed off all its cutscenes in its trailers ahead of release!

Jarmel

Banned

Yep they need to rip it out. It's a fundamental failure of not understanding what made Uncharted 2's opening good. Just slice it out.

Ishida

Banned
thankfully....I love FFXV due to duscae a lot, lot, lot more then MGS5 XD

Agreed. Running through Duscae felt a LOT better than running through MGSV's boring ass deserts... At least the scenery in Duscae is pretty and has some pretty cool wild life. :)

I've been a fan of Final Fantasy for as long as I've been a fan of gaming. Hearing these positive reviews lifts my heart.

Dare we not only dream the game is nearly here, we dare dream it be good.

Mik317

It's crazy, right? It's almost as if different people had different expectations!

that's cool.

but eventually it should become apparent that the game will never meet those said expectations. Then it is wise to either lower said expectations or move on.

It is a free country but it just gets old to have to constantly have to wade through the constant negativity. I know I know, it's just criticism bro. But after a while...its just noise.

I don't know... I think this game will review really well for the most part. I don't think the divisiveness will come from the critics all that much. it will come from the fans for sure. Like almost every FF

I doubt it. If only for tinfoil hat reasons....it would be a great way to get dem clicks. But seriously, the game is going to have some flaws. It is a Frankenstein monster of a game. The engine is patchwork. And the graphics aren't perfect. So it will get knocked (for genuine reasons) for that.

All I ask for is a cool fun game. All the media today seems to show that.

pablito

Agreed. Running through Duscae felt a LOT better than running through MGSV's boring ass deserts... At least the scenery in Duscae is pretty and has some pretty cool wild life. :)

The actual running in MGS5 is some of the best running ever though!

Ran rp

No way. I could actually run in MGSV.

Edit: Yez ^

Duscae was a chore to move through.

ViciousDS

Banned

mob variety also helps a lot. There is only so much Kojima can do in a MGS game for variety

Fitts

Yet from its two demos (Episode Duscae and Platinum), Final Fantasy XV seems reassuringly... well, good.

Thankfully, those weren't flukes.

So if I didn't like (well, hated) those two demos this latest build won't do anything to change my opinion of the game? Fair enough.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
This is my biggest fear. I'm really scared after MGS5... but I guess the difference here is MGS5 showed off all its cutscenes in its trailers ahead of release!

It's been my #1 fear for years. It seems to happen to all my favorite series these days. >. < Fingers crossed.

Sanctuary

Naysayers are very outspoken, don't let them cloud the perception. Obviously a highly anticipated and sought after title, Cindi Mayweather be damned

So was
No Man's Sky.
Glad to see the early impressions are positive on this though. But early impressions are just that, and who knows how the rest of the game will shape up to be.

ViciousDS

Banned
PSY&#12539;S;213886923 said:
I wouldn't mind it if the in-game dialogue was Naughty Dog level but uh.... yeah. Even the timing is a mess.

the car conversations are what I'm looking forward to. Just setting a destination, taking in the views at different times and listening to the guys go at it in conversations. If the world is as big as Artsi figured it out to be.....there will always be something to make my jaw drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom