• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Impressions: Mark All Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
My reaction to the story
and gameplay sections
from
Chapter 10 to 12.

Pdg0hjq.png

Also
Chapter 13
is the worst thing to happen to FF since FFXIII.

The should fire the designer that gave the idea for Chapter 13 and never let him work on another FF again.

:|

Not like this. That's the linear part right?

Socivol

25? I hope that isn't true. No mainline Final Fantasy game has been that short, at least for me it hasn't. I hope that is some extreme rushing.

The only way I can see this happening is with minimal sidequests and literally just doing all the main quests. The sidequests are really addicting to me I've spent 15 hours playing and I'm at the beginning of Chapter 3.

zkorejo

10 hours in, now that I have gotten a hang of the combat system, correct levelling, elemancy, choosing the best weapons and acquired special
king's swords
I really love the combat. Absolutely loving it!

The open world also gets better as you progress through the game
(still cant travel through in the night but as DarkLordMalik said, I'm sure it will get easier with time)

Fast travelling for long distances and Chocobos for smaller ones is the way to go here. It improved my experience with the game. Upgrading sprint stamina also helped.

Mifec

My reaction to the story
and gameplay sections
from
Chapter 10 to 12.

Pdg0hjq.png

Also
Chapter 13

The should fire the designer that gave the idea for Chapter 13 and never let him work on another FF again.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL sora though you'd like it.

RIP rop.

jett

D-Member
My reaction to the story
and gameplay sections
from
Chapter 10 to 12.

Pdg0hjq.png

Also
Chapter 13

Random wild guess:
Chapter 13 is the reported "stealth" chapter, isn't it?

Why do some developers insist on shoving that shit into some of their games.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
DarkLordMalik, is the story still better than FFXII and FFXIII? :p

Like is it at least not boring and not confusing and convoluted?

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Is the another open region after Duscae or is it just that and the desert region? (Please spoiler tag your answer, and don't describe the region if there is one).

Philippo

My reaction to the story
and gameplay sections
from
Chapter 10 to 12.

Pdg0hjq.png

Also
Chapter 13

Not reading the spoilers, but whatever it is it makes me super anxious lol

My reaction to the story
and gameplay sections
from
Chapter 10 to 12.

Pdg0hjq.png

Also
Chapter 13

Lmao I'm dying to hear what you think of the ending.

Golnei

Is the FFXV OST uploaded on YouTube anywhere?

It seems like there's not much out that wasn't already in the Judgment Disc demo. There'll probably be a complete rip soon; but maybe the official release being in under a month will deter some people from going to the trouble.

theofficefan99

Very interesting that Chapter 9 is divisive. I've heard numerous people say that Ch 9 is amazing and then there's other ppl that hated it.

Btw I've seriously only read glowing impressions of the ending. Maybe the only people that "don't like it" are people who haven't actually played the game

Sagely

These wildly differing impressions on those few chapters are interesting and make me very curious. Honestly have no idea how I'm gonna react when I get round to it, but it seems like they have quite the strong impact on people, for good or bad. I think I'd prefer that to feeling indifferent and unaffected, but...we'll see.

This could wind up being another VIII for me (lots of criticisms and bits that I don't like, but I'll love it for other reasons), or I'll enjoy it all-round according to my tastes. As such the impressions of later chapters aren't all that helpful as an indication of enjoyment, but it's definitely been useful in terms of preparation for problem areas.

Still think I'll adore the first half (again, opinions are so divided on this).

Philippo

Special edition for pal is basically Day one edition stuff in that steelbook. The delixe has kingslgaive and ffxv in the amano steelbook.

But is it exclusive to some store?
I've seen it on a promotional poste from a chain here in Italy a few months ago, then when i pre-ordered they changed the pic to another cover (the temporary one with only the amano logo), so i don't know which one i'm getting lol

Ran rp

I know I was full of praise but fucking hell, I am not liking how they handle Chapter 9 end and then
start of the linear section in Chapter 10 is boring AF.
I hope it gets better but the game had such a great opening chapters, story aside. I really enjoyed my time with it, in the open world.

My reaction to the story
and gameplay sections
from
Chapter 10 to 12.

Pdg0hjq.png

Also
Chapter 13

9ZiEn9w.gif

theofficefan99

Nojima automatically means to expect some batshit insane stuff to occur sooner or later

(Not that I know of any of the spoilers for this game, I'm just assuming)

Limality

Banned
Can German/Swiss Gaf that already has the game confirm if it includes English text with Japanese audio?

Need to know if I can buy this in physical formart or if I should go digital from the US store

Im pretty sure all the languages are on the disc. It says so on the World of Games product page. They're seldom wrong.

zkorejo

That's different from the day 1 patch?

I am not sure but.. one of other features in crown is the ability to listen music while walking. That I can do in the game now. There was a mp3 player I saw at a shop and I bought it. But cant use warp in free-roam.

I am assuming the day1 patch added half of those things they listed and there will be another patch to add the other half.

Oldsql

Has anyone seen any German retailer selling it earlier? I checked out my local Saturn in Berlin with no luck today.

Edit: Saturn at Mall of Berlin is selling the special version with a 10% Black Friday discount

Malik's impressions hit on why I thought this game wouldn't review that well despite the strong combat and associated systems.

Structure change into a more linear path combined with a bigger focus on story means your pretty much doing a toss up on whether or not the things you liked about the first half of the game carried over or not.

:/

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
My reaction to the story
and gameplay sections
from
Chapter 10 to 12.

Pdg0hjq.png

Also
Chapter 13

Yep,
Chapter 13
made me go "what the hell were they thinking?!" multiple times. Literally one of the worst sections I've been through this gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom