• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Impressions: Mark All Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
14 hours in, chapter 8, level 30, game is great. I haven't done a ton of side quests out of fear of overleveling and honestly I think that's the way to do it (I was feeling overleveled in earlier chapters until I slowed down side quests)

Amazon uk dispatched mine on Saturday but no movement was made based on the tracking but today's it's in Bristol which is under 4 hour drive so should get it by 2mw. Will dedicate the day to just install all the patches and game data that's needed.

robotrock

Banned
Damn you guys, I forgot I preordered this game on an old card, so payment got declined on my Amazon account. I will join you all on Thursday.

Zedark

14 hours in, chapter 8, level 30, game is great. I haven't done a ton of side quests out of fear of overleveling and honestly I think that's the way to do it (I was feeling overleveled in earlier chapters until I slowed down side quests)
Sure, you can play it however you like. Sidequests should still be available at least until the very end (can someone confirm this?), so you do things however you want.

Jennipeg

It is. I've had that happen before. Its shipped probably. Just search Final Fantasy XV in your orders.

Yeah I found it thanks, it's now saying it dispatched on Saturday, could it come today? (trying not to get my hopes up). I had a momentary panic there. I'm just too hyped to get this thing.

I cant believe that Final Fantasy XV is being released today. I remember when Final Fantasy Versus XIII was announced back in 2006. I was more intersted in Versus XIII than FF XIII at the time. Also The Last Guardian is also being released next week too. If you asked me back in 2012 if these games would be released, I would have laughed.

Ferr986

That kinda sucks because I like doing almost every quest I see.

Sure, you can play it however you like. Sidequests should still be available at least until the very end (can someone confirm this?), so you do things however you want.

Yep you can and even though I'm around that same level and only in chapter 3, I'm still running into enemies that kick my butt on occasion, being way higher level then me.

RPGCrazied

I cant believe that Final Fantasy XV is being released today. I remember when Final Fantasy Versus XIII was announced back in 2006. I was more intersted in Versus XIII than FF XIII at the time. Also The Last Guardian is also being released next week too. If you asked me back in 2012 if these games would be released, I would have laughed.

Tomorrow is the street date friend. Not today.

Zedark

Yep you can and even though I'm around that same level and only in chapter 3, I'm still running into enemies that kick my butt on occasion, being way higher level than me.

True, but probably not when doing a main quest. Still, you can't have it all: doing all content and expecting the game to be a challenge after all that EXP is a bit much imo.

True, but probably not when doing a main quest. Still, you can't have it all: doing all content and expecting the game to be a challenge after all that EXP is a bit much imo.

Yep and I mean people have been over leveling and becoming power houses in FF games since forever. It's no different here.

brau

Can you download the day 1 patch before even having the game?

I'm pretty sure you can't, unless you setup your pc as a proxy and someone else has the download available for you to use on your PC. Kinda like what you have to do to install P.T now.

The patch is downloading for me now, but i own the game digitally.

Can't wait to play this on the 2nd of Dec. When are reviews coming out? I hope the story and characters are great with a top ending in this one, been missing one since the Witcher 3. The endings in general for main FFs are pretty incredible. Still waiting for 15 years for a FF that tops X's ending.

Adaren

Yep and I mean people have been over leveling and becoming power houses in FF games since forever. It's no different here.

Except XIII. One of the things that game got right.

I'll try skipping a lot of sidequests, probably. I loathe being overleveled. How noticeable is the overleveling? How large of an effect does level have on your power?

Logash

『Inaba Resident』;225571181 said:
Want to know as well.

Saw someone post a video of the new camera which seems better but more impressions would be nice

Can you link the video? Curious about the camera myself.

Alej

Banned
Want to know as well.

Saw someone post a video of the new camera which seems better but more impressions would be nice

Framepacing seems better IMO.

21 hours, just started Chapter 5, Level 30 is me in comparison :p (I have done more than 40 sidequests as of now)

-------

PSA for people in Chapter 5 (don't know if already posted here or not) :
I have read that there can be a bug happening in Chapter 5 in one of the story dungeons, where
you activate
something for
the third time
and nothing happens.
You may then need to reload a previous save, and it seems that autosaves in the dungeon can be bugged too.

So in short : don't forget to save manually, often and in particular before doing things in Chapter 5!

Maybe it was fixed in 1.02 though, you never know.

Want to know as well.

I saw a japanese video that showed that now you can warp outside battles.

This is so good, this will make the exploring more enjoyable.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I saw a japanese video that showed that now you can warp outside battles.

This is so good, this will make the exploring more enjoyable.

I'm doing it constantly. I can't believe there was ever a time without it. Also I keep hitting the bros in the head. They complain but seem fine

Can you link the video? Curious about the camera myself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64BlbeNCrME&feature=youtu.be
Seems like the camera doesn't lose track of Noctis so easily now. Really want to see how it is in a closed area. Also be careful of the "XV" in related videos. Its from the end of the game.

21 hours, just started Chapter 5, Level 30 is me in comparison :p (I have done more than 40 sidequests as of now)

-------

PSA for people in Chapter 5 (don't know if already posted here or not) :
I have read that there can be a bug happening in Chapter 5 in one of the story dungeons, where
you activate
something for
the third time
and nothing happens.
You may then need to reload a previous save, and it seems that autosaves in the dungeon can be bugged too.

So in short : don't forget to save manually!
I've heard the new patch fixed this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom