• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Impressions: Mark All Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurahador

http://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-xv-the-kotaku-review-1789400066

qF6IqGS.jpg

rhandino

Banned
After 300 hours into Xenoblade X I kind of agree with some of your critics like the skill system being WAY too complicated and almost hidden or how you have to look for your party members in the city or the city itself being way too big BUT those are also some of the reasons I love the new Xeno series! It just reward exploration not only of the game but also of their own menus and systems that when you finds 30 hours into the game that you can craft Augments to incorporate in your armor and Skell or how almost every NPC in the city is related to other and when you discover a sidequest that seems small and self-contained but ends up building up to a horror scenario Aliens style... Yeah.

jimmypython

It seems KOTAKU loved the game despite some problems, though they called the combat system one of the best they ever played.

good for them.

This combat system is the most confusing and chaotic one (10 hours into the game). Any other mainline FF AND Kingdom Hearts combat systems are better than this - This is completely subjective of course. My fav FF battle system are FF12/14, and KH2 for KH games.

The game is 6.5 - 7 in general (gameplay and plot) so far for me.

Kraq

Loving the game so far but there's one problem and I'm wondering if anyone knows how to fix it. The horizontal edges of the screen have been cut off for me, so I can't see any of the button prompts on the right-hand side. I've messed around with the Display Area settings and resolution on PS4, as well as some of the zooming functions on my TV and have come up short. If it matters, I have a 720p TV and haven't had this problem with any other game before.

To those that have played the side content, Is it as good as FFXII's? I loved the hunts and something on that level would make me buy the game in a heartbeat.

ChazGW7

Yeah, I love all the unique armors and weapons you get for exploring. Can you imagine if all you got was curative items, ore to paint your car and food ingrdients? Lol

You have clearly either a) Not played the game b) Not done enough exploring because you do find new weapons throughout the land.

I asked this in another thread but wanted some more opinions:

Is the Platinum Demo essential before starting a playthrough? I plan on watching Brotherhood and then Kingsglaive tonight to get ready, with my FFXV copy arriving tomorrow. Do I need to fit the Platinum Demo in there somewhere?

Is the Platinum Demo essential before starting a playthrough? I plan on watching Brotherhood and then Kingsglaive tonight to get ready, with my FFXV copy arriving tomorrow. Do I need to fit the Platinum Demo in there somewhere?

Absolutely not. Do not touch Platinum Demo. Its garbage

bigol

Platinum demo is useless. It was just a tech demo.

Anyone know where I can find the portable music player after installing patch 1.02? I was previously told it can be found in the Regalia's shop menu, but it isn't there. Do you have to get to a certain point in the game before you can buy it or something?

Filth

Anyone know where I can find the portable music player after installing patch 1.02? I was previously told it can be found in the Regalia's shop menu, but it isn't there. Do you have to get to a certain point in the game before you can buy it or something?

Npc at hammerhead. Either that or i was in the regalia at hammerhead

Tyaren

Guys, halp me!
How/when do I get that one optional Prompto cutscene at the motel in Leide? Even now that I restarted my playthrough I still missed it? I slept there and there was no cutscene. :/ Am I too early? I'm before reaching Galdin Quay.

Link_enfant

It appears a Gamekult member has spoiled the ending in the review's comment section. God I hate myself for reading comments sometimes, especially knowing that there are a lot of stupid people there.
Has anyone been spoiled this way about FFXV?
Also, just to be sure, is
Luna's sacrifice
really important in the ending or will I still be able to enjoy it after reading that, and still be surprised?
Please tell me I will... (haven't started playing the game yet)

Of course I reported his comment.

Sylas

It appears a Gamekult member has spoiled the ending in the review's comment section. God I hate myself for reading comments sometimes, especially knowing that there are a lot of stupid people there.
Has anyone been spoiled this way about FFXV?
Also, just to be sure, is
Luna's sacrifice
really important in the ending or will I still be able to enjoy it after reading that, and still be surprised?
Please tell me I will... (haven't started playing the game yet)

Of course I reported his comment.
That's not the ending.

kromeo

I've got a feeling SE store were sold out of deluxe edition when I pre ordered and just haven't bothered saying anything, they did it before with something. Either way they still haven't shipped at 5pm so I'm not getting it tomorrow

When you riding the regalia press start and then scroll to key items

Should I still be that worried about it?
At the moment I'm just feeling really bad and can't help but think that I won't enjoy the game as much because of this :(

You should be fine, but never read those sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom