• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Impressions: Mark All Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
『Inaba Resident』;225572145 said:
Review thread is going to be a slaughterhouse
Gonna be a self fulfilling prophecy if you keep saying it.

It's happening regardless, but a man can dream

e802a0d5ac1839d9f84c5fc82e9fd00c.jpg

fire_community.gif

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
People should put the scores to good use and take a shot of something strong for every 7- and a sip of water for 9+. You'll end up with the needed mindset to make it a 10 experience. :-x
I'm joking obviously don't do that.

Go_Ly_Dow

I'm excited for you all to read my review. :)

read......

a review?

what is this? do you think a University graduate actually possesses this skill in this day and age?

YOU'RE OUT OF TOUCH WITH YOUR TARGET DEMOGRAPHIC, JASON. I NEED A NUMBER.

lookin forward to it!

catbrush

After poring through the impressions over the week, I think I'll enjoy the game even if it doesn't reach 93 metacritic, as I did Xenoblade X, even if it doesn't become my new favorite FF.

Big thanks to everyone in for making the wait a little more bearable.

I've put about 20 hours into the game myself, I'm not conflating anything :)

It's my guess/opinion based on my time with the game so far.

Some people will think it's great and they'll be right, some people will be more critical and I can totally understand that too. It depends on what you like in games and if you appreciate FF15's more quirky aspects.

I couldn't agree more. I have about 17 hours in but I'm still on chapter 2 (...I think though
I've already finished the second tomb
). I've been doing side quests and a lot of fishing/gathering and just roaming around in general). But I agree that the game is awesome and I'm really having a lot of fun with it. However, there are aspects of it such as combat, that even though it's fun, it definitely needs refinement because it can feel like a mess. Personally, I have no issues with the story. It's like everything else, if you want to progress it, play the main quests. You also have to accept that some characters you meet are cringe worthy and very hokey between the translation/writing and voice acting. But it's Final Fantasy so it's up to you if you can accept the quirkyness.

To give Xbox people a heads up I was able to download the patch this morning (digital version) and it is 9.13 GB. I believe it should be the Crown Patch or 1.02 update. Cannot wait till tonight.

Soriku

Was it not a copypasta? If so I'm sorry. I did laugh. I sincerely want nothing but the best for you.

No it wasn't lol. Yes I know the post was written well enough to sound like it. But thanks, I'm pretty positive things will be better next time after I did some brainstorming and research and communication :p

I couldn't agree more. I have about 17 hours in but I'm still on chapter 2 (...I think though
I've already finished the second tomb
). I've been doing side quests and a lot of fishing/gathering and just roaming around in general). But I agree that the game is awesome and I'm really having a lot of fun with it. However, there are aspects of it such as combat, that even though it's fun, it definitely needs refinement because it can feel like a mess. Personally, I have no issues with the story. It's like everything else, if you want to progress it, play the main quests. You also have to accept that some characters you meet are cringe worthy and very hokey between the translation/writing and voice acting. But it's Final Fantasy so it's up to you if you can accept the quirkyness.

Glad you agree, even though I personally disagree with most of your gripes :)

I enjoy the characters (except the female characters, yikes!), voice acting (Japanese VO though) and most of the writing. Also enjoy the combat much more than Witcher 3's, for example.

oh boy. what happened?
I left it on standby and went to take a bath. Afterwards I went to check how the download was coming along and the console was turned off. Tried turning it on and it never got past the blue booting light and now it won't even boot up safe mode.

10 years. 10 long years.

TghktaI.gif

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
End time: 38 hours, 32 minutes, 20 seconds
Story complete, 39 side quests, 15 hunts, continued playing optional content afterwards like gathering parts for the Regalia, playing through optional dungeons.

Overall I don't think it's a very good game. It's going to be polarizing. There is so much I didn't like, however I kept playing. Maybe because I played through every FF mainline game and some of the sequels.

It seems like SE cared more about merchandise, media- and product tie-ins and monetizing the FF brand than the game itself. I absolutely hated the real world product quests. I don't want to see that shit in a big budget fantasy RPG.

There isn't much story and it's told in a such a weird disjointed way. Important events happen off screen to get people to buy the season pass.

The battle system is too chaotic for me. The controls combined with the camera drag it down. Someone posted about enemies lacking animations to give the player a hint when to to block (and parry) and I have to agree.

Then there are certain small things that make the game worse than it could be. You can only accept one hunt at a time and you always have to return to the npc that gave you the hunt before accepting another.

The side quests are very boring and can be compared to MMO rpgs.

The technical side: The Xbox version is one of the blurriest games I've ever seen on that console. The performance in bigger towns/cities is abysmal. The loading times are very long, there are even loading screens when driving in the Regalia in the open world. These don't happen very often though.

The music is incredible and it's the best part of the game.

As someone 30ish hours in, this is the most accurate post in the thread, IMO. The people comparing it to XCX are spot-on, too.

I left it on standby and went to take a bath. Afterwards I went to check how the download was coming along and the console was turned off. Tried turning it on and it never got past the blue booting light and now it won't even boot up safe mode.

10 years. 10 long years.

TghktaI.gif

Be a glass half-full guy.

You know what to do.

PS4-Luna-Edition-FFXV-Ann-Japan_001.jpg

As someone 30ish hours in, this is the most accurate post in the thread, IMO. The people comparing it to XCX are spot-on, too.

Why thank you.

If you like/love XCX -> you'll love this.

If you hate XCX -> you might like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom